Thai man in coma after face bashed with brick by unruly teens in pub altercation

Lite Beer

Thai man in coma after face bashed with brick by unruly teens in pub altercation
Eakkapop Thongtub

1438481231_1.jpg

Rescue workers aid the unconscious victim, who is now in a coma at Vachira Hospital.

PHUKET: A 27-year-old man is in a coma at Vachira Hospital after his head was repeatedly bashed in with a brick by a group of teens following an altercation at a pub in Thalang early this morning.

At 3.20am early this morning (August 8) Police Lt Col Sanit Nukongpong of Thalang Police Station was alerted that there was a victim of violence lying unconscious in the middle of the Soi 1 lane in the Phuket Thanee housing estate of Sisunthon's Moo 5.

Police and rescue workers arrived to the scene where there was a crowd of residents standing around the motionless victim who was losing blood rapidly from wounds on his face.

Rescue workers applied emergency aid and CPR before transporting the victim to hospital.

Near the body police found a broken brick tainted with blood stains, and collected it as evidence.

An eyewitness, Ms Kanathawan Phumket, 19, identified the victim as 27-year-old Mr Surasak Yangthad of Kanchanaburi, who made a living selling beverages in front of Thalang Hospital.

Ms Kanthawan told police that prior to the attack, she and the victim were among a group of four friends who had gone to the “Pub 65” establishment in Thalang to party.

She reported that at one point “a drunk teen” from another table had come to grab the victim's throat, choking him while yelling, “Why did you grab my girl's hand?”.

After that, Mr Surasak fled the pub on foot and ran into the housing estate nearby with a group of 6-7 “gang members” in pursuit – a chase which ended with the brutal attack, she said.

The eyewitness told police that at one point last night, Mr Surasak was in an intoxicated state when he approached another table of “intoxicated teens” to "greet them", an interaction which ultimately led to an altercation.

Police are studying CCTV footage in hopes of identifying the culprits, who are still at large

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-man-in-coma-after-face-bashed-with-brick-by-unruly-teens-in-pub-altercation-53463.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-02

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinking among Thai men.

One of the 7 deadly sins.

(see my sig)

coffee1.gif

The "sin" is being thought to even possibly maybe-sorta coulda-mighta looked in the more-or-less inexact-approximate-roughly general direction of some Somchai's first date.

In a Thai bar, that'll get you piled on by a bunch of pussies.

It takes a man to stand up for himself in the west here in thaiway takes a mob, a proud nation indeed.

That really is not the case, as you must surely know.

Or was your post just about denigrating Thai people in an attempt to gain some 'rep' on here?

It takes a man to stand up for himself in the west here in thaiway takes a mob, a proud nation indeed.

Are you sure ? I read many news stories from the 'west' reporting mob attacks on an individual. Happens all over the world.

I've only been back to the UK twice in the past two decades. The last time was 2007. Almost the first thing my brother told me was "Times have changed, there is no one on one any more. If you see a group of teenagers walking towards you, cross the road and ignore the insults. If you don't they will very likely beat you senseless."

That night on the news was a report of a middle aged man who confonted a group of young men who were knocking his car around, they kicked him to death.

I reckon it's much the same everywhere in the world now. Queensbury rules have long since been forgotten. I don't confront anyone physically aný more. Even if it seems to be one on one, you never know when a knife or a gun is going to be pulled. It simply isn't worth it to 'save face.

Are you sure ? I read many news stories from the 'west' reporting mob attacks on an individual. Happens all over the world.

Sure it does ... just not as much as here where apparently its everytime 6-7 Guys on one ... very brave indeed and this time with a brick also ... Cowards !

I've only been back to the UK twice in the past two decades. The last time was 2007. Almost the first thing my brother told me was "Times have changed, there is no one on one any more. If you see a group of teenagers walking towards you, cross the road and ignore the insults. If you don't they will very likely beat you senseless."

<snip>

Never mind 2 decades back, when I was a lad 50 years back I used to cross the road when a saw gang coming towards me, when they crossed into my path then it was time to flee. Nothing to do with 'times'

Or was your post just about denigrating Thai people in an attempt to gain some 'rep' on here?

It brings to mind the football thugs in the UK and Europe. No one on one with them.

BANG! straight in at #8 the "happens all over the world".... the new predictable crap to replace "quality tourist".....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<snip>

Never mind 2 decades back, when I was a lad 50 years back I used to cross the road when a saw gang coming towards me, when they crossed into my path then it was time to flee. Nothing to do with 'times'

Gangs, yes of course, but I wasn't thinking of gangs per se, rather groups of 'harmless' looking teenagers.

Thai brick bash victim dies from head wound infections
Eakkapop Thongtub

1438503939_1.jpg

This brick is thought to be the murder weapon.

PHUKET: The 27-year-old Thai man who went into a coma after being violently attacked by a group of unruly teens this morning in Thalang finally died this afternoon at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Doctors prounounced 27-year-old Surasak Yangthad dead at 1.30pm today, noting that he was unable to fight off multiple infections that had spread at deep wounds on his face and head.

Mr Surasak, originally from Kanchanaburi, was attacked by a group of unruly teens early this morning following an altercation at a Thalang pub (story here).

Police are still following up on eyewitness reports and CCTV footage, and have yet to name any suspects or announce any arrests. The investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-brick-bash-victim-dies-from-head-wound-infections-53466.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-02

Oh he surely knows alright, but this was a perfect opportunity to do a bit of Thai bashing and make him feel good.

He surely knows that his own country has for years been the home of gangs of young guys bashing people senseless, for little or no reason.

It happens in the USA as well, gangs have been operating there for many years. Australia is trying to catch up with these overseas countries, gang bashing is commonplace in many cities and large towns.

These posters who have a go at Thais for doing things like this are not too bright. They should have a look at what is going on in their own country before opening their mouths.

Completely agree, poster's on here either like to bash thai people or think it only happens in Thailand, unfortunately it happens everywhere, we get it a lot in England

Yes, it could happen anywhere but it DOES happen in Thailand more frequently in this lunatic loss of face, deranged, gang-style , ultimate coward fashion. There is too much testosterone-fuelled rage: all seven of these thugs should be sentenced to 30 years, including chemical castration for the entire sentence.

If these punks were real men, the one with the girlfriend issues would have fought this man, with at least a little bit of honor. But since they were all man children, they fought as a group. Zero risk that way. And since when is a brick in the head an appropriate response for touching your girls hand, if that is even what happened? How about a fistfight? Even as a group, these cockroaches were too cowardly to use their fists. Hope each one gets charged with attempted murder and spends many years in prison, where they can enjoy the real gangs using them as girlfriends.

Completely agree, poster's on here either like to bash thai people or think it only happens in Thailand, unfortunately it happens everywhere, we get it a lot in England

Gangsterland practises outside Thailand seem to attract quite a few Thai wannabe gangsters.

.....justice...fair play......???

...should we say nothing......???

...should we condone such brutal....cowardly acts....???

...it had nothing to do with a 'roaming gang' per se.....

...this was an incident involving a gang of drunken...immature....'teenagers'....

...they instigated it.....

...in 'retaliation to'.......the guy having gone up to their table....in a jovial mood....and 'greeted them'.....

...the squabble about 'statistics'.....without any statistics....is meaningless.....to put it politely.....

....now...did the guy deserve to be harassed....mocked....chased...hunted down....and have his head bashed in with a concrete brick....???

....I say no....

....should the perps be caught and punished....I say yes....

....will they....God knows....