Flyers to face B35 fee for airport background check

webfact

You got your hard cover stamped I have 2 blank pages and they do it deliberate to waste your passport... They are the worst operation I have ever seen

Jokers

Last week the officers noticed I only had two pages left and stamped on one that was almost full.

This happened on the way in and the way out, and I didn't even ask.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what those 'fricking' terrorists have done to the flying public. The cost to governments that could have been better spent elsewhere. The security lines increasing tension and time delays!! The searches and fondling to find that possible weapon on grandma or your toddler. Increase airline costs due to all these efforts.

And yet, there are human 'rectums' volunteering to assist these monsters!

You will soon forget about the fee. As you have forgotten about the fee we pay for flying into Thailand along with the fee we pay for flying out .

Both these fees are also included in the flight ticket price.

You only pay a fee in Thailand? Remember the 500 baht pain. Fee was no problem, cheaper than other countries. The method of paying was a pain. Eventually on ticket price. Book online, cheap. By the time you have selected the flights and paid tax and surcharges price doubles. 35 Baht? Bummer.

You will soon forget about the fee. As you have forgotten about the fee we pay for flying into Thailand along with the fee we pay for flying out .

I don't remember an arrival tax.

I don't remember an arrival tax.

Exit tax covers arrival. They all do it.

1. I have nothing to hide, so it doesn't bother me .

2. They must do whatever possible to eliminate security risks, both on board and to assist in the apprehension of jerks on the run, or jerks coming into the kingdom to do no good.

3. When I see the shitbags coming into Thailand, I wish the authorities would screen in many more ways, .. even just 'filter out' the obvious scum, telling them to get dressed before approaching the Immigration desk. And if they don't posses respectable attire, turn them back.

4. What's pathetic is a smartarse bunch of farang complaining about 35 Baht fee, when you are here, for what?? ... and flying how often? Daily??

When someone falls foul of the law, you are the first to burp, then complain: "Why don't they .... blahh blahh bloody blahh

Get a grip!

Burp

This has been on the Thompson website for some time. I also faced something similar with Air Canada a few week ago.

You need to provide Advance Passenger Information (API) before you go on holiday if you're travelling with Thomson Airways. It’s also called APIS, Secure Flight or e-Borders. In a nutshell, this is information from your passport that’s required by the governments of some countries. Thomson Airways also needs this information for Aviation Security purposes.

If you don’t supply API, you won't be able to travel.

You’ll need to give us the following details for everyone travelling on your booking:

For all destinations
  • Full name, as shown on your passport or travel document
  • Travel document type e.g. passport (P).
    If you’re travelling on a group passport, details for each passenger listed on the passport should be entered under the same travel document type and passport number.
  • Travel document number
  • Travel document country of issue
  • Travel document expiry date
  • Nationality
Additional information for all US destinations
  • Country of residence
  • First night address you're staying at in the USA
  • Redress number, if applicable
Additional information for Cuba and Mexico
  • Country of residence
  • Redress number, if applicable
Don't know your address in the USA?
  • Fly drive holidays – Please provide the name and location of the car hire company and where you plan to stop first.
  • Cruises – If you’re joining a cruise ship, provide the cruise ship name and the port your cruise leaves from.
  • Accommodation allocated on arrival – Please provide the name of our resort office, which is:
    Welcome USA
    7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
    Kissimmee
    Florida 34747
  • Backpackers – Please give an indication of where you’ll spend your first night.
  • Transferring to another flight – Please give details of the departing flight number and destination.
Other travel requirements

You’ll need to provide API alongside any other requirements that apply for your destination, like visas, or ESTA if you’re going to the USA. If you’re completing ESTA, your API information will need to match the details you give.