New Thai(Elite)Visa ! 5 Year PE Visa !

Doesn't matter if you think they are stupid laws or not..........It's their laws, take it or leave it.

I'm quite sure you would not like immigrants in your home country telling you all that your laws are stupid so you have to change them.

I have to accept them but can still write that they are unreasonable. tongue.png

If the laws in my home country are stupid-unreasonable, I will accept that and opposition, no problem.

Only, as you know, most Falangs on Non Immigrant O Visa or Elite Card Visa, bring money to Thailand.

The opposite can be said from most for Visa applying people for my home country. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

• 1 month later...

It would seem to me that a very low percentage of farong would be 45 years old or younger, not married and truly not working here....

So I am wondering just how small the "Elite" membership is?

It would seem minuscule to me....

??

---------------------------------------

A month or so ago there was an article in an English newspaper that the program was going to "Expand" its membership as they "wanted more revenue".

I have no idea what that phrase means, "wanted more revenue".

I suppose it could mean anything, and be good or bad.

• 2 weeks later...

There are pro and contra for Elite Visa.

If you are under 50 years old and not married to a thai. then this visa is of course of of the simplest way (if you have the money).

If you are over 50 years or are maried to a thai.. then it is only a matter of calculation if this money is worth it for you.

If you have 100 Million baht in your account I think you don't care about the 2 million for the 20 year membership. But if you strugle with the money already this is of course the wrong option. But without money it is anyway difficult to stay somewhere longtime.

This is a Elite visa (elite mean normaly not a standart visa for normal people... elite in my thinking is better healthier (moneywise) people. and for this kind of people I think it is good.

One person made the suggestion if you really rich, why bother to go to thailand... ON the other side why should they bother to buy one only for use it maybe 1-2 times per year for a short holiday... Easier than obtain a normal visa. They have a limosine and spa and golf. Perfect for rich person.

I also think it was stated many times already.. most people complain about or not like this kind of Visa option... they should leave it. For the other the can pay the money and hopefully be happy for the whole period they paid for.

For myself I have thought a few times about It.. but there are cheaper options for me. I could pay for it..but I am not that rich, that i can say I would not feel a difference if I pay 500K or 2 million...
If I am that rich (lets say more than 30 million in cash) I think i really would consider it.. Why?:

- Easy visa without a lot paperwork

- Free Limo instead of taxi (400 baht per trip)

- Use of fastrack ( I am a very normal person who still use most of the time eco flights) (maybe if i am that rich.. would change to business)

There I also see some risk.. but nothing is without risk...

• Like 1

this thread should be directly about those wanting information or services on the 5 year visa like all other visa threads

it seems a few posters want to put theories or financial badges on other posters interested in this visa

those posters with theories good or just plain horse manure should use other forum threads to discuss away from actual visa info

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe some people still don't know about Thailand Elite...

The program is already 13 years old.

---------------------------------

The program is NOT the same program that was started 13 years ago.

That program effectively died years ago and went bankrupt, except that a different government and a different group of politicians revived it by pumping more public money into it.

I am not opposed to the program, I just think that on the basis of its history anyone depending on the program is walking on very thin ice.

I do believe that based on Thailand's spotty political history there is no way to be sure that 5 years from now this new program will have either he funds or the political support needed to keep it going.

From what I hear they are having financial problems again keeping it going even with the new "slimmed down" benefits package which is much less than the original package they announced years ago.

It is up to you, but based on history, I don't know if this new PE visa program will still be around in 5 years or not.

As the Thai bargirls say, "Up to You".

Edited by IMA_FARANG

That program effectively died years ago and went bankrupt, except that a different government and a different group of politicians revived it by pumping more public money into it.

I am not opposed to the program, I just think that on the basis of its history anyone depending on the program is walking on very thin ice.

I do believe that based on Thailand's spotty political history there is no way to be sure that 5 years from now this new program will have either he funds or the political support needed to keep it going.

From what I hear they are having financial problems again keeping it going even with the new "slimmed down" benefits package which is much less than the original package they announced years ago.

It is up to you, but based on history, I don't know if this new PE visa program will still be around in 5 years or not.

I'm considering getting the PE Visa not because of the perks but because of the ease of stay in Thailand. That's the main reason I'm considering it, it will help me to stay without doing visa runs until I can get a retirement visa. In my opinion the perks are more of a side benefit, but I'm no expert, just someone who is likely to get the PE Visa next year when my current visa runs out. I'm just tired of doing visa runs or looking how many exempt stamps you have and having to worry about whether you get questioned by immigration on my next entry.

• Like 1

Not one visa was ever cancelled under this or the previous scheme. Thats all I got it for. I dont use the limos but did use there service once which was brilliant. Seams a no brainer to me if you have the funds.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello, i am seriously considering the Elite Visa, and wanted to know from other members about the golf and spa vouchers.

it says 24 per year for both Golf and Spa, and there are some great golf courses on the list.

Are the vouchers for a free round of golf?, or is it a discount voucher? Same question re: Spa Voucher.

Thanks

So by the book, you still are required to report every 90 days with the Elite Visa. But just supposed that every 89th day, you leave the country, say a day trip over to Cambodia, then you come back later in the day or the next day, would that mean you would not have to do the 90 day reporting? Keep repeating the process every 89 days, leave Thailand and return and never have to report? I can easily see me planning my trips for a year or so around that, since I do want to visit Laos, and Cambodia, and even Mynanmar (Bagan).

Edited by gk10002000

Correct the trip outside the country resets your 1 year visa (permission to stay).. No need for 90 day reporting

Your correct no need to do that initial 90 day report but once you come back into the country it resets the 90 days but you will need to report your address again 90 days after you arrive and yes 1 stamp when you come back in.