Help: I want to avoid Bangkok´s road accidents with the train and water transport systems

MovingToThai

There is no multi entry tourist visa - only specific number of entries. You require a work permit to work in Thailand regardless of where paid or how you work (although some do work illegally as is the case everywhere it will not be legal without a work permit which would require you work for a Thai company of some type and meet specific monthly income requirements.

Oh please stop it.

OP is a digital nomad like so many of us and Thai immigration has even approved on that. It doesnt matter which visa he's on as long as it's valid and he's NOT working in Thailand for a Thai company and receive the salary in Thailand.

Online work from home is acceptable , even on a tourist visa.

no it isn't, if you stay here longer then 180 days a year you have to pay tax. immigration has nothing to say about tax and workpermits. WP is a labour department issue. the fact that people get away with it doesn't make it legal
Balo, that’s interesting, what you say. There has been a number of treads discussing online work for foreign companies or as independent (self employed), and normally the only good advice given is, to keep low profile under the radar.
Is there any kind of documentation or news articles or the like, about it...?
Concerning FritsSikkink’s remark about tax, I’ve always heard that it’s only income in/from Thailand you are taxable of in Thailand; knowing it’s a kind of “grey zone” when working online for foreign company or foreign customers. Often we hear/read, that income from abroad is only taxable in Thailand, if you bring the money into Thailand the same year your earned them, whilst bringing the money into Thailand the following year, or later, is considered as savings and not taxable in Thailand.
Are there anyone of the posters who has experience or knowledge about that...?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you search here on Thaivisa you will find smilar threads in the past year and there was interviews published in the news with immigration officials, I think from Chiang Mai who confirmed that staying in Thailand as a digital nomad would not be a problem as long as you have a valid visa, doesnt matter which one. As long as your income is coming from abroad and you pay your taxes there. But that doesnt necessarily mean you're allowed to work from an office in broad daylight. I'm talkin about working from yourr laptop at home.