Washington: On Capitol Hill, GOP fighting itself instead of Democrats

webfact

The leadership of both parties holds the reins of their members of Congress, but the GOP is notorious for keeping a very short leash.

If anyone remembers 2010, Christine O'Donnell (the one who wasn't a witch) was doing her positive reinforcement thing about what she will do when she becomes senator. The laugh was that if she did get elected her job would be to do what her bosses told her, and those guys don't go for creative freedom. From things I've read being freshman senator is not very much fun, even for Hillary. I think Cruz is an all-out charlatan, but I'm impressed that he had the stones to go rogue as soon as he arrived in the Senate. This recent spat between him and Mitch McC is just another in a long series. And Mitch has his own, low-key devices, to keep people like him in check. He gave Cruz a thorough, yet wordless, slapping down the other day for that statement about lying.

And now we have a feces-hurling chimp polling as the leading GOP candidate. Reality TV just got real. Even the K sisters and the rest of their brood and boyfriends are being outdone. And the joke is on the GOP leadership, the candidates, and their benefactors.

Anyone familiar with the HBO series "Silicon Valley"? One of the subplots has to do with billionaires and how they relate to each other, and they do things like invest millions in something just to screw up what another billionaire is doing. I think this is what the chimp is doing, and the Kochs seem to be his current target.

It's possible the TV ratings for the upcoming debate on FN will be off the charts. The winner of the debates will be Fox. Score one for the fat man! Next week at this time "Megyn Kelly" may be a household name. I did enjoy the way she slapped down Rove on election night 2012, but I suspect she did that walk so people watching could check out her ass. wink.png

Edited by bendejo