Thammasat University criticized for keeping freshmen late

webfact

Thammasat University criticized for keeping freshmen late
By Coconuts Bangkok

thammasat1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The orientation of the Thammasat University freshmen, which was extended to 11pm, ended with scenes of chaos and drama after a crowd of parents demanded staff free their children.

Thammasat University was a popular topic of discussion online last night after photos of parents blocking the entrance to Thammasat University, Tha Prachan campus’ entrance as they waited to pick up their children went viral on Facebook.

"What rights do you have to ground my kid? It's late! If they want to get out, it's their right. Isn't this university all about human rights and freedom?" one parent reportedly said, as hundreds of students cheered in agreement.

The orientation was reportedly delayed because of the rain.

Some netizens said the university should put the students' safety first and it does not have the right to stop the students from leaving.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/03/thammasat-university-criticized-keeping-freshmen-late

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-03

That odd mixture of over protection and (with many) neglect of teaching basic values of responsibility, being a self starter, etc. When I went of to uni, no parent there to pick me up etc, and imagine that is true for most of us in West.