Looking for the best Thai visa assist company

watgate

Are there any other thai visa assist companies in Chiang Mai besides Assistthaivisa. I am possibly going to use one of these companies to assist in my retirement renewal and was wondering what experiences folks have had with utilizing one of these companies and how satisfied were they with them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watgate my old cobber, do yourself a favour and look up pom of O/S visas co ltd soi nine nimmanhamin rd..directly opp the old monkey club

which is now a building site, fantastic service in all areas,been a very happy client for 2 yrs plus smile.png for zoo.s visas etc etc

feel very free to P.M. me for any further detailsbiggrin.png

a very nice morning to allsmile.png

The two that people many people use are O.S. Thai Visa and Assist Thai Visa. Their fee structure is very similar and they each have a very loyal customer following. They're located on opposite sides of town -- O.S. Thai Visa on a Nimmanheiman Soi and Assist Thai Visa in Chiang Mai Land. This is handy that they're so far apart and can serve different "market areas" because you're going to have to go by the offices of a visa agent to sign forms, drop off your passport, etc, etc, from time-to-time.

O.S. Thai Visa says they'll provide transportation to Immigration for their clients, from their office. This could be very handy for people who live in the Huey Kaew-Nimman area and don't have an easy way to get to Promenada.

Another vote for ATV ..... used thrm for years and never a hassle.....referred some friends that referred friends and oganizations to them.....probably 30-40 people + whoever they referred and all are happy with the services/results as far as I know.....

Always good, quick, friendly service with straight answers - I appreciate that.....

I used Star visa to get a Visa for the wife to go to the states. Very good service. Worked out well. Inquired about the possibility of them getting me a single reentry. Got a bit of a run around and they wanted 2,000 baht to do it. I went in myself. Half an hour for that. Felt sorry for the other people. Really bad service for them.

I believe the one on Chiang Mai Land will provide a ride not sure. Thankfully it is over two months away before mine is due. Maybe by then they will have a better system. If not very much better I am going to let my old age take over and use a service. Two officers was slow enough now they only have one officer doing all the work.

I think Star Visa is more in the business of helping Thai people to get visas to the U.S. and maybe other countries. I've used them for translation of Thai government documents into English and they do a great job of that, too.

Star Visa may advertise helping foreigners with the Thai Immigration system, but really O.S. Thai Visa and Assist Thai Visa are the best in town for us folks.

5000 Thb for someone to hold your hand while going

to immigration,I am sure I could find a better use for

the money,but its up to the people that are not confident

enough to do it themselves.

Also with the new office opening up,I am sure things are

going to get easier,not that they are difficult at the moment,

2-3 hours ,buy the time you go to Visa office,then to immigration

how much time do you really save,as for 90 day reports,done

my last one by post ,sent Monday returned Thursday.have not

tried to do on-line yet,but if/when it works that will be better still.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

I don't know why the other poster paid 5,000 baht plus immigration. Maybe difficult circumstances. I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

regards Worgeordie

I don't know why the other poster paid 5,000 baht plus immigration. Maybe difficult circumstances. I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

And I guess the OP would love to know the name of the agency that does it ,( retirement visa?) for that price.

Will be using Assist Thai Visa this year. Could not get an online appointment and at my age I choose to not go out to Promenada and sit out side until it opens from 6:00 A M on. Then when it opens run the risk of hearing people over such and such a number come back after lunch. In the past I did it myself. The shortest time I did it in was from 7:00 in the morning until 11:45 in the morning. That was three years ago and they announced people with numbers over 17 come back after lunch. I had number 15.

Now at the new location it doesn't matter what time you come in. You are told to come back after lunch to get your passport ass they have to be taken to the Airport office to be signed. Hopefully that will change. But the line up in the morning will not change until they develop a more rapid system or more people use agents. At the airport they had permission to stay at desks 5 and 6. At the new location they only have one desk.

We can always hope for an improvement which I am sure will come but it is going to take them a bit of time to get it. At the moment it looked like they were training new people. I did a single reentry and the trainee only took my money and gave me the receipt. I doubt that will be much help.

When I say hope for an improvement I am positive it will come but when?

regards Worgeordie

And I guess the OP would love to know the name of the agency that does it ,( retirement visa?) for that price.

Thai Assist Visa. If anything is special or difficult I could see a higher price. As it seems now they charge 1,200 baht to get your place in queue and handle all the communication. You don't even have to wait at immigration. They call you about an hour before your number comes up, you have your picture taken and away you go. They wait and pickup your passport for you. Go by their office at your convenience and pick up your passport.

And the rest of the people reading this! 5,000, 5,500 or 6,000 plus the 1,900 immigration fee is standard everywhere in town if you don't want to do your extension based on retirement yourself.

As long as there is no catch, anybody coming in that much cheaper will generate themselves a lot of new business; please share the details.

And the rest of the people reading this! 5,000, 5,500 or 6,000 plus the 1,900 immigration fee is standard everywhere in town if you don't want to do your extension based on retirement yourself.

As long as there is no catch, anybody coming in that much cheaper will generate themselves a lot of new business; please share the details.

He did. First three words of the post above yours.

Oops - missed that. Possibly missed because I wasn't expecting it, as Thai Assist Visa or (Assist Thai Visa) were quoting 5,000 plus immigration fee last year.

re

Oops - missed that. Possibly missed because I wasn't expecting it, as Thai Assist Visa or (Assist Thai Visa) were quoting 5,000 plus immigration fee last year.

nahhh ... assist thai visa were charging 5500 for retirement extensions in july 13

and ive just renewed again at 5500 + 1900 government fee + 3700 ish ? for a multiple re entry permit

re

I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

cmth is not talking about a complete retirement extension including a re entry permit which you have to get !

dave2

post-42592-0-81256800-1437885442_thumb.j

post-42592-0-11864100-1437885466_thumb.j

re

nahhh ... assist thai visa were charging 5500 for retirement extensions in july 13

and ive just renewed again at 5500 + 1900 government fee + 3700 ish ? for a multiple re entry permit

re

cmth is not talking about a complete retirement extension including a re entry permit which you have to get !

dave2

Thanks Dave your thumb tack leaves no doubt as to the price of 5,000 baht at Thai Assist Visa.

I was quoted 4950 at Star Visa but I don't feel comfortable with them and as Nancy said they are more about helping Thai's get Visas. They charged a little under 3,000 baht to help her with the American one and wanted 6,000 baht to help her with the Canadian one which I passed up as there was no guarantee that the Passport would come back in time for the flight. They said it had taken from two weeks to over a month for them to be returned

re

@dave2, thanks for posting the receipts. Noticeably interesting that they list the "government fee" for the single re-entry permit as 1300 thb when it's actually 1000 thb.....?

no problem smile.png

in 2013 after assist thai visa got my retirement extension it went to the head honcho in the back office for checking and signing which assist thai visa had to wait for it to get the re entry permit and i didnt even have to be there so i didnt care how much it cost

now its a bit different

i had to have my pic taken at the extension desk a month ago and wait while the head honco signs it and then have my pic done again for the re entry permit

i did all this in about an hour and a half which was a pain but i think ill stick with assist next year coz all i have to do is sit and smile twice

and dont have to put up with the , i want another copy of this or go and get new bank letter etc

dave2

pic .. doi suthep ten minits ago

post-42592-0-36956000-1437893339_thumb.j

re

re

dave2

Thanks Dave your thumb tack leaves no doubt as to the price of 5,000 baht at Thai Assist Visa.

I was quoted 4950 at Star Visa but I don't feel comfortable with them and as Nancy said they are more about helping Thai's get Visas. They charged a little under 3,000 baht to help her with the American one and wanted 6,000 baht to help her with the Canadian one which I passed up as there was no guarantee that the Passport would come back in time for the flight. They said it had taken from two weeks to over a month for them to be returned

I can find no record of "Thai Assist Visa" on google, except for this forum. There is an "Assist Thai Visa"

The price shown on the receipt is 5500 baht.

Edited by mesquite

And those three words are "Thai Assist Visa" which does not exist.

regards Worgeordie

Nonsense.

re

re

dave2

I can find no record of "Thai Assist Visa" on google, except for this forum. There is an "Assist Thai Visa"

The price shown on the receipt is 5500 baht.

Thanks for correcting me. I am going to claim a senor moment on the price and have to admit all the names confused me so I just copied the Thai Assist Visa.

It was good to see the real address on Chiang Mai Land road given. Previously it had been an address on Changklan. I had spoke to them on the phone about it and they couldn't understand it either.

I noticed the name was back to front, but as the poster said Chang Klan Road I knew it would be the same and didn't want to cause him confusion. Still, it's a bit different to 3,100.