'Darkie' Monk arrested for lying his amulets are magical

Lite Beer

There is one foolproof way to test his claims. Give him the option of standing in front of a firing squad wearing one of his amulets. If he is unhurt, he goes free. If not, Som Nam Na. The only problem would be finding enough police / soldiers who can shoot straight.

With none other than Duangchalerm Yoobamrung being head trainer at the police sniper school how could they not be expert shooters........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much difference to farang 'good luck charms' pilots and soldiers carry with them, if one is stupid enough to pay a lot of money for a magical charm it's down to you, the monk made some money with the stupidity of others, it's not morally correct considering his position but hardly criminal, he robbed nobody, they robbed themselves, ask the banksters and fund managers how it works.

wrong.

He made a promise that the magic will work.

If you lie about a product, you are committing fraud. If he had provisos or qualifications with each sale, such as "might not work for all people" or "fund growth depends on market forces", then he is in the clear...but somehow I don't think he did that.

If you make unbelievable claims and someone believes you, that's fraud?

Not much difference to farang 'good luck charms' pilots and soldiers carry with them, if one is stupid enough to pay a lot of money for a magical charm it's down to you, the monk made some money with the stupidity of others, it's not morally correct considering his position but hardly criminal, he robbed nobody, they robbed themselves, ask the banksters and fund managers how it works.

wrong.

If you lie about a product, you are committing fraud. If he had provisos or qualifications with each sale, such as "might not work for all people" or "fund growth depends on market forces", then he is in the clear...but somehow I don't think he did that.

Lol...I take your point. It's just that where I come from, bankers and fund managers usually make believable claims.

Nigerian bankers with unclaimed estates, however.....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif How are the Police going to prove that the amulets are not magical?? is there a kind of standard ISO test they can do?

Oh man, that's too easy. You throw him in a prison, and when his amulets get him out, he's free to go.

Edit to add - he should be allowed to pray as well.

Edited by halloween

wrong.

Never mind any of that, where do I file a complaint about the three magic beans I traded the car for?

" ... locals who worship his amulets discovered they are in fact not magical ... "

Well, I suppose the fact they actually discovered something is a step in the right direction.

Next is the discovery of the modern world, perhaps.

…locals did not dare to file a complaint. Several people reported being swindled into buying his amulets.

Are these people still living in caves and have nightly celebrations because they discovered how to start a fire?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif How are the Police going to prove that the amulets are not magical?? is there a kind of standard ISO test they can do?

Oh man, that's too easy. You throw him in a prison, and when his amulets get him out, he's free to go.

Edit to add - he should be allowed to pray as well.

"..........he should be allowed to pray prey as well."

Many of them already do, as this case proves..

Monks never -

tell lies

cheat

crave for material possessions

have sex

obsess with smartphones

eat KFC

overeat - never seen a fat monk

They seek enlightenment & serve the community!

I trust you are being sarcastic.

Your perception is razor sharp.

Fortunately fang37 didn't add the usual caveat about his post being sarcastic.

In Prayut's cabinet reshuffle, he should consider Namkhot as Minister of Finance or Deputy PM for the Economy!

Namkhot creates wealth from worthless objects.

That should especially reasonate with the Thai military flag officers.

"Phra Darkie reportedly claimed his magic powers can transform stones into Lek Lai, an expensive and much-sought amulet. Lek Lai are believed to protect owners from knives, bullets and even bombs.

Somehow, the locals determined Darkies the amulets couldnt magic away any of those."

So they are upset because his amulets did not live up to the BS claims he sold them under and turn into another amulet that has alleged properties that are of equal if not more BS.

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any stranger it does.

It's disgusting a monk could abuse his position like this and profit nicely thanks very much and it's sad he, and others, have a ready made audience more than willing to believe the BS. Says so much doesn't it ?

Please remember that there are a lot of 'Monks' who are not in fact 'Monks'. It is a very lucrative business for some. A few guys in our area have turned up at one of the local wats as 'brothers'. They are given a room and get on with their 'monk' lives. They collect bag loads of food every morning AND a significant amount of baht that is given as merit making. I have seen a couple where they will be met by their 'wives' on a motor bike before they get back to the temple. They off load a lot of food and cash. There wives disappear with a healthy daily income and food and the Monk goes back, eats and sleeps. Generally they are lazy unlike the real monks and end up getting kicked out within a couple of months, then they go on to the next temple...and the next. Many are cons or ex criminals and looking for a place to hide and make easy cash. The fact that some will con the locals with amulets is no surprise. Compared to the private jet, money laundering Monk these guys are amateurs :)

I sure none of you poking fun believe in God. Right? That officially prohibits you from not believing in other peoples magical fantasies FYI.

I'm an atheist. I know there is no big beard in the sky, no afterlife, no karma, no rebirth, no heaven, nirvana, hell or river of souls.

Others choose to believe and that's fine by me. We all choose our path.

However this charlatan and the idiots who bought the junk he was selling were not following the tenants of their faith but rather crass superstition.

So yes I mock them all and their BS.

Edited by Bluespunk

A magic amulet is not an iphone app or an appliance. They don't run on electricity, they run on your belief in their power.

Same as anything else, if I don't believe a computer will help me with anything I won't switch it on and I can legitimately complain that the computer did nothing for me.

Or I can turn it on and do little else, not taking any initiative and say that computers are bogus, they are little more than electric typewriters with blank television screens attached, I had to pay 20,000 baht for that, I was robbed by Powerbuy, arrest them!

Sheesh, can't we even find people who are competent at being superstitious?

Edited by Shaunduhpostman

Well if Thai people educated them selves more instead of relying on mumbo jumbo magical religious bullshit, then they would know it was all a croc of crap, There is dull, duller very dull, and then Thailand. I think they should down tear the IQ of the people,