The astonishing incompetence of True Move H

Anthony5

I have a one year contract with true for their internet package with aircard and TV for 850 Baht. I asked the bill to be send to my email account and in ENGLISH. What do I get?

Every month I get a bill to my email account of 199 Baht!!! In Thai.

When it comes to payment you find yourself thrown back to the Middle Ages. This company has no bank account to where you can send the money. (That’s what they told me). Payment can only be made in cash at their shop or via a direct debit authorization. Payment slips is in Thai, too.

Service performance is okay. But I might look out for better offers.

I pay all my True internet and cable TV bills through Bangkok Bank online banking. And although my True Move H SIM service is free as part of a package, I believe I've set up the ability to pay TMH through BKKB also if I ever incur extra charges.

If it makes you feel any better, I get a True Move H statement, in Thai, in the mail every month here in Bangkok showing 0 baht due, since I never exceed the service allotment I get as part of my package. But they send me a 0 baht bill statement every month anyway.

I wouldn't mind if they sent me a 0 Thb statement every month, I wouldn't even request to get it detailed, but unfortunately I have to pay the bill for 2 numbers every month, and I like to see details when I have to pay.

Think they start to feel the heat, since I mail them every day now and am not really kind in my comments about their competence, since in the past 2 days they started to send me the statements.

However I think I have to remind them that they are as always bragging and lying and should behave themselves.

TRUE is the first mobile service provider offering a new experience in viewing your usage details right in your email.

As far as I'm aware every provider has that option for years already, and actually have a working system, where TRUE has a malfunctioning system.

I haven't tried it but I believe they are talking about an itemised bill that you can access directly from the email page via an OTP.

I don't know about AIS but DTAC don't have that! Only a PDF of the standard un-itemised bill the same as True show your standard bill as a PDF.

I have a one year contract with true for their internet package with aircard and TV for 850 Baht. I asked the bill to be send to my email account and in ENGLISH. What do I get?

When it comes to payment you find yourself thrown back to the Middle Ages. This company has no bank account to where you can send the money. (That’s what they told me). Payment can only be made in cash at their shop or via a direct debit authorization. Payment slips is in Thai, too.

I pay all my True internet and cable TV bills through Bangkok Bank online banking. And although my True Move H SIM service is free as part of a package, I believe I've set up the ability to pay TMH through BKKB also if I ever incur extra charges.

If it makes you feel any better, I get a True Move H statement, in Thai, in the mail every month here in Bangkok showing 0 baht due, since I never exceed the service allotment I get as part of my package. But they send me a 0 baht bill statement every month anyway.

I wouldn't mind if they sent me a 0 Thb statement every month, I wouldn't even request to get it detailed, but unfortunately I have to pay the bill for 2 numbers every month, and I like to see details when I have to pay.

Think they start to feel the heat, since I mail them every day now and am not really kind in my comments about their competence, since in the past 2 days they started to send me the statements.

However I think I have to remind them that they are as always bragging and lying and should behave themselves.

TRUE is the first mobile service provider offering a new experience in viewing your usage details right in your email.

As far as I'm aware every provider has that option for years already, and actually have a working system, where TRUE has a malfunctioning system.

I haven't tried it but I believe they are talking about an itemised bill that you can access directly from the email page via an OTP.

I don't know about AIS but DTAC don't have that! Only a PDF of the standard un-itemised bill the same as True show your standard bill as a PDF.

And what is the advantage of an intemised bill over a pdf file?

And what is the advantage of an intemised bill over a pdf file?

The PDF isn't itemised, the itemised bill is so you can check numbers called and cost per call!

I recently switched from the hopeless wireless TOT to the wireless True Move H Internet. They would not accept me on a post-paid basis but only on a pre-paid basis. Initially that was not what I wanted but I changed my mind thinking that it would be easier to discontinue their service if it proved poor/slow. So, I have now made a few payments at a 7-11 store. The monthly charge is B 970 but True's computer only accepts B 1000 payments. Meaning they are taking B 30 per month more, not only from me but likely from EVERY customer, nation-wide, who pays at a 7-11. I suspect that this amounts to quite a nice sum of money. This company appears hell-bent on raking in as much money as possible and never mind the customer.

By the way, this Internet service is usable. It is not the fastest speed in the world, but it will work provided one has sufficient patience.

I want to see if there is anything better but I have not yet had the time to do that. Can any TV member advice? Thank you.

Why not pay at an ATM, also if you are truely prepaid then those 30bahts are still there accruing. Maybe check your balance!

Where do you live, because that fact will determine option's.

Mobile Internet signal strength/speed etc is very hit and miss, depending on the locations, the amount of users, how oversold the package is, whether you have obstructions in the way and even things like the weather can affect it....

If you're on a package that works everywhere you happen you go I would probably stick with it

It can be a matter of a wall or building or something in the way and move a few meters in any direction it gets better etc

Also leaving WiFi on when your out in public helps me a lot because true and ais have WiFi in every shopping mall and many other popular locations in bkk and if the phone detects WiFi it will switch to that and save your remaining data too

Moved from True SIM a few years ago - awful company and customer service is zero. Now with AIS and generally much better in every aspect.

True are dreadful on the Cable/Satellite side as well - the only reason they don't go bankrupt is that there is no credible, sustainable competition.

Moved from True SIM a few years ago - awful company and customer service is zero. Now with AIS and generally much better in every aspect.

True are dreadful on the Cable/Satellite side as well - the only reason they don't go bankrupt is that there is no credible, sustainable competition.

unfortunately they do have the best coverage ,even on the roof garden of my condo i can connect to true move wifi at full signal strength somwhow

im not sure why they would have a wifi mast here because i live down a small quiet soi and there is not a sniff of AIS or DTAG biut two separate truemove networks to choose from

the only reason i can think off is the 3g is oversaturated in this area so they have increased the wifi to take pressure off the 3g/4g towers

The staff at the TrueMove service centres need more training on the available packages and what the packages include.(e.g. Talk-time free minutes, SMS, mobile data, wi-fi). Staff competence is hit-and-miss.

Today I went to service centre in a shopping complex, and staff spend ages trying to figure out my pre-pay package features. I had to ask to speak to Manager. She was able to sort-it out.

If you use wi-fi, make sure you logout after using. Because it leaves you connected even if you close your browser (or put phone on standby). I learnt this the hard way sometime back. Didn't logout, the next day, pre-pay balance was all gone.

Their queuing system is also a bit naff. Some customers seem to wait for ages, others can see someone as soon as they get the ticket from the machine.

Edited by meltingpot2015

The staff at the TrueMove service centres need more training on the available packages and what the packages include.(e.g. Talk-time free minutes, SMS, mobile data, wi-fi). Staff competence is hit-and-miss.

Today I went to service centre in a shopping complex, and staff spend ages trying to figure out my pre-pay package features. I had to ask to speak to Manager. She was able to sort-it out.

If you use wi-fi, make sure you logout after using. Because it leaves you connected even if you close your browser (or put phone on standby). I learnt this the hard way sometime back. Didn't logout, the next day, pre-pay balance was all gone.

Their queuing system is also a bit naff. Some customers seem to wait for ages, others can see someone as soon as they get the ticket from the machine.

Get the unlimited 3g and WiFi package, it saves me money over paying by the minute or megabyte

I think consumers may be required to become a bit more savvy as customer service moves more towards self-service? This is just part of our changing world.

TrueMove H have quite a few self-service options including web-based, Android/iPhone, USSD/IVR.

I use the Android iService app., (very simple to enroll BTW, enter phone number, get a OTP, choose a PIN, enter your NBTC-registration document number (passport, in my case).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truelife.mobile.android.trueiservice&hl=en

https://www3.truecorp.co.th/cm/support_content/2256?ln=en

Get the unlimited 3g and WiFi package, it saves me money over paying by the minute or megabyte

I think consumers may be required to become a bit more savvy as customer service moves more towards self-service? This is just part of our changing world.

TrueMove H have quite a few self-service options including web-based, Android/iPhone, USSD/IVR.

I use the Android iService app., (very simple to enroll BTW, enter phone number, get a OTP, choose a PIN, enter your NBTC-registration document number (passport, in my case).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truelife.mobile.android.trueiservice&hl=en

https://www3.truecorp.co.th/cm/support_content/2256?ln=en

What has self-service got to do with it. The iService app or the web iservice couldn't say if I have wi-fi included with my package so I went to the truemove service centre and asked the staff last week. They checked their system and said "Yes, unlimited wi-fi".

This week, while using wi-fi, I receive an SMS message, "you only have 10 minutes left of your free daily wi-fi allowance". I go to the truemove service centre and ask them "whats going on". Plenty of head-scratching by the staff, staring at their computer screens. Then they tell me "you have an allowance of 10 hours wi-fi a month".

I say, I haven't used 10 hours, maximum 2 hours during the past three weeks. More head scratching. I ask to speak to Manager. She looks in to it, re-enables the unlimited wi-fi on my package.

Could not have sorted this out without going in to a service centre (without the senior staff's assistance). We need self-service as much as we need the service centers.

I totally agree! i payed a packet inkluding simcard WIFI television for 6 month, every month I get a bill! When I went to the lokal office I have to pay to call to callcenter.

This happend to my friend to, They cut her connection!.when my 6 month gone, I never use them again! Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check each month on their phone App and pay the bill there. Done. Paper through the letterbox arrives but is not necessary for me.

Same here... Op: get the True iService App... you will be able to check your usage and any outstanding bills directly from your smart phone.

The iService app or the web iservice couldn't say if I have wi-fi included with my package

It should tell you which package you have, it does for me, but then you may have to take a second step and actually look up the package to see the details.

Probably easier, simpler, faster than going to a shop. But I do understand how important in-person customer service can be.

Many (not all) TrueMove H mobile data plans have WiFi included, and a lot offer unlimited usage.

I did see a post-paid iNet 3G plan for 199 (500 MB) which also has 10 hours of WiFi.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/inet/entry/583

I totally agree! i payed a packet inkluding simcard WIFI television for 6 month, every month I get a bill! When I went to the lokal office I have to pay to call to callcenter.

This happend to my friend to, They cut her connection!.when my 6 month gone, I never use them again! Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check each month on their phone App and pay the bill there. Done. Paper through the letterbox arrives but is not necessary for me.

Same here... Op: get the True iService App... you will be able to check your usage and any outstanding bills directly from your smart phone.

I have even set a monthly reminder on my calendar.

The iService app or the web iservice couldn't say if I have wi-fi included with my package

It should tell you which package you have, it does for me, but then you may have to take a second step and actually look up the package to see the details.

Probably easier, simpler, faster than going to a shop. But I do understand how important in-person customer service can be.

Many (not all) TrueMove H mobile data plans have WiFi included, and a lot offer unlimited usage.

I did see a post-paid iNet 3G plan for 199 (500 MB) which also has 10 hours of WiFi.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/inet/entry/583

Usually use Mobile data, but I have an issue with the rubbish samsung smartphone bought from MBK shopping centre (not a Manufacturer shop but another shop - have written about this in other threads/posts), so cannot use Mobile data now, and have to rely on wi-fi.

I am pretty sure, wi-fi was included as part of my ismart pre-pay package a while back. This page below says unlimited wi-fi, if I am not mistaken:

http://www.prothaidd.com/truemove-h-199-baht-net-talk-100/

Another document I dowloaded from the truemove site said 10 Hours wi-fi.

I cannot use the Inet packages because they are post-paid. Is there a minimum contract period for post-paid?, and what are the eligibility requirements.

Probably not a bad idea to check your package details through iService app (mobile or web) then take a screenprint or keep the paperwork about your tariff, I just came across this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614244-true-move-now-charging-when-you-hit-your-limit/

By the way, how stable is the iService app on your smartphone. When I did use it on the Smartphone, it crashed a couple of occasions, but stable otherwise. Maybe just my rubbish phone. One occasion, it said I was using an obsolete version and said I need to uninstall and re-install the app. A lot of faffing about if you ask me.

Edited by meltingpot2015