Yingluck sends birthday best to Thaksin, 66

webfact

Yingluck sends birthday best to Thaksin, 66
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Ex-pm Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday posted a message and pictures on her Facebook page and Instagram to wish her brother ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra on his birthday.

"On the occasion of your 66th birthday today, I wish you robust health, high spirits and are loved by everyone forever. I would love to have a chance to embrace you on your birthday every year. Love you very much," she wrote.

Meanwhile, Democrat Sathit Wongnongtoey responded to reports that Phra Suthep Thaugsuban would soon leave the monkhood, saying it was appropriate timing.

Sathit said Suthep had said earlier he would stay in the monkhood for 204 days - the same number of days he led the anti-government protest. But, he stayed longer over a year.

"Suthep is planning to work on national reform and will not return to politics,'' he said.

Academic Ekachai Chainuwat said Suthep would be a man to be reckoned with because before becoming a monk, Suthep led a political campaign that culminated in a major political change. "Whatever move he makes, he will be closely watched," he said.

Suthep also faces several court cases and verdicts that could result in political ramifications, Ekachai said.

"If the courts treat his cases different from cases against the red shirts, criticism of discrimination and double standards are inevitable," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-sends-birthday-best-to-Thaksin-66-30265290.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-27

I am sure I saw photos in the other paper of her and her brother together.

I even mentioned to my friend that I didn't know she was given permission to travel.

Must have been old photos

Edit: i see now it was his daughter

Edited by petedk

I love the sexist comments by the anti TS crowd with their constant reference to her shopping habits, as if men don't buy baubles too, be it Ferrari or penthouse for mia nois. Guess okay if you delegate shopping "Here's the ATM card honey, have a blast".

""If the courts treat his cases different from cases against the red shirts, criticism of discrimination and double standards are inevitable," he said."

As if junta backers et al would care. There is no "if' in this case anyway. Harshest punishment would be "now don't lead a coup again, please"

He will be having a miserable birthday : surrounded by sycophant cronies drinking his champagne whilst wearing greedy smiles in a foreign country and no chance for any amnesty in the foreseeable future.

I wonder if he thinks all the corruption and deaths he has caused were worth it.

Why does this need to be in the newspaper?

She has enough money she should be able to just call him and wish him whatever.

Enough already with this ME, ME, ME

The Nation should be ashamed of themselves for running this NON-STORY.

Strange how media in all countries become fixated on criminals and their families and treat them as celebrities - the Krays in the UK, Capone and later the New York crime families in the US, the Shins in Thailand...................................

did the army arrive at her facebook page and take down the post?

whistling.gif

Amazing you can still admire and love the woman now we all know what happened during her reign of corruption. amazing that you hate the efforts being made to try to correct her failings.

Strange how media in all countries become fixated on criminals and their families and treat them as celebrities - the Krays in the UK, Capone and later the New York crime families in the US, the Shins in Thailand...................................

Spot on, bearboxer!!!! Spot on!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

did the army arrive at her facebook page and take down the post?

whistling.gif

Instead of insinuating something, why don't you have a look and report the status back to us? Don't you like to 'know' ?

Knowing you, a little bit of help is needed with such modern things like social media

https://www.facebook.com/Y.Shinawatra/photos/a.106877456023385.4057.105044319540032/1045251545519300/?type=1

Edited by rubl