Windows 10 on laptop?

pinkpanther99

thedemon, bless you. The keys you posted didn't work since I needed the key for Win 10 Home Single Language. But I googled your keys and came up with this one for Win10SL:

7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by impulse

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I updated to an evaluation version of Win10 on my legitimate Win 8.1 (Single Language) laptop a few weeks ago. Build 10162 I think

It worked great so I downloaded the ISO and cut the Win10 64 Bit install DVD. Load it up, and it asks for Product Key. So I copy the product key from the laptop system, and it doesn't work. (No sticker on the laptop, though I know it's a legitimate copy of Win 8.1 SL from the SKU tag on the Acer box)

<snip>

One last resort I've got to try is to strip the Product Key off the UEFI BIOS system and try that key, but now the CPU maximum frequency is 2% and nothing seems to be getting it off 2%. (But that's a whole 'nother problem)

Seems odd that the Windows 10 Technical Preview isn't converting over to a Activated Win10 Upgrade and registering your PC Hardware for lifetime Windows 10 installations.

While, technically, Microsoft says:

To update, you need to have Windows 8 or Windows 7 already on your PC. If you formatted or replaced your hard drive, you won't be able to use a product key to update to Windows 10. You'll need to install your previous version of Windows, and then reinstall Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded

Also, make sure the .iso you're using matches the product type of the previous license.

If SL then you must use SL Single Language .iso

If Windows 7 STARTER, HOME BASIC, HOME PREMIUM or Windows 8/8.1 (standard), then use Windows 10 HOME,

Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate, Widnows 8/8,1 PRO, then use Windows 10 Pro.

This command (run in the 'cmd' windows) *might* reveal the original Windows OS Product Key:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

And, from another PC User Forum:

If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer. (source)

Update

Some users have reportedly problems activating Windows 10 after doing a clean install of the operating system.

These users should check the following on the system:

• Check under Settings > Update & Security > Activation whether "Windows is Activated", and if the right edition is installed.
  • Check under Settings > Accounts > Your Account to make sure you are signed in to your verified Microsoft Account.
  • Use the following VB Script to check the product key and compare it against the following generic keys
  • Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
  • Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
  • Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
  • Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y

If you have a generic key, there is no other solution currently but to call Microsoft Support (source)

I updated to an evaluation version of Win10 on my legitimate Win 8.1 (Single Language) laptop a few weeks ago. Build 10162 I think

It worked great so I downloaded the ISO and cut the Win10 64 Bit install DVD. Load it up, and it asks for Product Key. So I copy the product key from the laptop system, and it doesn't work. (No sticker on the laptop, though I know it's a legitimate copy of Win 8.1 SL from the SKU tag on the Acer box)

<snip>

One last resort I've got to try is to strip the Product Key off the UEFI BIOS system and try that key, but now the CPU maximum frequency is 2% and nothing seems to be getting it off 2%. (But that's a whole 'nother problem)

Seems odd that the Windows 10 Technical Preview isn't converting over to a Activated Win10 Upgrade and registering your PC Hardware for lifetime Windows 10 installations.

To update, you need to have Windows 8 or Windows 7 already on your PC. If you formatted or replaced your hard drive, you won't be able to use a product key to update to Windows 10. You'll need to install your previous version of Windows, and then reinstall Windows 10.

Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded

Also, make sure the .iso you're using matches the product type of the previous license.

If Windows 7 STARTER, HOME BASIC, HOME PREMIUM or Windows 8/8.1 (standard), then use Windows 10 HOME,

This command (run in the 'cmd' windows) *might* reveal the original Windows OS Product Key:

If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer. (source)

Update

Some users have reportedly problems activating Windows 10 after doing a clean install of the operating system.

• Check under Settings > Update & Security > Activation whether "Windows is Activated", and if the right edition is installed.
  • Check under Settings > Accounts > Your Account to make sure you are signed in to your verified Microsoft Account.
  • Use the following VB Script to check the product key and compare it against the following generic keys

If you have a generic key, there is no other solution currently but to call Microsoft Support (source)

RichCor - that's VERY useful - thank youthumbsup.gif

Allow me to add that in your link above it refers you to this http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/ which includes a reference to a VB script that I tried - it works and returns the key on a fully licensed Windows 7! The instructions on the site are simplicity themselves and it doesn't require an installation - it's just a registry inquiry

That in turn links to this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html which allows you see not only the product key but the Product IDs for all MS items installed on the PC - very sweet!

It doesn't need to be installed either - just download the zipped version, unzip it and run it!clap2.gif

Edited by VBF

thedemon, bless you. The keys you posted didn't work since I needed the key for Win 10 Home Single Language. But I googled your keys and came up with this one for Win10SL:

Thanks, I didn't realise there was a different key for single language. Good that you could solve the issue.

If you have a computer tech coming over to sort it, let him

He will know how to install it Whether you're old install was genuine or not

And what is the "secret" that this technician knows?

I could tell you but the fact you needed to ask proves I'd be wasting my breath...

If you have a computer tech coming over to sort it, let him

He will know how to install it Whether you're old install was genuine or not

And what is the "secret" that this technician knows?

I could tell you but the fact you needed to ask proves I'd be wasting my breath...

gigglem.gif I get ur joke.

I don't get it but I am a dumb Aussie.

My tech - known him for 12yrs. Becoming a real PITA re promises.

States that he knows the problem. He is Thai so promises mean NIL. 3 nights now - no rectification. I am pissed off - YES.

Worse off - not really. Still have W 7.

To anyone using a tech, what is the current charge rate/hr?

Thanks, I didn't realise there was a different key for single language. Good that you could solve the issue.

Yup. Entered the key, pushed the button and 3-4 hours later, it was done and dusted. Restarted automatically God knows how many times since I was watching videos on my other computer while it did its thing.

Only issue was that the laptop didn't recognize the 2 USB hard drives until I did one more manual restart. Now it all looks good.

Thanks again.

Edit: On a side note, I wonder why in the world they even require a product key if they publish a generic key on the interweb. Just creating disgruntled customers as we waste hours jumping through one more hoop.

Edited by impulse

<snip>

Update

RichCor - that's VERY useful - thank youthumbsup.gif

Allow me to add that in your link above it refers you to this http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/ which includes a reference to a VB script that I tried - it works and returns the key on a fully licensed Windows 7! The instructions on the site are simplicity themselves and it doesn't require an installation - it's just a registry inquiry

That in turn links to this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html which allows you see not only the product key but the Product IDs for all MS items installed on the PC - very sweet!

It doesn't need to be installed either - just download the zipped version, unzip it and run it!clap2.gif

Thanks for that Product Key utility given at the nirsoft.net link you gave above...worked like a charm...easy and quick to use...showed my Win 10 and Office 2007 licenses.

I was curious as to if maybe, just maybe, my Win 8.1 Home Single Language (Eng) International license key (a product I bought separately at BananaIT and installed myself) might still really be the license key after I upgraded to Win 10 on 29 July. But no, it was the generic Win 10 Home SL key as showed in Richcor's post above. I had also tried the run command given in Richcor's post several times over the last week based on some earlier googling ...although the command would run it would just return a "blank" space when the license key was suppose to be displayed....like Richcor said, it "might" work....for my machine it didn't reveal any license key....for some folks I expect it works.

RichCor

There are 2 different codes for Windows 10 Pro.

Why? Difference?

I thought that last generic key looked a little odd. It was a formatting issue carried over throughout multiple forums.

The other PRO is actually for Volume Licensing, Multiple Access Keys.

RTM/KMS Licensing:

Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
Windows 10 Home SL: BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK: QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y

Windows 10 Pro N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9

Windows 10 Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2

Windows 10 Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ

Windows 10 Enterprise N: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43

DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB: WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9

2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ

Note: A Windows 10 Free Upgrade can only be accomplished by first completing an in-place Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10.
During the upgrade process, Microsoft upgrade installer will automatically create a 'fingerprint' of the hardware and send this to Microsoft to store in their Genuine/Authentication servers. A generic license key will then be used as a placeholder for an actual Windows 10 key.
Afterwards you be able to do a clean install of Windows 10, the installer *should* automatically be able to use the hardware 'fingerprint' to identify this system as authenticated and continue without requesting a Product Key -- but if it doesn't, and instead it asks you for a product license key, you can use the 'skip' option, or if no skip option available then you can enter one of the above generic keys appropriate for your actual licensed edition of Windows to allow windows to continue installing.
Just remember, these are generic keys, they are used as a temporary placeholder to allow setup to install Windows 10. The product still needs to be authenticated to function beyond the 'trial' period allowed. Authentication can only happen if you previously accomplished an in-place Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 and a hardware 'fingerprint' ID of that system was created for Microsoft's Servers ...and now matches the system on which you're now installing, or, you have an actual purchased/issued Windows 10 Product Key you can enter.

Yup, bad news. Install went swimmingly. Activation attempts now resulting in error messages. Googling indicates it may be a server overload problem. I sure hope so.

They keep asking for the Product Key that came on my DVD, which, of course, I don't have. So I tried my laptop's (legal) Win8.1SL product key- no luv. My Win10 preview Product key- still no luv. My Win10 Home SL installation (generic) product key- I'm a loser at luv...

RichCor

There are 2 different codes for Windows 10 Pro.

Why? Difference?

I thought that last generic key looked a little odd. It was a formatting issue carried over throughout multiple forums.

The other PRO is actually for Volume Licensing, Multiple Access Keys.

RTM/KMS Licensing:

Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
Windows 10 Home SL: BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK: QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y

Windows 10 Pro N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9

Windows 10 Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2

Windows 10 Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ

Windows 10 Enterprise N: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43

DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB: WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9

2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ

Note: A Windows 10 Free Upgrade can only be accomplished by first completing an in-place Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10.
During the upgrade process, Microsoft upgrade installer will automatically create a 'fingerprint' of the hardware and send this to Microsoft to store in their Genuine/Authentication servers. A generic license key will then be used as a placeholder for an actual Windows 10 key.
Afterwards you be able to do a clean install of Windows 10, the installer *should* automatically be able to use the hardware 'fingerprint' to identify this system as authenticated and continue without requesting a Product Key -- but if it doesn't, and instead it asks you for a product license key, you can use the 'skip' option, or if no skip option available then you can enter one of the above generic keys appropriate for your actual licensed edition of Windows to allow windows to continue installing.
Just remember, these are generic keys, they are used as a temporary placeholder to allow setup to install Windows 10. The product still needs to be authenticated to function beyond the 'trial' period allowed. Authentication can only happen if you previously accomplished an in-place Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 and a hardware 'fingerprint' ID of that system was created for Microsoft's Servers ...and now matches the system on which you're now installing, or, you have an actual purchased/issued Windows 10 Product Key you can enter.

I upgraded from Win 8.1 Home SL to Win 10 Home SL on 29 Jul...the first day Win 10 was released. The Win 10 generic license key I have on my system now is the first one listed above for the Win 10 Home SL ending in 6F4BT. And my system shows as activated.

Some questions:

1) You mention above "....to function beyond the trial period..." What trial period are you talking about?

2) If a person entered one of the generic codes for Win 10 "Pro" mentioned above by going into the activate/change product key menu result in a person Win 10 Home SL being upgraded to Win 10 Pro? And if it did, would it stay activated if it takes a while for the MS authentication servers to determine/double check/etc., I had only originally bought Win 8.1 Home SL and not Win 8.1 Pro?

3) And kinda related, if a person was to upgrade to a Win 10 Pro even if he bought the license, will a Win 10 Pro license upgrade "any version" of Win 10 such as the Win 10 Home SL (Eng) International, Win 10 Home U.S., Win 10 Education, etc?

Edited by Pib

An interesting but "painful" day.

I have tried all relevant product keys offered for W 10 Pro. Alas, all unsuccessful.

Having recently moved from CNX to Fang, my W 8 CD with product key seems to have disappeared.

My reliable tech has let me down 3 days now but has vowed that "Tonight is the Night'. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Will tonight be the night?

Total time to complete the UPGRADE?

An interesting but "painful" day.

I have tried all relevant product keys offered for W 10 Pro. Alas, all unsuccessful.

Having recently moved from CNX to Fang, my W 8 CD with product key seems to have disappeared.

My reliable tech has let me down 3 days now but has vowed that "Tonight is the Night'. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Will tonight be the night?

Total time to complete the UPGRADE?

With some talk of trial period installation/activation of Win 10, I was a little concerned if my Win 10 was "permanently" activated or still in some trial activation period even with Windows saying it was activated in the activation menu.

I ran the "slmgr /xpr" command and a white Windows Script Window popped up saying I was permanently activated.

See this snapshot below talking how to run the command and you'll also see the Windows Script Host popup saying I'm permanently activated.

post-55970-0-59531100-1439114343_thumb.j

<snip>

Some questions:

1) You mention above "....to function beyond the trial period..." What trial period are you talking about?

2) If a person entered one of the generic codes for Win 10 "Pro" mentioned above by going into the activate/change product key menu result in a person Win 10 Home SL being upgraded to Win 10 Pro? And if it did, would it stay activated if it takes a while for the MS authentication servers to determine/double check/etc., I had only originally bought Win 8.1 Home SL and not Win 8.1 Pro?

3) And kinda related, if a person was to upgrade to a Win 10 Pro even if he bought the license, will a Win 10 Pro license upgrade "any version" of Win 10 such as the Win 10 Home SL (Eng) International, Win 10 Home U.S., Win 10 Education, etc?

• Microsoft has generally allowed 'Evaluation' or Trial Periods when you've skipped entering product keys during installation. Typically, you can go 30 days (some products allow 90 days) before being nagged to death for a product key and activation, or having major features disabled until you do so.

Microsoft directly offers Evaluation/Trial version of Windows 10 Enterprise

Download Windows 10 Enterprise Trial Version Setup Free

TheWindowsClub | by ChethanThimmappa | July 31, 2015

Technet Evaluation Center Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluations

Microsoft.com

• While you can use START | SETTINGS -> Update and security -> Activation :: Change Product Key to enter a different product key, that key must be for the product already installed.

Changing an OS 'edition' can only be done by a clean install of the product (or purchasing and installing a valid product upgrade).

Some Windows OS installers are really universal edition/channel ISO setup discs. Removing .cfg and .clg configuration files that specify the default edition of Windows will force the installer to prompt you with available editions. Windows 7 universal disc example

While you could install and run these other editions in evaluation/trial, you would still need a matching product key valid for that edition.

• If you have Windows 10 HOME SL (Single Language) currently installed and activated, and wanted to move to Windows 10 Pro, you would need to purchase a special Windows 10 ProPack ($99 US Retail).

More information about switching versions/editions can be found in the following articles:

Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10?

How-To-Geek | Chris Hoffman | July 17, 2015

Windows 10 Pro / Home Editions & ProPack Retail List Price Details

TechJourney.net | by LK | June 2nd, 2015

<snip>

Some questions:

• Microsoft has generally allowed 'Evaluation' or Trial Periods when you've skipped entering product keys during installation. Typically, you can go 30 days (some products allow 90 days) before being nagged to death for a product key and activation, or having major features disabled until you do so.

Microsoft directly offers Evaluation/Trial version of Windows 10 Enterprise

Download Windows 10 Enterprise Trial Version Setup Free

TheWindowsClub | by ChethanThimmappa | July 31, 2015

Technet Evaluation Center Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluations

Microsoft.com

• While you can use START | SETTINGS -> Update and security -> Activation :: Change Product Key to enter a different product key, that key must be for the product already installed.

Changing an OS 'edition' can only be done by a clean install of the product (or purchasing and installing a valid product upgrade).

Some Windows OS installers are really universal edition/channel ISO setup discs. Removing .cfg and .clg configuration files that specify the default edition of Windows will force the installer to prompt you with available editions. Windows 7 universal disc example

While you could install and run these other editions in evaluation/trial, you would still need a matching product key valid for that edition.

• If you have Windows 10 HOME SL (Single Language) currently installed and activated, and wanted to move to Windows 10 Pro, you would need to purchase a special Windows 10 ProPack ($99 US Retail).

More information about switching versions/editions can be found in the following articles:

Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10?

How-To-Geek | Chris Hoffman | July 17, 2015

Windows 10 Pro / Home Editions & ProPack Retail List Price Details

TechJourney.net | by LK | June 2nd, 2015

Thanks for that info.

When I select Settings, Activation, Go To Store menu selection, log into Store, I'm offered Windows Pro at $99 whether I use VPN with a U.S. IP address or not using VPN with a Thailand IP address. Does not offer me Pro Pack to upgrade for my Win 10 Home SL.

Now when I was still on Win 8.1 Home SL before upgrade to Win 10 Home SL and I would go to the Windows Store via the Windows menus it would offer me Windows Pro Pack and it offered it at $99 if logging in via VPN with a U.S. IP address but $139 if logging in with a Thailand IP address.

One day about 6 months ago I started a chat session with the MS Answer Desk to ask why the different prices for the Pro Pack? They just said different countries, different prices. And when I asked if I buy a Win 8.1 Pro Pack at the $99 U.S. price will it actually upgrade my Win 8.1 SL International version? The Answer Desk rep said it probably wouldn't because of being the wrong region. I'm not sure that was a correct answer.

I have googled and googled and I never found where the Pro Pack was "regional" based like other Windows editions. Ever since then I've been totally unsure if a Pro Pack would work/upgrade my Win 8.1. And now the Store doesn't show a Win 10 ProPack at least when I go to it...jut Windows Pro. The Windows 10 Pro is probably the same thing as the Windows 10 Pro Pack (if that really still exists) since it's at the $99 price vs the full Windows 10 Pro price of $199.

Yeap, Microsoft keeps changing what they call things....keeps me totally confused.

What's amazing and irritating is that they can make these computers smart enough to tell me when I need to buy printer toner, or when an update comes out that I need to spend money on, and to siphon off tons of information that they can sell to advertisers.

But it's not smart enough to run the fricking little programs to look up the Win 8.1 SL product key and determine that I had a legal copy, and that I updated to an appropriate version of Win 10 SL. How tough would that be?

Instead, I have to spend hours Googling to find the little programs, and trying product key after product key.

<snip>

I have googled and googled and I never found where the Pro Pack was "regional" based like other Windows editions. Ever since then I've been totally unsure if a Pro Pack would work/upgrade my Win 8.1. And now the Store doesn't show a Win 10 ProPack at least when I go to it...jut Windows Pro. The Windows 10 Pro is probably the same thing as the Windows 10 Pro Pack (if that really still exists) since it's at the $99 price vs the full Windows 10 Pro price of $199.

Yeap, Microsoft keeps changing what they call things....keeps me totally confused.

What happens if you follow the directions similar to Windows 8.1 'add features' directions Get more from Windows 8.1?

The upgrade option may in within the OS. I can't test this as I already have Pro, but they might go something like this:

1. Open the Start Menu and select Settings.

2. In the Find a Setting search box, enter add features (don't press Enter/Return)

3. Look for Add features to Windows 10 and then do one of the following:

• If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.

Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.

• If you already have an product key, tap or click I already have a product key.

4. Enter your product key and click Next.

5. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

EDIT:

Found another post that said:

Settings->Accounts->Work Access, then click "Upgrade today".

That will open a 'Did you mean to switch apps?

"Applications" is trying to open "Store" window.

Click "Yes", which will open the store to an "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" page.

Edited by RichCor

<snip>

What happens if you follow the directions similar to Windows 8.1 'add features' directions Get more from Windows 8.1?

The upgrade option may in within the OS. I can't test this as I already have Pro, but they might go something like this:

1. Open the Start Menu and select Settings.

2. In the Find a Setting search box, enter add features (don't press Enter/Return)

3. Look for Add features to Windows 10 and then do one of the following:

• If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.

Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.

• If you already have an product key, tap or click I already have a product key.

4. Enter your product key and click Next.

5. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

EDIT:

Found another post that said:

Settings->Accounts->Work Access, then click "Upgrade today".

That will open a 'Did you mean to switch apps?

"Applications" is trying to open "Store" window.

Click "Yes", which will open the store to an "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" page.

To the best of my knowledge there is n longer an "Add Features for Win 10" selection like there was for Add Features for Win 8.1 (or at least I don't see it)...that disappeared in Win 10. Now instead in Win 10 you click Settings, Update and Security, Activation, Go To Store. And when doing that I always ended up with the Win 10 Pro for $99...where before when going to the store in Win 8.1 it would offer the ProPack at $99 with an U.S. IP address or $139 with a Thailand IP address.

I just finished a chat with the MS Store Answer Desk, explained to them my confusion on how to upgrade to Pro...the rep initially came back saying upgrade to the ProPack for $99 but when I told the rep about how it was not showing me the ProPack but Pro the rep needed to research a minute or two. Then the rep came back and said "essentially it's the same thing". I asked what you mean by "essentially." The rep said, ."That is essentially the Pro Pack, Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $99. The name might not be ProPack but it's the exact same thing." So even the MS Store Answer Desk folks are not 100% up to speed on what displays on their store now when someone is using Win 10 to check on an upgrade.

I then asked another question about when doing the upgrade to Pro will my Win 10 Single Language remain a Single Language International English which is really UK English. The rep initially said yes. Then I said I really want to change the "operating system" language to U.S. English but I can't...I must use UK English since that is the Intl version. And when saying "operating system" language I'm not referring to "keyboard layout" language when you can select multiple language...like I have US English and Thai keyboad layout loaded. When I challenged the answer the rep said let me double check....in about a minute the rep came back with apologizes saying when I upgrade to Pro I will be given the option to use multiple languages.

See snapshots below for my exact questions to the rep and the rep's exact answers to what i was talking about above.

post-55970-0-91761900-1439128544_thumb.j

post-55970-0-93299200-1439128552_thumb.j