Thai govt envoy admits crush on China

webfact

Thai junta envoy admits crush on China

KUALA LUMPUR - As relations with western nations cool, Thailand's generals have visibly cosied up to China since seizing power in a coup last year.

But one Thai general appears to be especially enamored.

At a joint press conference in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday, Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn made a surprise declaration while standing on a podium with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi.

"If I were a woman I will fall in love with his excellency," he told reporters in English, much to the surprise of China’s top foreign envoy who appeared somewhat unsure how to respond.

The foreign ministers are currently attending a regional security meeting in Malaysia hosted by the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean).

General Tanasak, a close confidant of coup leader and now Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-Cha, made his remarks in response to a reporter’s question on Thailand’s diplomatic relations with China.

"At this moment we believe this is the best time for our relationship. Especially for my personal contact with minister Wang Yi who is a very nice and polite person," he said.

It was then that he made his surprise declaration of love.

While Thailand boasts extensive cultural, ethnic and demographic links to China, its relationship has not always been so easy.

Throughout much of the Cold War the kingdom was one of Washington’s strongest bulwarks against communism and it has traditionally remained a close regional ally of the United States.

But the latest coup, one of more than a dozen successful power grabs by the military since the end of absolute monarchy in 1932, has soured relations with the US.

In contrast Beijing has been quick to embrace Bangkok’s new military rulers, with a flurry of high-level meetings since the May 2014 coup.

Tanasak said Thailand’s relationship with China goes back more than 1,000 years.

"Let’s say we are so close, we are more than friends, just say we are cousins with a long history together," he said.

"We don’t talk diplomatic talk, we talks like personal, like family, like friend," he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thai-junta-envoy-admits-crush-on-China-30265995.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-06

"At a joint press conference in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday, Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn made a surprise declaration while standing on a podium with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi.

"If I were a woman I will fall in love with his excellency," he told reporters in English, much to the surprise of China’s top foreign envoy who appeared somewhat unsure how to respond."

No, that's not awkward. Not at all. giggle.gif

Personally I would love to see China take over Thailand. I've witnessed how Shenzhen in less than twenty years has changed form a backwater rural community into one of the world most vibrant city. Chinese are no-nonsense business minded people who have proved they can easily grow and prosper in Thailand. Since Thailand has decided to widely open the doors, we can expect an even more rapid take over in the coming years. Will the old Thail elite like it ? As they share the same disdain for freedom of speech we will probably never know ;-)

Edited by JohnnyJazz

While this stupidity was taking place, the foreign minister just lost the potential of billions of baht of exports. It won't make the news in Thailand, but at the TPP negotiations in Maui, Japan and the USA had reached a deal on automobiles, their components and market access.

The Trans Pacific Partnership aka TPP is arguably one of the most important trade negotiations underway and could have helped Thailand's floundering economy had Thailand been a participant. This agreement would have seen Japan use parts from Thailand and not Mexico or Canada. Mexico and Canada who have vital investments in the sector have stopped the deal. It was predicted that in excess of 100,000 jobs in North America would have been lost with the transfer to Asia, particularly Thailand.

Had Thailand not ignored the TPP things most likely would have been different. The generals of Bangkok appear to be absolutely clueless when it comes to building the Thai economy. I still can't believe this hasn't been reported by any Thai media.

Marriages are made in heaven , then for some turn to Hell, now trying not to become too explicit , one wonders who will end up f!!!g who, with this new engagement now that Thailand has Divorced the US and the West , one can see the writing on the wall , but like all lovers, love is blind as to what this partnership will bring and like all previous relationships on the soaps , when this one becomes unstuck just watch your previous old lovers piss themselves with laughter. coffee1.gif

While this stupidity was taking place, the foreign minister just lost the potential of billions of baht of exports. It won't make the news in Thailand, but at the TPP negotiations in Maui, Japan and the USA had reached a deal on automobiles, their components and market access.

The Trans Pacific Partnership aka TPP is arguably one of the most important trade negotiations underway and could have helped Thailand's floundering economy had Thailand been a participant. This agreement would have seen Japan use parts from Thailand and not Mexico or Canada. Mexico and Canada who have vital investments in the sector have stopped the deal. It was predicted that in excess of 100,000 jobs in North America would have been lost with the transfer to Asia, particularly Thailand.

Had Thailand not ignored the TPP things most likely would have been different. The generals of Bangkok appear to be absolutely clueless when it comes to building the Thai economy. I still can't believe this hasn't been reported by any Thai media.

Mexico now is the place to be, it also has the same rules and regs as US and Canada believe it or not. it also manufactures the most LCD TV sets , well above Japan , as You say Thailand is the loser run by tossers.

So much for ASEAN solidarity and united in one voice. Not even a day passed, ASEAN leaders put up united strong rebuke to China on their intrusion in the disputed Spratly Island and you have this nitwit throw a spanner in that blunt retort. This regime march to their own drumbeat and is embarrassing when they engage in any foreign matters. Must be trait aped from his leader.

China is like a very slick and savvy con-artist. They will tell you everything you want to hear, they will make it seem like all your dreams will come true if you will only follow them down the "yellow brick road"...then when the sting comes you will find you have lost everything.

Good luck Thailand.

I seriously doubt you would see it in Thai media for one simple reason: It would make Thailand look bad, i.e. "lose face".

But one Thai general appears to be especially enamored. Foreign Minister General Tanasak Patimapragorn made a surprise declaration while standing on a podium with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi. "If I were a woman I will fall in love with his excellency,"

Well then, there are quite a few clinics and hospitals that can help fulfill the General's sentiment. I'm sure the taxpayer would gladly pay for this particular bill, just to see the outcome: The first Thai Ladyboy General jumping in the sack with this excellent Chinese counterpart, just don't forget to count your parts after the honeymoon.

Edited by klauskunkel

"If I were a woman I will fall in love with his excellency," he told reporters in English, much to the surprise of China’s top foreign envoy who appeared somewhat unsure how to respond.

Just be sure to use protection. No telling what you might pick up during one of those late night sessions.