Best Small Car

stament

Nissan March is too small I couldn't Eden fit my suitcase in the boot. Ideally I'd like to buy a one year old Jazz, does anyone know how much they depreciate by approx. I know some cars hold their value very well in Thailand and my feeling is that if it's only going to be something like 10% cheaper I'd rather buy new.

In England we have Parkersburg guidebook on secondhand car prices but I understand there's nothing similar here as a guide to second hand car prices.

I was researching value of our 2013 Jazz, thinking in trade it for the Subaru XT. We need 4x4.

Our Jazz value is around 500.000. We bought for 620.000 new in 2014. but we were looking for a second hand Jazz at the time, one owner, low milage, and top of the line with the 7 speeds auto trans. Found only one, 2009, but the owner was asking 450.000 at that time.

I think that a Jazz 2008/2009 value may be around 300/350,000 now.

Nissan March is too small I couldn't Eden fit my suitcase in the boot. Ideally I'd like to buy a one year old Jazz, does anyone know how much they depreciate by approx. I know some cars hold their value very well in Thailand and my feeling is that if it's only going to be something like 10% cheaper I'd rather buy new.

In England we have Parkersburg guidebook on secondhand car prices but I understand there's nothing similar here as a guide to second hand car prices.

I was researching value of our 2013 Jazz, thinking in trade it for the Subaru XT. We need 4x4.

Our Jazz value is around 500.000. We bought for 620.000 new in 2014. but we were looking for a second hand Jazz at the time, one owner, low milage, and top of the line with the 7 speeds auto trans. Found only one, 2009, but the owner was asking 450.000 at that time.

I think that a Jazz 2008/2009 value may be around 300/350,000 now.

I sold my 2009 Jazz in March for B350,000. Low mileage, 58,000 km, almost 6 years old.

i'm in the same boat as you.. and i have been doing a lot of research.

i usually love hatchbacks.. for for some weird reason.. i don't like the mazda 2 or 3? i think they look really nice.. but there must be something about the design that pushes me away. haven't figured that one out yet.

i'm still fixated on the fiesta sedan.. 1.0 ecoboost.. i will be driving down to the ford showroom 2 sois down to take a look and feel..

i'll know after that if it's the car for me or not... as for service.. i guess it depends on where the nearest ford dealership is to your home and how good their servicing area is maintained.. and also the manager that makes the sale.. see if they seem to really care about after sales service or not..

good luck!

Did you test drive it?

I have had my new Honda Jazz about two months and highly recommend it. Prior to this I had the previous model Jazz for 5 years. I got the top model for B745,000 but you can get the lower priced models starting at B555,000 for a manual transmission. Give them a look before you decide.

Nice ride. I noticed that Honda and Toyota don't tend to have promotions much and only seem to give away extras not discount the price.

i usually love hatchbacks.. for for some weird reason.. i don't like the mazda 2 or 3? i think they look really nice.. but there must be something about the design that pushes me away. haven't figured that one out yet.

i'm still fixated on the fiesta sedan.. 1.0 ecoboost.. i will be driving down to the ford showroom 2 sois down to take a look and feel..

i'll know after that if it's the car for me or not... as for service.. i guess it depends on where the nearest ford dealership is to your home and how good their servicing area is maintained.. and also the manager that makes the sale.. see if they seem to really care about after sales service or not..

good luck!

Did you test drive it?

no not yet..

i went to the ford showroom.. the one near paradise park/seacon square...

saw the 4dr feista ecoboost in person.. and wow i'm impressed!!! at 659k.. its superb value for the size of vehicle and finishing. the only thing that bugged me... was the show car had a flat battery and i could not test the electrics or open the boot etc.

they did not have a car for test that time.. but i will certainly arrange for a test drive...

my gut is telling me to wait for december motorshow!!! and also with next years new tax structure... tax on this car would be lower.. not sure if overall price will be 659k or below?

car sales overall has been bad bad bad.. notice the increasing number of car shows and booths?

my heart says now! but my head says later!!.. anyway i'm still driving the honda freed.. so.. not in a terrible rush..

good luck!

Did you test drive it?

no not yet..

saw the 4dr feista ecoboost in person.. and wow i'm impressed!!! at 659k.. its superb value for the size of vehicle and finishing. the only thing that bugged me... was the show car had a flat battery and i could not test the electrics or open the boot etc.

they did not have a car for test that time.. but i will certainly arrange for a test drive...

my gut is telling me to wait for december motorshow!!! and also with next years new tax structure... tax on this car would be lower.. not sure if overall price will be 659k or below?

car sales overall has been bad bad bad.. notice the increasing number of car shows and booths?

my heart says now! but my head says later!!.. anyway i'm still driving the honda freed.. so.. not in a terrible rush..

Not sure if ford will extend that deal beyond the end of August. It's quite a fast little car from what I can make out from youtube videos. No discount on the hatchback, or is it only the sedan? Check the rear legroom. Last time I sat in a hatchback fiesta with the seat right back, I could not get my legs/feet in at all. I'm 6'3" though. May be ok for short Thais and kids though.

For Best Fuel Consumption, good looks and good, quite powerful engine: Mazda 2 Diesel

For good, powerful engine, fun to drive: Fiesta Ecoboost

For Best Resale and space: Honda Jazz

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Any thoughts on the Yaris G? I still prefer the Jazz but just wanted others views? Jazz is more expensive so that's also a consideration.

It's in a different class and close to 30HP down on power compared to the jazz. That won't really matter driving around town. The jazz has more useable space too. So it all depends on your requirements and depth of pocket/what you are willing to spend.

good luck!

Did you test drive it?

no not yet..

Not sure if ford will extend that deal beyond the end of August. It's quite a fast little car from what I can make out from youtube videos. No discount on the hatchback, or is it only the sedan? Check the rear legroom. Last time I sat in a hatchback fiesta with the seat right back, I could not get my legs/feet in at all. I'm 6'3" though. May be ok for short Thais and kids though.

sorry i only asked about the sedan cos that's what i'm looking at getting... although i read another poster said the discount was only on the 4door?

IMHO it's a lot better value getting the sedan.. it's alot more space for less price... looks a little more executive.. at least to me... much prefer this over say alis/vios type cars.. but that's my preference.

i'm not tall so no problems for me! however i agree leg room is probably better than the 5door hatch.. but may not be as roomy as some may hope for.

as usual all the agents keep telling me to quickly make a booking!! just 2 or 3000 baht.. they say...

are car sales really that bad? if so.. why wouldn't i be able to get this a the same or lower price next year?

what are you gut feels guys?

That Mazda 3 2Ltr Sports looked the biz at BITEC yesterday .. and has 6 air bags. Only a little over 1M thb ... a snip

OP want to spend 750K tops.

Then the Fiesta Ecoboost, presently at 650000thb must be a strong contender. We bought one for my step-daughter in June ... she loves it.

• 2 weeks later...

My Brio Amaze saloon is just that, and far cheaper than the Jazz (which is my favourite). While the back seats don't fold down - we still managed to load all our belongings from my condo in Pattaya and travel to CM, because the boot space is large and the back seat area is also large. It's also quick off the mark, good fuel economy, drives like a dream, and has a tight turning circle which is invaluable at U-turns. All in all, cannot fault it.

Try a suzuki ertiga....for the best flexibility (and price).

We shopped, till we dropped...but this car fit the bill.

Good traveling car...can sleep in the back (with all seats down).

Three rows (back row for kids only)...so in a pinch..you can carry six.

Air con in the back..handles well...cheaper than the honda.

I rented a Toyota Yaris for a week one time. If I ever had to buy another car, it would be the Yaris - roomy for its size.

Did the same imo a dam good car.

English life long mechanic and car enthusiast gave me IMO a v good peice of advice when coming to car buying 'stick to japanese'

rijit

good luck!

Did you test drive it?

no not yet..

Did you go back and test drive it? Wife is uncertain about the Jazz now as she wants a red car! I must admit honda have a weird colour range at present on new jazz bright yellow and green but no red or blue!

I rented a Toyota Yaris for a week one time. If I ever had to buy another car, it would be the Yaris - roomy for its size.

Will be picking up a new one this week when they get done with all the extras and undercoating! Still have the Vigo, but we put the lift kit on, won't fit in a lot of parking garages!

Any thoughts on the Yaris G? I still prefer the Jazz but just wanted others views? Jazz is more expensive so that's also a consideration.

Just bought one and haven't even picked it up yet, have to wait on fog lights and undercoating, film, etc. I looked and we drove a lot and in my opinion best value and ride overall for under 700, 000 THB was the Yaris, Vios, And the MG3.

My wife just checked you can get the automatic fiesta ecoboost for 654'000 plus free insurance only on the hatchback or 5000 less on the saloon. No other extras and you have to pay vehicle registration, not sure how much that is. My preference is the automatic top of the range Jazz which is 749'000 and details of a deal a member got are on this thread.

Heart says Jazz bank account says Fiesta! Decisions, decisions...

My wife just checked you can get the automatic fiesta ecoboost for 654'000 plus free insurance only on the hatchback or 5000 less on the saloon. No other extras and you have to pay vehicle registration, not sure how much that is. My preference is the automatic top of the range Jazz which is 749'000 and details of a deal a member got are on this thread.

Heart says Jazz bank account says Fiesta! Decisions, decisions...

Drive both then decide. The fiesta has a bit more HP but a lot more torque. More room in the jazz + better service. jazz will have good resale, not sure about the ford resale on the ecoboost. Depends on your needs but the fiesta looks attractive while it's on discount.

Fiesta is fun to drive the Jazz less....

The Jazz has more space and better resale...

The 1.0 engine of the Fiesta has to prove itself still here with longevity, the Jazz engine is proven...as the Japanese don't change them that much, except Mazda....

I like driving so Fiesta would be the one for me. For me Jazz has lost it a bit in terms of handling....the ones 2 models ago had in my opinion nicer handling (not so overly light steering) and a better auto...but that's just my 2 cts.

I vote for Nissan March . New model with airbags and automatic is only 450k. For its small size theres plenty of leg room. Very easy to drive , very economic and it use E20. Never had a problem with it.