Where can you go in Pattaya / Jomtien to get nosehair trimmed ?

prk888

There is a barber shop on soi Buakhow with an older Thai male barber who cut my nosehairs, cleaned my ears and trimmed my eyebrows along with giving me a very decent haircut.

South Pattaya Rd end near Sunview Place Hotel, same side.

Forum members who read this question may find it amusing BUT!!!! the traditional Western barbershop catering to men would include this routine as part of a haircut. But now many fellows, including myself, want to go to a hair salon where I can receive more attention to my chosen hair style and where the barber or hair stylist will spend more time with not only with the electric clippers (adjusted to 1-2-3) but use 2-3 kinds of scissors where as the traditional barbershop has a standard way of cutting ones hair (not much style but less cost). The downfall of the hair salon, hair boutique- all those fancy titles to stay away from the term, barber shop, fails to remember to shave behind the neck, ears, or even nose of the hairy homosapiens from the cold climates. As a male gets over the hill (40 or 50 yrs old) he ends up growing hair in areas that at one time was unimaginable... in the ear, on the ear, down the neck... thicken growth in the nose or eyebrows; meanwhile his head hair is thinning out. Trying to remove hair inside...outside...on the ear lobe is quite a task so finding someone to do this kind of grooming is a big plus. Also since I am over the hill, I realized why older men grow beards... the facial hair thickens and becomes as tough as copper wire; thus, those expensive Gillette Mach 3 razor blades selling at 130 baht a piece, lasting for a few days is money that could be spent on a couple cold beers or icecream. It would be nice to be an Asian man that has only a little stubble to shave around the chin. (Maybe the Gillette razors are not as strong sold in Thailand -mmmm)

Edited by toenail

To the Op,

when you find the place, can you tell me, name and location, so I can come down and get some belly button fluff removed. its way to distressing to remove it myself

or to get lady Chang to do it, scary stuff, button fluff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock1.gifshock1.gifshock1.gif

(Maybe the Gillette razors are not as strong sold in Thailand -mmmm)

No doubt in my mind that the Gillette razors sold in Thailand are inferior to counterparts made in the USA. I've got a moderate beard and easily get 4 to 5 weeks of daily shaving from the Trac-3's I bring from the US. Not much more than half that from the comparable models purchased locally. I go to the US about twice a year and always bring a supply back.

In my experience local barber shops just stick one of those cheap nose hair clipper battery powered thingies in your nose that they've used on thousands of other people. Dude, that is BEYOND disgusting. It's like sharing a sex toy.

Beyond that if you've really got a lot hair there, there is no way they are going to spend the time needed to really clean it up. It's more like a gesture.

Buy your own!

Edited by Jingthing

In my experience local barber shops just stick one of those cheap nose hair clipper battery powered thingies in your nose that they've used on thousands of other people. Dude, that is BEYOND disgusting. It's like sharing a sex toy.

In all the times I have had my hair cut in Thailand that has only happened to me once. But as you say once is more than enough.

All other barbers I have used here have used scissors.

Rotary nose clipper.......

Yes, or just simple tweezers while you're reading Thaivisa or watching TV LOL. I actually enjoy it. It's hard not to comment here, but who would let their nose hairs grow so long that they need to have a barber trim them? Get them when they are short and often, and you won't get that rough, shaved feel you get when you cut them.

Tweezing them takes out the roots, so they grow back more slowly.

At least I'm not just having a dig, I'm giving out some decent grooming advice.

Rotary nose clipper.......

Yes, or just simple tweezers while you're reading Thaivisa or watching TV LOL. I actually enjoy it. It's hard not to comment here, but who would let their nose hairs grow so long that they need to have a barber trim them? Get them when they are short and often, and you won't get that rough, shaved feel you get when you cut them.

Tweezing them takes out the roots, so they grow back more slowly.

At least I'm not just having a dig, I'm giving out some decent grooming advice.

Yes tweezers the best way.

I do the same,

Years ago I did try using a Bic lighter, did the job very quick, slight sting ohmy.png

But could not get rid of the smell all day. never again. crazy.gif

Trimming nose hairs is pointless. They just grow back thicker than before. Man up and pluck them out by the roots. It's a good opportunity to get some swearing practice in too.

You must have a very low tolerance to pain if you find that painful.

I really like the idea of a fun themed nose hair waxing specialty shop.

You know, the Thai stereotype that foreigners have big noses and are hairy.

There could be a big sign out front with an exaggerated massive schnozola oozing with hairs.

Assuming it could be priced well compared the west ... who could resist having a go ... and if the service is good and long lasting ... repeat customers!

Of course, why stop at noses you might ask?

Why indeed.

Well, they could do the butts in the back.

Edited by Jingthing

To the Op,

when you find the place, can you tell me, name and location, so I can come down and get some belly button fluff removed. its way to distressing to remove it myself

or to get lady Chang to do it, scary stuff, button fluff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock1.gifshock1.gifshock1.gif

--blink.png Sorry dude, belly fluff or belly jam is from poor hygiene. You need to shower more.