Pattaya blocks Bunkanchanaram to curb Jomtien accidents

Rimmer

Pattaya blocks Bunkanchanaram to curb Jomtien accidents

n8City1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya has blocked traffic from crossing Soi Wat Bunkanchanaram in Jomtien Beach to prevent accidents that have plagued the intersection for years.

Traffic lights at the intersection with Jomtien Second Road have been out of order since drainage pipes were first installed more than a year ago. The result has been serious traffic problems as it linked Sukhumvit, Thepprasit and Chaiyapruek roads to Jomtien Beach Road.

The junction is small and crowded, and large vehicles always move through it at speed, posing continual accident risks.

Residents continually have asked for the lights to be repaired. Instead, Pattaya hired Chaiwat Kanthang Co. to place concrete traffic barriers to block traffic going to Jomtien Beach Road and Sukhumvit Road. Two lanes heading to downtown Pattaya and Sattahip remain open.

U-turns can be done at two spots about 200 meters and 500 meters from the old one. They are expected to reduce accident problems.

Repairs to the traffic lights are expected to begin once the traffic rerouting is complete.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-blocks-bunkanchanaram-to-curb-jomtien-accidents-49240#sthash.j9HWElLB.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-24 footer_n.gif

Very funny,

Well done City Hall, people can still drive as fast a possible down second road.

with no traffic lights to slow the high speed flow down from Chaiyapruek to Rompole market.

Maybe even better to remove the lights at Chaiyapruek 1 too 2 this could easy see the fast bikes and cars get up to 200km along there.

Nice one thumbsup.gif

Total dimwits

Edited by onemorechang

Actually i appreciate that a society try to integrate mental disable people. Although, not every position is suitable for it. In this case, these disabled persons should rather create origami's which they could sell on the beach to tourists. Its much less dangerous for others.

I seem to recall that there were many accidents while the traffic lights were operational...

Thai's do not understand traffic light or are colour blind.

I just went through the light on Chaiyaphreuk a few times today. All were well behaved. For once! LOL Everybody waited their turn. Even though the timing doesn't seem to be too good....probably no ground sensors?? Heck, they don't even have the lines for the lanes properly painted!

They never learn.

Build a racing track (2nd rd.) through residential areas.

Wide and mostly straight.

Lights defect or not existing.

No speed bumpers.

Nothing.

Unbelievable in civilised countries and Nutbush city ("25 is the speed limit") rolleyes.gif

What I love is the bend about 1km or so north of Soi Wat Boon. What a disaster. Impossible to have 2 cars next to each other make that bend.

Yes very dangerous,

I seen one accident there, a cement truck and a pick up wedged together.

the pick up driver thought she could make it , Wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe the fools could build a road with that type of mistake crazy.gif

Amazing Pattaya

Edited by onemorechang

They never learn.

No speed bumpers.

Nothing.

Unbelievable in civilised countries and Nutbush city ("25 is the speed limit") rolleyes.gif

You forgot the massive potholes near the market

They never learn.

No speed bumpers.

Nothing.

You forgot the massive potholes near the market

I think they've been fixed. The ones near the Suk entrance, a few hundred meters down, near the first bend and by the entrance to soi 5 have all been patched. I was amazed!

Why not just fix the traffic lights ? No let's instead gamble with other peoples life . .

Because they were not much use when they were working...

So a 4 way intersection controlled by traffic lights

is a bad idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what else do they use throughout Thailand ?

I do believe they have them on the sukumvit, but I could be wrong

crazy.gif

Roundabouts work well in the west but I cant see them working very well here due to the "me first" nature of Thai drivers. The one at the Dolphin was never very successful.

The only way to make a cross section or roundabout successful in Thailand is to place someone with a shotgun, and unlimited supply of cartridges, in the middle.

It's not going to work. Went through it last night and it was a mess. If nothing else, for the reason it jams 2 busy lanes into 1. The backup on 2nd road going into town was quite long, with many buses in the queue. It's going to be like the Dolphin roundabout. A total free for all.

Now they try a "round about" for how long is anyone's guess

attachicon.gifIMG_20150803_160008 (Medium).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20150803_160002 (Medium).jpg

Just when we thought it cant get worse.

ok im wrong, ( this is what else can they do in Thailand) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to go down and see it today.

Recon people will still use the two very dangerous u-turns on each side of the junction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Pattaya

It's not going to work. Went through it last night and it was a mess. If nothing else, for the reason it jams 2 busy lanes into 1. The backup on 2nd road going into town was quite long, with many buses in the queue. It's going to be like the Dolphin roundabout. A total free for all.

I do not agree with you, even if the traffic looks a bit messy, the main purpose with this roundaboit is to make cars lowering their speed , I have seen so many dangerous situations created by high speeding cars and bikes here. It will never be perfect but maybe some lifes will be saved. Edited by balo

Agree! But the "functioning" traffic lights did the same thing. Everybody stopped and waited. Dolphin roundabout is a total free for all. Just too much traffic.

We'll see. It will be interesting to see how this works out, eh??? Keep us posted!

Agree! But the "functioning" traffic lights did the same thing. Everybody stopped and waited. Dolphin roundabout is a total free for all. Just too much traffic.

We'll see. It will be interesting to see how this works out, eh??? Keep us posted!

Yes true, but since the traffic lights here are not working most of the time , I guess the next best thing is a roundabout. I am sure the locals here will create dangerous situations in this roundabout , but at least the speed will be low.

I passed the roundabout today with my bicycle and I felt safer than a few days ago .

Edited by balo

Approached the roundabout yesterday and stopped at the lines.

A motor bike ridden by a Thai abruptly stopped mid roundabout to let me pull out cheesy.gif almost causing the pick-up behind him to ram him.

My question is "Do roundabouts feature in the Thai highway code" ??