Relatives demand justice for victims of 2010 crackdown

webfact

Should read murder not crckdown

Utter BS, the only reason the army were called in the first place was because many of the red shirts armed themselves with an array of weapons, add to that a number of affiliated persons had resorted to terrorist tactics to have their super tailored demands met.

I personally have little sympathy for those who were shot and killed, obviously the temple shootings are a different kettle of fish and I believe the families of those victims do deserve a better explanation.

And weren't many of the bereaved families also compensated handsomely already by ptp back in 2011?

Exactly what the yellow shirts did in the last protests isn't it? The difference being that the Reds could be trusted to actually hold elections in the time period given as they knew they would win them. No reason to trust the yellows would have done the same without cooking the book.

And did you not notice anybody in the last protests with guns? So if the military had come in and slaughtered the people protesting last time would you have been equally lacking in sympathy?

Utter BS, the only reason the army were called in the first place was because many of the red shirts armed themselves with an array of weapons, add to that a number of affiliated persons had resorted to terrorist tactics to have their super tailored demands met.

I personally have little sympathy for those who were shot and killed, obviously the temple shootings are a different kettle of fish and I believe the families of those victims do deserve a better explanation.

And weren't many of the bereaved families also compensated handsomely already by ptp back in 2011?

Exactly what the yellow shirts did in the last protests isn't it? The difference being that the Reds could be trusted to actually hold elections in the time period given as they knew they would win them. No reason to trust the yellows would have done the same without cooking the book.

And did you not notice anybody in the last protests with guns? So if the military had come in and slaughtered the people protesting last time would you have been equally lacking in sympathy?

No it's not the same. The difference is that red shirt militants attacked, killed and maimed a number of PDRC protestors. The yellow shirts didn't attack the reds in 2010. Nor did the PDRC have an armed militia like the MIB. Yes, they did have to arm some of their guards to protect themselves against the likes of Ko Tee, supported by the police under Chalerm's CAPO.

I have sympathy for relatives of innocent non-participants who were killed in 2010 - those in the temple for example. But it's unlikely that the army will ever be brought to justice as even the DSI's Tarit (on Thaksin's side) said they were given a general pardon as he tried unsuccessfully to pressure Abhisit & Suthep in agreeing to an amnesty for the real culprit as well as themselves.

Abhisit, Suthep etc will not be held accountable for their crimes any more than the commander of the snipers at the time will be. Apparently they fired 200,000 live rounds and never hit anyone, those who died 'ran into the bullets'/

Please, anyone who believes this BS must have real problems.

Methinks you talk a lot (about) of bs ! whistling.gif

No it's not the same. The difference is that red shirt militants attacked, killed and maimed a number of PDRC protestors. The yellow shirts didn't attack the reds in 2010. Nor did the PDRC have an armed militia like the MIB. Yes, they did have to arm some of their guards to protect themselves against the likes of Ko Tee, supported by the police under Chalerm's CAPO.

I'm fascinated that you actually seem to believe what you said. How long did it take to do that? I'm genuinely interested.

The second para was a bit better. Still escapist and delusional, but less so. That suggests you're still working on it.

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

Wow, you have no clue what you are talking about do you ?.

The only people murdering others during the last protests were red-shirts with M79's. And the police didn't arrest a single one despite the attacks being in broad daylight and even a full face shot on CCTV. Nobody in that organisation would do such a thing without being told to from the very top. Which means it was Pheu-Thai using state sponsored terrorism against it's own people.

And to answer your question, few of us would have been upset if the Army shot those UDD terrorists who murdered the young children. You remember don't you ? : the time when the red-shirts at their free party cheered when they heard the news.

Put away your hypocrisy and grow up. Unless you can't see the truth which is staring you in the face of course. In which case I advise checking yourself into a home for the mentally challenged because life is too difficult for you.

I wonder if these people would accept the explanation that their relatives were killed because someone put them between MIB and soldiers on purpose to try and incite an uprising by the resultant bloodbath.

These people are not interested in the truth. They have been programmed by red-shirt propaganda that Abhisit and Suthep are guilty and that is the only 'justice' they will ever accept.

I wonder if any red-shirt has wondered why Chalerm made it official policy that the MIB did not exist and nobody (including the DSI) were allowed to mention or investigate them.

I'm pretty sure that the army didn't want them investigated either...

In much the same way Thaksin never wanted Abhisit or Suthep to actually appear in court either.

Absolutely right.

The end result of all of those deaths was for Thaksin to get a bargaining chip for his own amnesty.

Trouble is, that won't go down well with those 'demanding the truth'.

Yes, it was clearly Thaksin's fault. He wasn't in the country, but still, he forced the soldiers to shoot civilians. And the popcorn shooter? His was just a measured and reasonable response to the continued influence of the Shins in Thailand. The floods? Thaksin. The drought? Thaksin? No alcohol when you are thirsty? Thaksin...

I wonder if these people would accept the explanation that their relatives were killed because someone put them between MIB and soldiers on purpose to try and incite an uprising by the resultant bloodbath.

These people are not interested in the truth. They have been programmed by red-shirt propaganda that Abhisit and Suthep are guilty and that is the only 'justice' they will ever accept.

I wonder if any red-shirt has wondered why Chalerm made it official policy that the MIB did not exist and nobody (including the DSI) were allowed to mention or investigate them.

I'm pretty sure that the army didn't want them investigated either...

Well, that makes it all right then, doesn't it?

Oh by the way, please help me remember, which group wanted a blanket amnesty?

Yes, it was clearly Thaksin's fault. He wasn't in the country, but still, he forced the soldiers to shoot civilians. And the popcorn shooter? His was just a measured and reasonable response to the continued influence of the Shins in Thailand. The floods? Thaksin. The drought? Thaksin? No alcohol when you are thirsty? Thaksin...

True, true, Thaksin wasn't in Thailand. He was and still is a criminal fugitive. Mind you, he stated to return and stand behind the red-shirts the moment the first shot was fired against them. Of course, all understand that to go shopping in Paris because he promised his daughters had to be done first.

The rest of your post has no relevance to the March to May 2010 'fun'.

Some should get justice for the brutal terrorist uprising of 2010.

The man that said "We will turn the sky red, red like blood" needs to be brought to justice. That man that said 1 000 000 people should bring a litre of fuel to Bangkok so we can burn it down needs to be held responsible. The man that said "If you have a gun, use your gun" should be held responsible. The man that said "Your allowed to kill these robbers. It is completely legal" needs to be held responsible. The man that said "Not only must the soldiers die the government and army commander must die as well" needs to be held responsible. The man that said "If you see soldiers coming, run them over with your vehicles" needs to be held responsible. The man that said "The minute the government take over, burn the whole country down" needs to be held responsible. The man that said "We will turn Bangkok into a sea of fire" needs to be held responsible. The man that said "Go ahead and burn it all, I will be held responsible" needs to be held responsible! None of that is the narrative of a peaceful protest.

The below actions is not the actions of a peaceful protest either.

Threatening to blow up LPG truck, performed grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacked Thai charity with grenades, stormed parliament, attacked NPP and TPI buildings with M16 and grenades, (this was around the time tear gas and rubber bullets were fired by the soldiers), stormed police hospital, stormed TV station (people started questioning Ahbisits control of the soldiers after the lack of resistance they offered the terrorists on this occasion), bomb attacks on electricity pylons, 2 police taken hostage, destroyed CCTV cameras and dumped tyres on sky train tracks and that is when the Abhisit ordered live fire.

Of course after all of these acts of terrorism and threats that were inciting the masses to perform further acts of terrorism continued then Abhisit would be in serious doubt of not only his control of the military, but his leadership ability.

Tha man that put a stop to the above deserves a medal not condemnation. Well done Abhisit.