Direct Consular Filing?

I've been living in Thailand for five years--always working, and almost always legally (times when the w/p was being processed, but I was still working).

I'm returning to the US in November and wish to process a fiancee visa for my fiancee. Unfortunately I don't have a job in the US but my father is willing to be a 'joint sponsor.'

I've just learned about Direct Consular Filing and I'm wondering if we should sign the marriage papers here post haste and do the DCF. Or would it look dodgy to the powers-that-be that we've only been married a month?

I've been living in Thailand for five years--always working, and almost always legally (times when the w/p was being processed, but I was still working).

I'm returning to the US in November and wish to process a fiancee visa for my fiancee. Unfortunately I don't have a job in the US but my father is willing to be a 'joint sponsor.'

I've just learned about Direct Consular Filing and I'm wondering if we should sign the marriage papers here post haste and do the DCF. Or would it look dodgy to the powers-that-be that we've only been married a month?

No doubt the quickest way to get the visa is a DCF. Thailand is strictly speaking not a DCF country, as there is a BCIS office here that processes the I-I30 petition. I thought I saw a thread where someone got the visa in little more then a month.

The 2 issues seem to be proving your residency in Thailand, and conversely proving you maintain a domicile in the US. Go talk to the BCIS office or give them a call.

I don’t think a one month old marriage would be an issue. Your wife will then receive a conditional green cared on entry which will have to updated after 2 years.

Good luck. :o

TH