Best time to buy a new car

stament

When is the best time of the year to buy a new car? In England it's generally when the new plates come out .

Are there promotions on in Thailand when there is a car show for example with all the manufacturers chasing new sales?

Just curious as been reading a few threads on here, one in particular which said Ford had a promotion on a Fiesta.

Looking to buy a small city car, thinking fiesta, jazz new or about a year old. Is there a website that shows all the car offers from different manufacturers currently available?

Thanks

The best time for most people are at the two big motorshows in March/April and Nov/Dec each year - during these you won't need any special negotiating skills to get a decent deal.

However, that said, right now the new car market keeps on hitting new lows in sales volumes, so if you're a shrewd buyer you'll be able to negotiate a good deal.

Don't think there is any consistent time of year for discounts. The mid price brands don't discount much normally apart from end of model run outs, E.G. Toyota and Ford pickups at the moment. Even then the stock of models and colours is limited. The new models generally have no discount and limited free add ons until they age a bit.

SiamNewCar is OK but some it is not updated and some new models do not appear.

After the new car tax rebate scheme, used values of cars has dropped a lot. Taladrod and One2car list used cars but most of the asking prices are optimistic and need negotiation.

Ford currently offering 100,000 off with 1 year first class insurance and 10% down payment, on 4 door Fiesta with 4 cyl engine with auto transmission. 4-door Eco-boost 3 cyl turbo model is 90,000 off, with insurance and 10% down.

Read somewhere that a new tax was going on new cars from the beginning of next year...worth checking that out, might mean before the end of this year could be most profitable time to buy.

If the OP is going to by a small eco car, it could be, that next year it will be cheaper than now. The new tax is based on emissions.

Usually the best time to buy a new car is when the dealer wants to sell one.

End of month to meet "quota"

End of financial year to meet "quota"

After the new model is released to clear old stock.

The ford discounts are due to the lowered sales due to the economy, the economy is only going to get worse a lot worse. Hang on a bit and there will be more offers coming on many brands.

Oh and of course with ford they have managed to get themselves a worse reputation for after service than they used to have for electrics in the 80's.

Whatever you do. Dont buy a Ford, especially a used one.

If you've been reading the threads on cars here you'll know why.

I actually read a thread recommending a ford fiesta! Are you saying I shouldn't get one, if so why?

Whatever you do. Dont buy a Ford, especially a used one.

If you've been reading the threads on cars here you'll know why.

I actually read a thread recommending a ford fiesta! Are you saying I shouldn't get one, if so why?

My friend bought a Ford Fiesta 3 years ago, the same time I bought my Hilux. He chose the top of the range model the Si with the leather and voice control etc. Out of the 3 years he's owned it, it must of spent 2 months or more in the Ford dealership getting repaired.

• Several CV joints replaced.
  • Several full drive shafts replaced.
  • Gearbox problems, wont change gear correctly, banging in to gear and slipping. (still on-going)
  • Front valance came off when driving in to the dealership, and they refused to fix it.
  • Bad customer service, they take days to fix a CV joint. That can be done in a few hours.
  • His wife bumped the right side front corner and it took them nearly 3 weeks to fix it. When he got the car back there was screws and bolts missing from headlights and panels. Bumper not secured properly.

This is the Pattaya Ford dealership. If you drive in to the Pattaya dealership with a Fiesta Si the front valance rips off as the entrance to the dealership is too steep. You would think if they have this type of car in and out often they would do something about it.

Like I said I bought my Hilux at the same time and I've replaced 4 x tyres and a set of front brake discs, just general wear and tear for me.

Here's a guy worried about buying a Ford Ranger as he's concerned about the poor after service at Ford.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/844591-new-ford-ranger-2015/?utm_source=newsletter-20150731-0710&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Ford currently offering 100,000 off with 1 year first class insurance and 10% down payment, on 4 door Fiesta with 4 cyl engine with auto transmission. 4-door Eco-boost 3 cyl turbo model is 90,000 off, with insurance and 10% down.

I wonder why? I wouldn't have a Ford given for free in this country. They're not built here the same as they are in the US. And the after care service is terrible.

We have had 6 fords as company cars in the past and still have 2 Rangers. No major problems with any of them and the Ford dealer has been OK. No better or worse than the Toyota, Mitsubishi and Isuzu dealers we use.

Some Ford dealers may be bad but some are not, just like dealers of most other brands. Judge the car and the dealer for yourself.