Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

Location is not a big problem, wherever you live, but having to send passports back to the airport office for approval is ridiculous!

Are you saying that passports are sent over to the old office while you are waiting at the new one ??

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a wee warning...fio...

Had a wander down yesterday to our local Prom and noticed a lot of the "sweating masses" lounging about outside ...err smoking...and some sitting under the NO smoking signs.

Just for as said info...its a 2000 Baht Fine....awaiting...so....u2y....

I have always had a multi O visa which I prefer since it gives me a no excuse reason to leave LOS every 90 days...so only ever visit Imi when I need a confirmation for a new DL...every..5 years..thats often enough......

Next joli (90 days) in Sept will be Singapore and Sentosa wi the family...ye ha...."Slings" are us....

I'm new to this. What you're saying is that if you leave the country every 90 days ahead of the need to "report" then you don't have go thru the reporting hassle?

Weeeell - after 3 months it's time for a little holiday, isn't it?. Cheap flight to everywhere in Asia, change of scenery, a bit of fun. It's well worth it, then you only have to go to immigration once a year to extend your visa.

Enjoying retirement is what we all worked for for all of those years.

Location is not a big problem, wherever you live, but having to send passports back to the airport office for approval is ridiculous!

Are you saying that passports are sent over to the old office while you are waiting at the new one ??

I'm just saying what other people who've been there are saying coffee1.gif

Yes, that was the case up until last week. It would really be nice if people who actually were visiting the Immigration office dropped by and reported on this thread. For example, when I was there one of the senior officers told me they didn't have their computer systems running yet at Promenada.

Well, folks, did they make the switch during the long weekend? Does that now mean they're able to approve extensions at Promenada and aren't running the passports and paperwork back to the old office for approval while the applicants wait at the new office?

Anyone, anyone?

I can imagine, only the top boss has authority to sign, so that's why they have to send the passports to the old office.

Passprts are not sent to the old office the man comes out to sign them.This afternoon when my extension was process I was told then head honcho comes at 15.30 to sign them and my passport was handed too me 15.40,however I do not know what time he comes in the morning. I had a queue online appt. which was not called so walked in and showed my queue card and he saw straight away. I also noticed that they closed the ninety day reports line at 13.15 as it was full for the day and told people to come back in the morning and that also included the agents, so the post is the best way now for 90 days. The plus side is parking is no problem and if you have to waiy for passports you can go inside the mall and pass the time

The passports are not sent to the old office, but someone has to go to Promenada from the old office to sign the new documentation.

Just a wee warning...fio...

Had a wander down yesterday to our local Prom and noticed a lot of the "sweating masses" lounging about outside ...err smoking...and some sitting under the NO smoking signs.

Just for as said info...its a 2000 Baht Fine....awaiting...so....u2y....

I have always had a multi O visa which I prefer since it gives me a no excuse reason to leave LOS every 90 days...so only ever visit Imi when I need a confirmation for a new DL...every..5 years..thats often enough......

Next joli (90 days) in Sept will be Singapore and Sentosa wi the family...ye ha...."Slings" are us....

I'm new to this. What you're saying is that if you leave the country every 90 days ahead of the need to "report" then you don't have go thru the reporting hassle?

If you consider the cost of leaving the country every 90 days and getting re-entry permits less hassle than doing a 90 day report ,by post,online, in person, then it's definitely the route to go.

If you have a multi O then you don't need re entry permit. Even if you do, a multi permit is just the one visit for the life of the extension.

Yes, that was the case up until last week. It would really be nice if people who actually were visiting the Immigration office dropped by and reported on this thread. For example, when I was there one of the senior officers told me they didn't have their computer systems running yet at Promenada.

Well, folks, did they make the switch during the long weekend? Does that now mean they're able to approve extensions at Promenada and aren't running the passports and paperwork back to the old office for approval while the applicants wait at the new office?

Anyone, anyone?

Just been for a 90 day report. Don't know about the computer, but didn't appear to be any problems in that department.

They really need a sign for the q numbers, as unless you hang about and wait for the loudspeaker announcement there is no way to know what number is being seen currently.

They also need some proper chairs INSIDE for the really old and infirm to wait on in the AC. Currently, only small stools are available outside, or sit on the ground if they are all occupied. It's not hot now, but when it is, it's going to be grim outside. However, not all the seating is in the sun. Most is under cover.

The guys and girls that hand out the q tickets also check your documentation, which is good. There is no sign to say tickets, but it's at the desk outside. No one there during lunch break.

The toilets are down to the right, looking at the building. They are paradise compared to the old office. Well signposted, and the notice on the door says they open at 0930.

The food court, same level is the usual place as in malls, but oriented more to staff than customers. Some have no English translations. I had a large portion for 35 baht. Most prices between 35 and 50 baht. Cash only- no tickets.

Only applicants being processed are allowed in the office.

I didn't notice if there is a place for photocopies and passport photos- anyone know?

Does anyone have recent experience with having a retirement extension done at Promenada late in the afternoon ? I have an appointment ( last one of the day) in a couple of weeks for such an extension. If passports are being sent to the old office for approval or everyone waits for a boss to come from the old office for approval, I am concerned about my passport being returned the same day, especially since I live a 2 hour drive from Promenada. Does anyone know or have experience ?

PS I didn't see any goats when I was there.

Thanks for your detailed report.

The copy shop to the left of the entry to the Immigration office if you're standing in front of the office, waiting. If you'd ventured a little more to the left you would have seen the pen with the goats.

Went to Promenade Aug. 5 for 90 day report and to get a re-entry permit.

Arrived about 8:15am and got to the back of the line which I would estimate to be 100-125 people. Got my two queue numbers, 8 for re-entry and 41 for 90 day. There were about 30 people behind me by this time.

Getting the re-entry was quick and easy with 1 guy doing the work plus an assistant so had a good Café Latte and the goat shack. They call the color of your queue card followed by the next three numbers to head inside. Two girls were quick enough so I was out of there in a bit over 5 minutes.

Total time from end of the queue to leaving with re-entry and 90 report was two hours.

I sent my 90 day report via EMS from Lamphun last Friday July 17th to the old Immigration address and said I'd follow up on the EMS tracking. My 90 day report EMS package was accepted with signature this morning July 20th between 9am and 11am at the old address. Now to see how long it takes to come back. I'll keep this updated.

The 90 day report was processed (stamped) on the day it was received and mailed out the next day. I received in at my Lamphun PO Box on July 24. Exactly one week turn around.

PS I didn't see any goats when I was there.

Thanks for your detailed report.

The copy shop to the left of the entry to the Immigration office if you're standing in front of the office, waiting. If you'd ventured a little more to the left you would have seen the pen with the goats.

Thanks. Do they do passport photos as well?

Had my first visit to do my 90 day report there yesterday.

Was NOT impressed. I got to the ticket handing out desk at exactly 1.pm to be told by the staff that all the 90 day tickets had gone and I would have to come back another day!

In the old place I used to go in in the afternoon and always got a ticket, and was out in about 20 mins to 1 hour. Now looks like I am going to have to go early morning to get a ticket. Its not easy for me to get to as I can't drive and need a friend to take me... which I don't like to ask.

I was not impressed with the set up they have at the moment... a lot of confused people mulling around outside not knowing what to do or where to get the tickets... at the desk handing out the numbers its too slow... with people waiting while others sit there filling in their paper work and holding everything up.

The lady on the desk I spoke to did not seem very helpful.. when I asked her if I could still do 90 day reporting in the city she told me 'yes' which I now understand is wrong.

Also why do people have to sit on old wooden stools and chairs outside in the heat... when inside is all air con, empty space, and NO CHAIRS? Maybe they are waiting until some arrive.. hope so.

Am going back Friday morning... and I am hoping for a better experience this time... will let you know.

Had my first visit to do my 90 day report there yesterday.

Was NOT impressed. I got to the ticket handing out desk at exactly 1.pm to be told by the staff that all the 90 day tickets had gone and I would have to come back another day!

In the old place I used to go in in the afternoon and always got a ticket, and was out in about 20 mins to 1 hour. Now looks like I am going to have to go early morning to get a ticket. Its not easy for me to get to as I can't drive and need a friend to take me... which I don't like to ask.

I was not impressed with the set up they have at the moment... a lot of confused people mulling around outside not knowing what to do or where to get the tickets... at the desk handing out the numbers its too slow... with people waiting while others sit there filling in their paper work and holding everything up.

The lady on the desk I spoke to did not seem very helpful.. when I asked her if I could still do 90 day reporting in the city she told me 'yes' which I now understand is wrong.

Also why do people have to sit on old wooden stools and chairs outside in the heat... when inside is all air con, empty space, and NO CHAIRS? Maybe they are waiting until some arrive.. hope so.

Am going back Friday morning... and I am hoping for a better experience this time... will let you know.

Yesterday would have been unusually heavy for customers due to the 2 day holiday last week. Once things get back to normal it should be the same as it was in the old office. I can't see that the numbers of people wanting 90 day has increased substantially in the past month. No point letting you wait all afternoon only to be told the office was closing when it got near 1630.

I adressed the chair situation in my report not many replies back. They used to have chairs inside, but I can see that the office would be very congested with everyone waiting inside, so they stopped that.

I made my first visit to the new office today, for a re-entry permit. I arrived at 2pm, handed my form and photocopies to the lady on the desk, and she told me I needed copies of all the used pages in my passport. No problem, I always take copies in case they are requested. I was given red ticket number 37. They were processing ticket 33. There were about 20-30 people waiting outside.

I talked to a couple of German tourists who were extending their tourist visas. They had been waiting since 11am. They were called inside, so I turned to another person in the queue to get any info I could. It seems he came with a friend at 7am to extend their visas for reason of retirement. He got a ticket and was told he would not be seen until late afternoon, but his friend was told all numbers had been given out for the day.

I was called inside at 2.20 and it took 5 minutes to stamp the permit into my passport.

I made my first visit to the new office today, for a re-entry permit. I arrived at 2pm, handed my form and photocopies to the lady on the desk, and she told me I needed copies of all the used pages in my passport.

If you get the re entry permit at the airport as you leave Thailand, no need for all those copies. Bureaucracy gone mad!

Just off of the top of my head, here's what's transpired since the move to Promenada (based upon firsthand reports):

1. No more on-line queue system. Ever.

2. No indoor seating; outdoor seating area shared with livestock.

3. No toilet facilities until mid-morning.

4. Only one employee to process retirement extensions, so fewer processed daily.

5. No computers, everything done manually.

6. Person with signature approval at another geographic location, delays processing.

7. Fewer 90 day reports processed each day creating need to arrive at 08:00 (or thereabouts).

8. No easily visible sign showing which queue number is next; numbers are not necessarily called in order.

On the bright side, at least the location is inconvenient.

No more on-line queue system. Ever.

what about people got online meeting ? i got one in 1 september

Posted today by TV member delboy in another thread:

"Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted."

No more on-line queue system. Ever.

what about people got online meeting ? i got one in 1 september

Posted today by TV member delboy in another thread:

"Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted."

That is GREAT news - BS!

PROGRESS PERSONIFIED.

I need to get a residency certificate for upgrading my driver license

1. Do I go to this location to do it?

2. when should I arrive?

3. How much is it?

4. Do I need to bring anything beside passport?

Thanks all

Archived