Thai Police deny plans to spy on people's e-mails, mobiles

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They" are spying all the time. Leave your smartphone on your table while you sit and do something else. It will switch on by itself. Then "They" switch on your cameras to see around and the mict to record your conversation.

Don't believe me, send a Line message or normal sms, pres send and if your message jumps while sending, normally 3 times, then it has been sent to 3 people plus the person you have addressed it to. Time for cyberghost.

You have been intercepted, phone, emails and messages since last year May.

What do you mean by 'Jumps'?

I think that 'they' can & do, see everything.............George Orwell did warn us though. facepalm.gif

The image of your mail message flickers up and down about three times after you press the send button.

Just a gentle reminder:

In 2011 under the leadership of then Deputy Prime Minister, Chalerm Yubamrung, (the guy with the ear problems), a more than US $ 10.2 million expensive Internet surveillance system was purchased by the government, introduced in collaboration between the Technology Crime Suppression Division of the police and the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.

"The Criminal Code and the Computer Crime Act works against people who proceed to click buttons (" like "and" share”) on facebook messages when they are classified as illegal by the police, said the technology Crime Suppression Division commander, Police Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in.

thumbsup.gif

Have I got news for you.

Everything we do on-line is being tagged, logged and saved on a database somewhere.

This is why I am always extremely cautious with my activities on-line, including my contents of emails, what I say on Skype and especially on social media such as facebook. Of course Governments worldwide are spying on us behind the scenes, or if not our on-line activities can be made available to them by certain companies, agencies, Google, facebook and our ISPs.

There is no longer such thing as an anonymous on-line user. Using proxy servers or browsers such as, Tor, were infiltrated by certain companies, agencies and Government authorities long ago.

The advice is simple; user beware.

Often wondered about getting a Blackphone, expensive though.....

attachicon.gifbp.jpg

Well - if you're savvy in *nix, you can easily get most of the software running on any (jailbroken) phone, except the M$ ones ;) Just dig out the source for the bundle and start compiling ^^

I feel truly sorry for anyone who has to sit and read my emails all day. I hope they are getting paid a good salary for it. If they are reading this too, I'm sorry for all the emails about the pigeons nesting on my balcony, how my legs are giving me gyp, and all the links to obscure 1980s electropop. I will try to spice up my emails in the future.

You may be in trouble if they find this in your inbox!

Have I got news for you.

Everything we do on-line is being tagged, logged and saved on a database somewhere.

This is why I am always extremely cautious with my activities on-line, including my contents of emails, what I say on Skype and especially on social media such as facebook. Of course Governments worldwide are spying on us behind the scenes, or if not our on-line activities can be made available to them by certain companies, agencies, Google, facebook and our ISPs.

There is no longer such thing as an anonymous on-line user. Using proxy servers or browsers such as, Tor, were infiltrated by certain companies, agencies and Government authorities long ago.

The advice is simple; user beware.

Write your emails prior to going online and have a strong encryption. The problem in our age is that this already puts you onto the radar of the agencies that are interested in spying on you. Without them being able to dismantle your privacy you will be placed on one of the lists they keep, like potential terrorist or belonging to organised crime. Just born after WWII I served my country (Europe) with honour and got some recommendations. If I would be asked today to serve again I would show our politicians the middle finger.

To get my visa i even had to give them my mobile number and emailaddress.

When in Thailand I use a pre-paid mobile and for private calls home I use the one from home that allows roaming. I also have two email accounts, one for business and the other one with gmail which mostly is piled up with spam generated by hotmail accounts. I would have no problems to hand them the pre-paid phone number or the gmail address, not that I have been asked yet for them entering the country.

To get my visa i even had to give them my mobile number and emailaddress.

When in Thailand I use a pre-paid mobile and for private calls home I use the one from home that allows roaming. I also have two email accounts, one for business and the other one with gmail which mostly is piled up with spam generated by hotmail accounts. I would have no problems to hand them the pre-paid phone number or the gmail address, not that I have been asked yet for them entering the country.

Well i have nothing to hide but what's next? They might want us to install some app so they can follow us by gps on the cellphones.

They even called the number of my wife to ask many things about me. Also about the travelplan that i had to make.

I am married with a Thai, why they have to treat me like some kind of potential criminal?

I did have plans to start an official company in Thailand and invest big in it. Since they treat me like a child i changed my plans.

But the Americans spy on all european cellphones. Even the one from Mrs. Merkel they found out. So americans shouldn't complaint about the government spying.

• 2 months later...