Thai soldiers break into Prayut happy dance to go viral (VIDEO)

webfact

Soldiers break into Prayuth happy dance to go viral (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Marching on the heels of the move-busting police dance crew, the military was inspired to make a viral video and making Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha's theme song slightly more entertaining.

Their dance by the men of the 11th Infantry Division has received more than 200,000 views on YouTube since Saturday for their choreographed dance to the junta's "Returning the Happiness" song at their headquarters in Bang Khen district.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/23/soldiers-break-prayuth-happy-dance-go-viral-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-23

I've seen other forces do these music video/dancing bits.

This one strikes a nice balance between a communist talent show with unsmiling performers, and an uncomfortably bad lady boy stage show.

If they have this much time on their hands, they ought to raise the bar.

Edited by 55Jay

Where's the "I'm in pain" smiley?

So, a couple of weeks ago, some top brass chap said, "I've heard about "viral videos" (index and middle fingers scratching the air in speech marks) on that interweb thingy and making people popular. We should have one. Do it. Now!"

This is sooo much better!

Where do these chickens hang out...that's got to be the ultimate challenge! No?? A few of them had some nice moves.

And as for the army guys.. No that doesn't work or do,it for me. I could just see the UK Royal Marines or Parachute Regiment doing that! not ! What do you reckon. What's the chances or which would you want on your side. 40 Royal Marine Commando. You can ask them to dance if you like!!

post-212796-0-39572000-1437704203_thumb.

Edited by Nigeone

They even picked the music style the general loves ... old, boring and stodgy.

blink.png

Uhm, you do realize that Field Marshall Prayut wrote this song?

But agree that it's not the first song I'd pick for a group dance music video?

Can someone tell me the name of first song?

The name of the song is
"Khʉʉn khwaam sùk hây prathêet thai"
i.e., returning peace to the Thai people.
It says, "Just wait a little longer, I will do what I promised," etc.
It actually starts here at the chorus instead of the first verse, obviously because it's such an intense dance number that they just wanted to skip to the fast-paced chorus and let those dancers bust out with their mind-blowing moves.
Here's a full version so you can listen to it over and over again.
It's played quite a bit around town and on the radio. I have heard people singing it sarcastically as well.