Looking for the best Thai visa assist company

watgate

OK nobody works for nothing, but 5500 thb, for doing a few photocopies,filling

in the form,then taking you to office,I understand the 5500 Thb will not be all

profit as there will have to be some sharing,

You still have to go to their office, then to Immigration,OK you might not have

any contact with the officers,which seems to worry a lot of people, but I always

find them friendly and polite,as I am to them.

After I return home from receiving a new extension I fill in form,attach photos,and

photocopies of passport,put in large envelope ready for the next extension,when

i will just need bank letter,copy of bank book and 1,900 thb,a little bit of organization

can save you money,I have never had problem booking a spot on line either,

do the same with 90 reports,mark date on calender,have everything ready to post

on the day,not tried on line yet.,you forget its 2000 thb fine,better not to forget.right

regards worgeordie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any contact with the officers,which seems to worry a lot of people, but I always

After I return home from receiving a new extension I fill in form,attach photos,and

i will just need bank letter,copy of bank book and 1,900 thb,a little bit of organization

on the day,not tried on line yet.,you forget its 2000 thb fine,better not to forget.right

regards worgeordie

Get back to us after you have had to sit in line starting at 6:00 in the morning. Remember there are only ten appointments a day and they are seeing up to 50 a day. Until then you have nothing to say. I do pay attention and enjoy most of your posts but this one you are way out of line on.

Good idea about preparing every thing for next year. I don't because the wife knows every thing that is needed and she is always there with me. I do have a copy of the form all filed in with the exception of the day and address in case I move.

regards worgeordie

Get back to us after you have had to sit in line starting at 6:00 in the morning. Remember there are only ten appointments a day and they are seeing up to 50 a day. Until then you have nothing to say. I do pay attention and enjoy most of your posts but this one you are way out of line on.

Good idea about preparing every thing for next year. I don't because the wife knows every thing that is needed and she is always there with me. I do have a copy of the form all filed in with the exception of the day and address in case I move.

John ,why did you miss booking a place on the 10 spots that are available every day,for several days before your extension date ?

I would not want to be sitting there at 6.00 neither, which is why i make sure i get a place booked.hopefully things will improve at

the new offices ,if they can do 50 retirement extensions a day,maybe they should make more available for pre booking.

regards Worgeordie

^^ "Get back to us after you have had to sit in line starting at 6:00 in the morning. Remember there are only ten appointments a day and they are seeing up to 50 a day. Until then you have nothing to say."

Northernjohn, look at it this way. Would you be OK with paying say, 6,000 per month for garbage pickup service since it would be such a pain If you had to haul it away yourself?

Up to you of course, but I must agree with worgeordie. The fee is high for the amount of service.

regards worgeordie

John ,why did you miss booking a place on the 10 spots that are available every day,for several days before your extension date ?

I would not want to be sitting there at 6.00 neither, which is why i make sure i get a place booked.hopefully things will improve at

the new offices ,if they can do 50 retirement extensions a day,maybe they should make more available for pre booking.

regards Worgeordie

I did try. just for fun last week I checked the next 100 days. They go fast. I did get lucky two years ago and get one 98 days ahead of time but not this year or last year. Figure it out when there is only ten spots available and around 50 trying to get them it is the lucky ones who get them. Like I believe it was ElGordo got one. He was using two computers and one got through and got him a reservation the other showed booked solid.

As for amexpat I don't know how I would feel. Give me the information on the world you are living in and I will give you an answer. It is obviously not this world.

5000 Thb for someone to hold your hand while going

to immigration,I am sure I could find a better use for

the money,but its up to the people that are not confident

enough to do it themselves.

Also with the new office opening up,I am sure things are

going to get easier,not that they are difficult at the moment,

2-3 hours ,buy the time you go to Visa office,then to immigration

how much time do you really save,as for 90 day reports,done

my last one by post ,sent Monday returned Thursday.have not

tried to do on-line yet,but if/when it works that will be better still.

regards Worgeordie

I don't know why the other poster paid 5,000 baht plus immigration. Maybe difficult circumstances. I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

Nonsense.

Believe it or don't. I am just stating a fact. Call Rhys (the director) and ask him yourself.

re

Northernjohn, look at it this way. Would you be OK with paying say, 6,000 per month for garbage pickup service since it would be such a pain If you had to haul it away yourself?

amexpat look at it this way

5500 baht is less than 16 baht a day over a year to not put up with the whims of an immigration office whos wife said no last night so hes not happy with your i live here letter , i cant see if that says 700 or a 800 hundred thousand on your bank letter or any other petty thing to mess me about with

if theres a problem with anything assist thai visa sort it before i get there and all i have to do now is smile for the camera twice and wait for an hour ish ?

no 6 am queues . no getting an appointment 100 days in advance on line or any of the other to me

rediculous another copy this another copy that stuff that goes with an annual retirement extension for 16 baht a day is a no brainer to me smile.png

dave2

pic ... doi suthep 5 minits ago smile.png

post-42592-0-57246300-1437956523_thumb.j

post-42592-0-43144800-1437957261_thumb.p

Edited by dave2

regards worgeordie

^^^^^^as the late and great welsh comedian tommy cooper would say # JUST LIKE THAT #cheesy.gif

if your above statement is true,why are visa agents doing such a brisk trade at the zoo

you clearly seem,or want to forget , that the visa agents have quite a large number of overheads to operate their business

office rent, staff. ,electricity, water, stationery, computers ,faxs, printer, telephone, mobiles. uniforms, insurance, car running costs. , cleaning, advertising, website ,

thats just off the top of my very handsome headsmile.png

plus the owner working 60 hrs plus a week etc etc ,lets now take off all those expenses,out of the 5000 baht ret visa fee and see the net profit

my super duper agent , pom of O/S visas, is certainly not in the SO,SO class,far from it infact, but a very hard working thai/aussie business lady with a heart of gold

unfortunately being a zoo , D.Y.O, such as yourself you have not seen the operating side or services provided by a visa agent as E/S who has been on both sides of the fence and can assure

the opening poster

that the small sum of around 5000 baht for a ret visa, plus all 90 day reports done to engage any recommended visa agent,on this thread is worth every baht, and stress free

its a very cool morning to allsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

Here is my very simplistic view on paying 5500 Thb for agent to assist me obtaining a Extension,

For any job I could not do like changing the engine in my truck,fixing the roof,doing an

operation on the dog,you get the idea,I would gladly pay someone to do these things for

me,because if I tried to do these myself,the truck would never run again,the roof would

still leak, and the dog would be dead!.

The process of applying for the extension is so easy,fill in form,photo copy relevant pages

in passport,note 100 days on calender,stay awake till 12.00 hours,have your computer on,

book your place,if your quick you will find a spot,if not try again next day,or next day,day

before your due date get Bank letter,copy of Bank book pages,does the agent do this for

you as well?,now all that is very easy,and I have much better things to do with the 5500Thb,

couple decent meals,a weeks groceries,or just give to a worthy charity,you also have the satisfaction

knowing you did it yourself,without anybodies help,the things I am capable doing,I do.

But if money is no object,5500 Thb means nothing to you,or if your time is so precious (even though

you are retired ),or if you feel you could not bare to be in the same room as the great unwashed,

pay the agent,its your money,and if it makes you happy why not,I am just giving the other side of

the story,what works for me.

regards worgeordie

Here is my very simplistic view on paying 5500 Thb for agent to assist me obtaining a Extension,

For any job I could not do like changing the engine in my truck,fixing the roof,doing an

operation on the dog,you get the idea,I would gladly pay someone to do these things for

me,because if I tried to do these myself,the truck would never run again,the roof would

still leak, and the dog would be dead!.

The process of applying for the extension is so easy,fill in form,photo copy relevant pages

in passport,note 100 days on calender,stay awake till 12.00 hours,have your computer on,

book your place,if your quick you will find a spot,if not try again next day,or next day,day

before your due date get Bank letter,copy of Bank book pages,does the agent do this for

you as well?,now all that is very easy,and I have much better things to do with the 5500Thb,

couple decent meals,a weeks groceries,or just give to a worthy charity,you also have the satisfaction

knowing you did it yourself,without anybodies help,the things I am capable doing,I do.

But if money is no object,5500 Thb means nothing to you,or if your time is so precious (even though

you are retired ),or if you feel you could not bare to be in the same room as the great unwashed,

pay the agent,its your money,and if it makes you happy why not,I am just giving the other side of

the story,what works for me.

regards worgeordie

Ditto

Would you be OK with paying say, 6,000 per month for garbage pickup service since it would be such a pain If you had to haul it away yourself?

Not per month, but I'd certainly be glad to pay 6,000 per YEAR to avoid hauling it away myself. Hell, I'd pay 6,000 a year to not have to step outside my door and walk the four steps to the garbage chute in my condo. At my age, what the hell do I need to save a few pennies a day for? My old age? I'm there already. My family isn't going to suffer if I spend 200 bucks a year over the next, say, 10-15 years I've got left.

If I can't get a slot on the schedule board, you can be sure I'll spend the money with 'Assist Thai Visa,' if for no other reason than not to stand in line at 5am or wait around for four hours.

re

you as well?

all of this to save a fifth of one months english pension

( and i get three ! )

as opposed to paying someone 5500 baht and going to immigration for an hour ish ... your joking right ?

and yes

assist thai visa do get the bank letter for me so that saves me going to the bank and getting the

one moment please

deer in the headlights look from the girl while she works out what to do with me

dave2 ... a very happy agent user smile.png

post-42592-0-87079300-1437969112_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

And as Worgeordie said in part "If you feel could not bare to be in the same room as the great unwashed"..... Well in my opinion that also part of the reason why I too use an agent.

I quiet like interaction with people but in enclosed areas like the old immigration building, with minimal ventilation and an AC that sometimes works....conversing with a person that has a problem with body odor (Or a phobia of personal hygiene) is not high on my list of enjoyable activities.

I happily hand over my hard earned cash to the likes of Rhys and his crew, to do the tasks I'd rather not. To me it's a win win situation.

But as we are all alluding to (I think), each to their own. I use to do my own 90 reporting, but now I use that time for other things.....like sleeping in!

Have a great day

re

you as well?

all of this to save a fifth of one months english pension

( and i get three ! )

as opposed to paying someone 5500 baht and going to immigration for an hour ish ... your joking right ?

and yes

assist thai visa do get the bank letter for me so that saves me going to the bank and getting the

one moment please

deer in the headlights look from the girl while she works out what to do with me

dave2 ... a very happy agent user smile.png

Hi Dave, you say that they get the bank letter for you,do you sign power of attorney,

so they are able to do this?,as I am sure the bank would not hand over your details

to someone who just turns up at the Bank,hopefully!

regards worgeordie

Would you be OK with paying say, 6,000 per month for garbage pickup service since it would be such a pain If you had to haul it away yourself?

Not per month, but I'd certainly be glad to pay 6,000 per YEAR to avoid hauling it away myself. Hell, I'd pay 6,000 a year to not have to step outside my door and walk the four steps to the garbage chute in my condo. At my age, what the hell do I need to save a few pennies a day for? My old age? I'm there already. My family isn't going to suffer if I spend 200 bucks a year over the next, say, 10-15 years I've got left.

If I can't get a slot on the schedule board, you can be sure I'll spend the money with 'Assist Thai Visa,' if for no other reason than not to stand in line at 5am or wait around for four hours.

Not per year, but per decade - hell, make it a century. You funny guy.

Later. I must now call my personal shopper to buy me some new flip flops and a tee shirt.

The cooler weather is nice, indeed.

re

Oops - missed that. Possibly missed because I wasn't expecting it, as Thai Assist Visa or (Assist Thai Visa) were quoting 5,000 plus immigration fee last year.

nahhh ... assist thai visa were charging 5500 for retirement extensions in july 13

and ive just renewed again at 5500 + 1900 government fee + 3700 ish ? for a multiple re entry permit

re

I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

cmth is not talking about a complete retirement extension including a re entry permit which you have to get !

dave2

I notice that receipt looks to be 2013

I am not sure what retirement ext assist costs now

But based on marriage is 10k which includes the 1900 fee

And as Worgeordie said in part "If you feel could not bare to be in the same room as the great unwashed"..... Well in my opinion that also part of the reason why I too use an agent.

I quiet like interaction with people but in enclosed areas like the old immigration building, with minimal ventilation and an AC that sometimes works....conversing with a person that has a problem with body odor (Or a phobia of personal hygiene) is not high on my list of enjoyable activities.

I happily hand over my hard earned cash to the likes of Rhys and his crew, to do the tasks I'd rather not. To me it's a win win situation.

But as we are all alluding to (I think), each to their own. I use to do my own 90 reporting, but now I use that time for other things.....like sleeping in!

Have a great day

He still thinks that every one can get an appointment on line. He has obviously not experienced the early morning until God knows when that the ten very very lucky people get out of. Many who for one reason of another do not wish to make it a day long experience so they get an agent. It wasn't that long ago that the long wait was acceptable to me. Now it is only as a last resource.

I see where a fellow got in right away. He arrived at 5:00 in the morning got in right when it opened and still had to come back in the afternoon to get his signed passport.

Yes money is important to me but it is not that important that I have to put myself through that kind of crap. I don't mind doing the 90 day one's in person as it gives me a chance to see a movie and shop a little bit. It is not never has been and I highly doubt ever will be a day long affair. The most I ever waited was an hour and a half during office hours. Note here I have no fear of people. Once when I went in early at 7:00 I didn't get out until 9:15 they had only been open 45 minuets.

Edited by northernjohn

Just realized better not to promote doing Extension yourself,as next year,may not

be able to get a spot booked.so now on the side of Visa agents.

Don' t bother trying to do the paperwork ,its just too difficult,all those copies and

form filling,having to go to bank,use your friendly local Visa Agent,it will only cost

you 5500 Thb, chicken feed to most of us,everything will be done for you,just

look at the faces in the waiting room,while you are whisked through to have your

photo taken by the officer, minutes later while exiting,the murmurs of the great

unwashed,he must be VIP,that will be worth the price alone.job done till next year,

its much easier when someone holds your hand,for 5500 Thb,please don't bother

trying to do yourself.

regards Worgeordie

re

Hi Dave, you say that they get the bank letter for you,do you sign power of attorney,

so they are able to do this?

ive no idea ... how it worked this year and last as far as i can remember

i gave ATV my passport the bank passbook with the 800 odd in for three months and the i have lived here for so long letter from my building

they photocopied the pages they needed from the passport and gave me about 15 pages to sign and that was it

where or how they got the bank letter i dont know

they called me two days later and said be at immigration at 3 pm today and last year i was out in 30 mins coz they could get my re entry permit without me being there

this year i had to have my pic taken for the re entry permit so it took about an hour and a half and i was finished

they then waited for the re entry permit to be stamped in my passportt and i collected it the next day and paid the bill

dave2

pic ,,, oh dear

someone is opening a new sports bar in an old massage shop almost opposite tonys big bikes

will it open ?

post-42592-0-76032600-1438001470_thumb.j

re

so they are able to do this?

ive no idea ... how it worked this year and last as far as i can remember

i gave ATV my passport the bank passbook with the 800 odd in for three months and the i have lived here for so long letter from my building

they photocopied the pages they needed from the passport and gave me about 15 pages to sign and that was it

where or how they got the bank letter i dont know

they called me two days later and said be at immigration at 3 pm today and last year i was out in 30 mins coz they could get my re entry permit without me being there

this year i had to have my pic taken for the re entry permit so it took about an hour and a half and i was finished

they then waited for the re entry permit to be stamped in my passportt and i collected it the next day and paid the bill

dave2

pic ,,, oh dear

someone is opening a new sports bar in an old massage shop almost opposite tonys big bikes

will it open ?

I just got a reentry permit at the Promenada. I took a picture of me in with my application and they just glued it to the paper.

5000 Thb for someone to hold your hand while going

to immigration,I am sure I could find a better use for

the money,but its up to the people that are not confident

enough to do it themselves.

Also with the new office opening up,I am sure things are

going to get easier,not that they are difficult at the moment,

2-3 hours ,buy the time you go to Visa office,then to immigration

how much time do you really save,as for 90 day reports,done

my last one by post ,sent Monday returned Thursday.have not

tried to do on-line yet,but if/when it works that will be better still.

regards Worgeordie

I don't know why the other poster paid 5,000 baht plus immigration. Maybe difficult circumstances. I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

Nonsense.

Believe it or don't. I am just stating a fact. Call Rhys (the director) and ask him yourself.

I did, six months ago. He said their fee was 5500, not including government fees.

And two months ago it was the same price.

Looks like everybody else is paying for cmth with his THB3100 including immigration fees?

Mine is not a retirement visa, I thought that was clear. Either way, it is up to you to determine what your time is worth. Spend hours filling out paperwork, getting everything together and then spending 12 hours at immigration and hoping everything is in order and you don't have to come back. I would pay the 7,400 baht and do something better with my time. But that is just me.

re

Oops - missed that. Possibly missed because I wasn't expecting it, as Thai Assist Visa or (Assist Thai Visa) were quoting 5,000 plus immigration fee last year.

nahhh ... assist thai visa were charging 5500 for retirement extensions in july 13

and ive just renewed again at 5500 + 1900 government fee + 3700 ish ? for a multiple re entry permit

re

I have never paid over 3,100 baht and that includes immigration fees.

cmth is not talking about a complete retirement extension including a re entry permit which you have to get !

dave2

Dave I just noticed the fee for single reentry on your receipt was 1,300 baht.

I only paid 1,000 baht. As long as I can remember that has been the fee.

Edited by northernjohn

Looks like everybody else is paying for cmth with his THB3100 including immigration fees?

Mine is not a retirement visa, I thought that was clear. Either way, it is up to you to determine what your time is worth. Spend hours filling out paperwork, getting everything together and then spending 12 hours at immigration and hoping everything is in order and you don't have to come back. I would pay the 7,400 baht and do something better with my time. But that is just me.

Your post said

I see nothing clear what so ever in that. Other than you paid 3,100 including fees for an unmentioned service of some sort. I was quoted by Star Visa 3,000 baht including fees for a single entry permit. I declined the offer and went in and paid the 1,000 baht.

Not clear at all. Nowhere in this thread do you mention yours is not a retirement visa. I