Surprise! New Thailand booze ban now in effect

Jonathan Fairfield

In some Australian states where prostitution is legal brothels are banned within about 300 metres of all schools and churches. Sounds about the same to me.

The logic is more to keep the deviates away from the schoolkids, not the kids out of the brothels.

There was a development application for a brothel put in for a house 3 away from mine in Oz. My 3yo Thai daughters were over (3 months each year) so I took them down to have a chat with the investigation committee, 2 of whom were middle-age women. Proposal cancelled.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before someone finally starts importing German NON-alcaholuc beer. There is a vast choice available.

Do a simple test. Post a thread claiming they banned Tea Shops within 300 meters of schools. Wait for all the responses.

Don't hold your breath.

It ain't about the taste. It's about the effect.

Edited by impulse

Maybe they should just shut the schools that are within 300 meters of an establishment selling alcohol.

But where could they put 'em? Here in BKK, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an establishment selling alcohol.

Maybe they should just shut the schools that are within 300 meters of an establishment selling alcohol.

But where could they put 'em? Here in BKK, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an establishment selling alcohol.

In my wife's village the nearest shop was a beauty parlour, with 2 well stocked fridges.

3 Chang long-necks and a bag of ice for B100, with enough change to make the kids doing the beer run really happy - those were the days, my friend.

The sky is falling open up a can cheesy.gif Lucky I do not go to bars any more or live in Bangers clap2.gif

Sounds like you've been in Thailand too long and have adopted their Me Me attitude. What about the thousands who rely on selling alcohol to make a living? Cretin.

They find a new job? I'm sure this upstanding and moral government doesn't care much about those who make money off the destruction of society and families.

If the law is actually enforced, people will just open up more bars outside the 300m. And even If this law actually led to a decrease in alcohol sales people would spend their money on something else. So jobs wouldn't be lost just relocated. Excluding tourist money lost if it effects tourists but again we know they only want quality tourists and they either don't drink or can drink in their hotels which are exempt.