new ford ranger 2015

curtt

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered putting in a personal appearance at Ford Thailand's head office in Bangkok and waiting in reception until someone will see you?

I have a career and why should I need to do this? I would rather pay some lawyers and go through a long, very public legal battle so the world can see what Ford Tough really means.

Just a suggestion. I have a career as well, but I would also squeeze out a few hours away from the office to try and get this sorted had I reached your level of frustration. If you would rather pay lawyers and drag it out for months in a vendetta to "show the world" that is certainly your prerogative but I doubt the world will notice or care.

As an aside, we have turned out to be a two Ford family. Yes, I admit it - one Focus and one Fiesta. Found them to be much better value for money than comparable and boring Toyotas. Never had anything serious go wrong but service at our dealer (Phaholyothin) has been totally responsive and competent.

It seems you are a Ford apologist and/or don’t even live in Thailand. In an ideal world Ford would simply reply to my emails/phone calls but that is just a fairytale much like the idea of being able to drive from anywhere near Sinakarin road to Ford’s HO on Sarthon road in just a few hours during Ford’s business hours. That doesn’t even take into account getting out of the car and actually dealing with ford. Not to mention why should I have to do this? Is that acceptable customer service to you? Your standards are that low?

This isn’t about a “vendetta”, I am not naive: I realize I have nothing to gain from this. No matter how I handle this Ford will just take their time and do as they please and offer me nothing to resolve the issue. This is more of a public service announcement and judging by the number of personal messages I am getting, some people do appreciate it. Oh and by the way, you care. If you didn’t you wouldn’t keep posting replies.

I have to thank you as well, you have inspired me. I will take a day off work (a day I could spend with family on holiday) and I will go to Ford’s HO. I will also record the entire thing and post it on YouTube. What better way to show Ford’s service than by going to their head office and being completely ignored or thrown out.

I hope you have better luck with your cars, I hope you have the kind of luck I had with my previous Ford. A Ford Explorer I bought in 2002 and it ran like a champ until 2010 when I sold it and moved to Thailand. Of course that was in America so perhaps that had something to do with the different experience. Actually when I posted on Ford Thailand’s Facebook page Ford USA sent me a message and tried to help me but ultimately told me there was nothing they could do on their end.

You are welcome and I am happy that my idea inspired you. Hope your visit works out well and helps resolve your problem.

Slightly off-topic but do I understand it correctly that Mazda's 2.2 engine doesn't get the performance bump to 160 PS / 385 NM like its Ford sibling?

According to everything I've seen (PR's, marketing materials etc), no - it's the old version with 150HP and 375Nm.

Slightly off-topic but do I understand it correctly that Mazda's 2.2 engine doesn't get the performance bump to 160 PS / 385 NM like its Ford sibling?

According to everything I've seen (PR's, marketing materials etc), no - it's the old version with 150HP and 375Nm.

Low grade Rangers that will remain being built at AAT will also have the old version drivetrain as well.

We bought a used 3.2 BT50 4x4 beginning of the year - with 57,000K. Its just passed the 100,000km mark this week so warranty has just expired. It ought to shit itself any minute now!

Joking aside, there seems to be some definite issues with these vehicles, both Ford & Mazda share very similar chassis and drive train. I'm happy with Mazda service center just off the Chaofa West road here in Phuket. Not as impressed with the Phuket town one though.

One issue was a coolant hose from the transmission cooler to radiator chafed and leaked, was replaced under warranty. BTW this hose I've leaned is a very common failure point. It rubs under the fuel filter assembly and is responsible for several destroyed engines. If you have a 3.2 Ford or Mazda have this checked. I was lucky enough to notice and sorted it. Many people haven't be so lucky. It is a recall / service bulletin issue in some parts of the world namely Australia however I just don't know if thats the case here in Thailand.

All in all a great truck. The Ford looks better on the outside though but I spend more time inside so it doesn't bother me too much - I prefer the Mazda interior a little as well anyway. At the time of purchase, we chose the Mazda since it was a case of right place right time at the right price.

If buying new? I'd probably go for the Ford based on aesthetics alone. Mechanically there is little between it and the Mazda. The level of after sales and dealer service would be my biggest concern. The report in this thread and many others indicate Ford have some ongoing issues in that regard. I've not heard many good reports at all.

We bought a used 3.2 BT50 4x4 beginning of the year - with 57,000K. Its just passed the 100,000km mark this week so warranty has just expired. It ought to shit itself any minute now!

Joking aside, there seems to be some definite issues with these vehicles, both Ford & Mazda share very similar chassis and drive train. I'm happy with Mazda service center just off the Chaofa West road here in Phuket. Not as impressed with the Phuket town one though.

One issue was a coolant hose from the transmission cooler to radiator chafed and leaked, was replaced under warranty. BTW this hose I've leaned is a very common failure point. It rubs under the fuel filter assembly and is responsible for several destroyed engines. If you have a 3.2 Ford or Mazda have this checked. I was lucky enough to notice and sorted it. Many people haven't be so lucky. It is a recall / service bulletin issue in some parts of the world namely Australia however I just don't know if thats the case here in Thailand.

All in all a great truck. The Ford looks better on the outside though but I spend more time inside so it doesn't bother me too much - I prefer the Mazda interior a little as well anyway. At the time of purchase, we chose the Mazda since it was a case of right place right time at the right price.

If buying new? I'd probably go for the Ford based on aesthetics alone. Mechanically there is little between it and the Mazda. The level of after sales and dealer service would be my biggest concern. The report in this thread and many others indicate Ford have some ongoing issues in that regard. I've not heard many good reports at all.

If you can take a photo that points out that hose, I'd be able to take a photo of the revised 3.2L in the Everest to compare...

I'll see what I can do photo wise a bit later on but the hose is difficult to see it is about half inch diameter and about 2 feet long snakes from up near radiator front side or water pump from memory. Then down under fuel filter (I think revised clamp and shielding is about here) past breather pipes and on down past the EGR controller then towards the firewall and onto the gearbox oil cooler. There are two of these hoses that should be changed. Supply and return from gear oil cooler.

Pics later. :)

... It is a recall / service bulletin issue in some parts of the world namely Australia however I just don't know if thats the case here in Thailand.

It is also a Ford Thailand recall item. I received the letter in English over a year ago (for the last truck, bought in Udon) and had it checked at Ford Pattaya; no problems and no charge. The recall notice had well over a years validity if I recall correctly.

... The level of after sales and dealer service would be my biggest concern. The report in this thread and many others indicate Ford have some ongoing issues in that regard. I've not heard many good reports at all.

From 3 dedicated Ranger threads, there's been 3 significant service issues noted.

One is the Pattaya chap who's 2.2 engine was pulled apart by Ford Pattaya after they suspected water ingestion after running through high water. Pissing contest between owner, insurers and Ford. Fords claim totally unproven and the whole thing a total shambles.

There's the chap up north who posted a 'help me!' thread after his 3.2 died a death in the boonies about 6-8 months ago? Once again, piss poor service initially but Ford came good and that one had a better resolution and (I think) that owner/driver is still happy.

The latest is the Srinakarin debacle mentioned earlier in this thread. Agreed that it is shocking service and communications. Start your own thread.

Meanwhile, there's about +5,000 other new Ranger drivers that like myself, have not had any problems. Who posts a thread about great service with any brand or marque anyway? Unless it's to cast aspersions on a brand or marque one doesn't like, most satisfied customers don't bang on about it.

... The level of after sales and dealer service would be my biggest concern. The report in this thread and many others indicate Ford have some ongoing issues in that regard. I've not heard many good reports at all.

From 3 dedicated Ranger threads, there's been 3 significant service issues noted.

One is the Pattaya chap who's 2.2 engine was pulled apart by Ford Pattaya after they suspected water ingestion after running through high water. Pissing contest between owner, insurers and Ford. Fords claim totally unproven and the whole thing a total shambles.

There's the chap up north who posted a 'help me!' thread after his 3.2 died a death in the boonies about 6-8 months ago? Once again, piss poor service initially but Ford came good and that one had a better resolution and (I think) that owner/driver is still happy.

The latest is the Srinakarin debacle mentioned earlier in this thread. Agreed that it is shocking service and communications. Start your own thread.

Meanwhile, there's about +5,000 other new Ranger drivers that like myself, have not had any problems. Who posts a thread about great service with any brand or marque anyway? Unless it's to cast aspersions on a brand or marque one doesn't like, most satisfied customers don't bang on about it.

Actually there's an average of about 1,700 new Ranger owners every month, for 4 years now. Maybe up to 1% of them English speakers who might visit these forums though wink.png

And yes, human nature is that we only get noisy about cars when they have problems, or when we're defending our buying decisions :)

Edited by IMHO

I agree with you 100%.

I'm not part of the pissing on Ford brigade. On the contrary I'm very very happy with mine even if it is the uglier sister (Mazda).

My points above are aimed at saving someone else a big headache regards those hoses. Just check them yourself or have your dealer check. Quite often here, if you don't ask you don't get.

There's hundreds, possibly thousands on the road for every one that has an issue.

Quite often here, if you don't ask you don't get.

I learnt about the power of the consumer when I was studying in the USA. I now try to teach it to my family every day.

More often than not, If you don't ask, you don't get. simple as that. thumbsup.gif