Renewing Tax Disc in Big C

So i have been told that i can renew my bikes tax disc in certain Big C's, however, my tax is 6 months out of date because i use my car mostly and haven't used the bike for a while. My question is can i still renew at Big C even though my tax is out of date?

cheers

I was told they also service Kawasaki H2"s

Seriously though, the Dept of Transport will renew your road tax as long as you pay up to date including the untaxed period.

Edited by DILLIGAD

Seriously though, the Dept of Transport will renew your road tax as long as you pay up to date including the untaxed period.

yes i know this but i'm unable to go there due to my working hours so i was looking for somewhere else that i can renew, anyone?

yes i know this but i'm unable to go there due to my working hours so i was looking for somewhere else that i can renew, anyone?

I was told by my insurance broker last week that it is possible to renew your tax "disk" at Big C on Saturdays. Probably to accommodate people working weekdays. Just ask at Customer Service at your nearest Big C if they participate in this program. I'm sure the fact it's late won't be a problem...

So i have been told that i can renew my bikes tax disc in certain Big C's, however, my tax is 6 months out of date because i use my car mostly and haven't used the bike for a while. My question is can i still renew at Big C even though my tax is out of date?

cheers

You should be ok they will fine you something like 1 baht per month

The Big C on Sukhumvit does it on Saturdays. Hours are something like 0900 to 1500. They set up a couple of folding tables near the line of check out registers. I did mine there about six months ago. Very easy. You just need your "Green Book" and current insurance. There are also a couple of insurance shops jut across the street for Big C on the north side.

And inspection needed if it's 5 or more years old.

The Big C on Sukhumvit does it on Saturdays. Hours are something like 0900 to 1500. They set up a couple of folding tables near the line of check out registers. I did mine there about six months ago. Very easy. You just need your "Green Book" and current insurance. There are also a couple of insurance shops jut across the street for Big C on the north side.

exactly what i was looking for, cheers. Which Big C though as i don't think there are any actually on Sukhumvit, would it be Rama 4 Big C, Onnut, Ekamai etc?

I wouldn't even bother with the Vehicle registration place. Just look for those places on the side of the road "Tor Or Roh" - they do the Thai equivalent of an MOT and flog insurance. Just take it in there - it doesn't matter how old it is, they will do all the work for about 120 Baht and you just go back a day or two later and collect your tax disc and free towel and a couple of glasses.

They are supposed to be for cars over 7 years and bikes over a certain age but they do not care at all they will do the tax and compulsory insurance on a 1 year old bike. Saves queuing up at the terrible DMV offices.

exactly what i was looking for, cheers. Which Big C though as i don't think there are any actually on Sukhumvit, would it be Rama 4 Big C, Onnut, Ekamai etc?

The one in Pattaya.

• 9 months later...

Just to answer the OP's question, at Big C, On Nut, (3rd floor, just next to SCB bank) there is a stall for issuing vehicle tax open from 9.00 to 17.00 every Saturday.

Very handy. Managed to get my inspection, compulsory insurance and tax renewed in 3 hours on a Sauturday morning. I wouldn't have been able to do that in my home country!