Parents claim intimidation by Thai official

webfact

Thinly veiled threats...designed to instill fear into the citizens...happens in countries run by communist dictators frequently...

But this is Thailand...run my a loving father who just happens to be a strict disciplinarian....

If true, should be looked into.

What did they expect?

Consequences of ones actions, when you put your self in harms way you have to be ready to deal with the fall out.

They made a decision now they have to live with the fall out.

Christ almighty. How will the junta cope when the inevitable happens and 14 swells to 140, then to 1400, then to 140,000 and so on. Go and Harass all their families?

Even you must hardcore of sycophants have to admit this is getting ridiculous now. Why not let these students have a group and stage like Suthep's group hmm? I would like one GOOD reason why these students shouldn't also have a voice but that thug is.

Easy students dont have the ultimate amart patrons, Suthep and co do

If true, should be looked into.

What did they expect?

Consequences of ones actions, when you put your self in harms way you have to be ready to deal with the fall out.

They made a decision now they have to live with the fall out.

Yet nearly every other political gathering the junta have faced hasn't seen people locked up and families harassed. Funny that.

Thinly veiled threats...designed to instill fear into the citizens...happens in countries run by communist dictators frequently...

But this is Thailand...run my a loving father who just happens to be a strict disciplinarian....

"happens in countries run by communist dictators frequently..."

But much more frequently in "fascist" dictatorships.

How strange...I have got to the end of the thread and I can't find the posts from DJJaimie or English John defending this behaviour or telling us all about how much worse it was under the Shinawatras, like that would make it all OK.

Maybe the military will "offer" to conscript all the students into the Army.

Assign them all to different army posts away from Bangkok.

No more visibility or public access.

Not an acceptable reaction in a modern society. But I guess better than making them disappear, shooting them or bombing them.

Differences in intimidation and dealing with critics are noted.

Better for the Junta to intimidate the youngs and his parents as it has an effect on others, whereas it's quite difficult to spread the news of a disapearance or killing of Junta critics ... unless you move to a full face dictatorship regime (step that the Junta seems not yet ready/willing to make)

Edited by FarangKyAy