Trump the main attraction at 1st Republican election debate

webfact

Would have been great if the Fox Bobble Heads let Trump answer that viewer question near the end - what was it again - something about receiving "a word" from god (didn't indicate which one).

Cruz and Walker tied for first place on the Fox Bible Belt Slime-O-Meter. Not sure which is worse. The prospect that they exaggerated their religious fervor to pander to the religious vote. Or that they were totally serious.

I think Trump would say he's rich. REALLY RICH! So he bought god, and rents him out to the government and political parties.

I was totally boggled that Fox would even put religion into the Q & A ( it wasn't a debate ). Unbelievable to be so stupid.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just how much airtime as he purchased on F-F-Fox news?

This bloke is a Shermon short of George Patton & totally out of step with the era.

They are terrified that he will go independent and fracture the right wing vote.

So they are going to do their best to bury him when the time is right.

I like Ted Cruz and also Dr. Ben Carson.

Also like the way Trump tweaks the media and the Dems.

Wild Card would be Trump as President and Dennis Miller as his Press Secretary.

No idea who his VP would be though. Maybe Bill O'Reilly?

Hillary is done and "Bernie" the Commie is not a viable candidate.

A Republican will win in 2016, it's just a matter of who and right now, it looks like Trump, but it's way too early to tell.

It might take a non-politician but someone with business acumen like Donald Trump to stop the Colonization of America and get the Country back on track economically as well because most of these politicians are too scared of offending Hispanic voters and won't get tough on illegal immigration.

Trump resonates with voters because he is brutally honest and despite the fact that he is a Billionaire, he talks to the people, not at them or down to them.

Compared to Obama, who will take 10 minutes to answer one question, Trump will answer 10 questions in one minute and will not be verbose.

Not to mention Obama's arrogance.

Look at Thailand - You can't illegally immigrate there, you can't leach off of the government, you can't work unless you are a citizen, you can't get free medical treatment, etc...

America needs to crack down hard on Illegal Immigration as does the UK, Germany, Italy and many other Countries or they will cease to exist.

America simply cannot continue to support Millions of Illegal Aliens and the children they subsequently have here that collect government benefits.

Build a wall and crack down hard on hiring them, renting to them, giving them government benefits, free medical, education, no more driver licenses, automobile ownership, etc...and they will self-deport.

A Republican will win in 2016, it's just a matter of who and right now, it looks like Trump, but it's way too early to tell.

It might take a non-politician but someone with business acumen like Donald Trump to stop the Colonization of America and get the Country back on track economically as well because most of these politicians are too scared of offending Hispanic voters and won't get tough on illegal immigration.

Trump resonates with voters because he is brutally honest and despite the fact that he is a Billionaire, he talks to the people, not at them or down to them.

Compared to Obama, who will take 10 minutes to answer one question, Trump will answer 10 questions in one minute and will not be verbose.

Look at Thailand - You can't illegally immigrate there, you can't leach off of the government, you can't work unless you are a citizen, you can't get free medical treatment, etc...

America needs to crack down hard on Illegal Immigration as does the UK, Germany, Italy and many other Countries or they will cease to exist.

America simply cannot continue to support Millions of Illegal Aliens and the children they subsequently have here that collect government benefits.

Build a wall and crack down hard on hiring them, renting to them, giving them government benefits, free medical, education, no more driver licenses, automobile ownership, etc...and they will self-deport.

Don't dismiss Uncle Joe, if Hillary implodes. I find it difficult to believe that any GOP candidate will be able to gain majority support in a General Election.

Don't dismiss Uncle Joe, if Hillary implodes. I find it difficult to believe that any GOP candidate will be able to gain majority support in a General Election.

I didn't list Biden for a reason - he's unelectable.

Edited by PHP87

When Hillary's in the pokey

Everyone reading these threads knows that your political predictions always turn out to be wrong.

In fact, as you are undoubtedly the greatest contrary indicator of future political events that we have on ThaiVisa, its regrettable to say that Secretary Clinton will likely emerge from this scandal unscathed.

its regrettable to say that President Clinton will likely emerge from this scandal unscathed.

Fixed it for you. (That's a forecast, BTW, not a wish...)

Hillary is all but done.

1zz283k.jpg

I think he's a lot more electable than Trump!

I think you're wrong, as does the voters of America.

Biden is a walking gaffe machine.

Again, he's unelectable.

Again, he's unelectable.

We'll see, but current opinion polls suggest otherwise.

Exactly and the right misses this point completely.

All this year the money is on the Democratic party to win the presidency in the coming election over the Republican party. No names, just party.

Throw in names and the money is on HRC, or Joe Biden, or Bernie Sanders, or Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Harold Stassen.

CNN/ORC poll earlier this week has HRC beating every Republican candidate, as do the other polls.

The Republican party and the teabagging rightwingers that control it have had to conclude the only way for them to prevail in this election is by hook or by crook. So this is what we're getting from them. By hook or by crook or by Trump.

Again, he's unelectable.

What poll has Biden above 5%?

Again, he's unelectable.

A recent poll I saw had Biden at 12%...and the guy hasn't even declared yet! Another poll I saw had over 50% of HRC supporters wanting Biden to run.

The GOP is a circus right now. Even HRC and her baggage can pull out a win over any Republican nominee. But if Biden runs, the Dems will win in a landslide.

Exactly and the right misses this point completely.

All this year the money is on the Democratic party to win the presidency in the coming election over the Republican party. No names, just party.

Throw in names and the money is on HRC, or Joe Biden, or Bernie Sanders, or Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Harold Stassen.

CNN/ORC poll earlier this week has HRC beating every Republican candidate, as do the other polls.

The Republican party and the teabagging rightwingers that control it have had to conclude the only way for them to prevail in this election is by hook or by crook. So this is what we're getting from them. By hook or by crook or by Trump.

Hillary's numbers are falling like a rock out of the sky and it has been established that the server was indeed wiped.

When asked, she said "Wiped with what, a cloth?"

Playing stupid wont get her elected.

She will likely be indicted or drop out of the race.

Trump's numbers are going up while hers are dropping.

Hillary is not going to make it to the finish line. No way she survives this scandal as she will likely be indicted soon.

Biden, O'Malley, Sanders and the rest are all unelectable.

Hillary is the only Dem that can win and she will likely be indicted.

Even if she isn't, her likely and trustworthy numbers are rapidly tanking.

No way she or any Dem is elected.

It will be a Republican. Just a matter of which one.

Edited by PHP87

There are people who need accurate and timely information, so, from RealClearPolitics polls and polling averages which are not all one way for either party...

Bush vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 43, Bush 42 Biden +1

Walker vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 43, Walker 43 Tie

Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 49, Trump 37 Biden +12

Bush vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Bush 44, Sanders 39 Bush +5

Walker vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Walker 42, Sanders 37 Walker +5

Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 45, Trump 37 Sanders +8

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/#

Also from the same source....

Bush vs. Sanders CNN/Opinion Research Bush 48, Sanders 47 Bush +1

Trump vs. Sanders CNN/Opinion Research Sanders 59, Trump 38 Sanders +21

Walker vs. Sanders CNN/Opinion Research Walker 43, Sanders 48 Sanders +5

Note: It's broadly acknowledged almost every polling organization has a slight bias, in these particular instances, Quinnipiac for the Republicans, CNN for the Democrats.

Edited by Publicus

Again, he's unelectable.

A recent poll I saw had Biden at 12%...and the guy hasn't even declared yet! Another poll I saw had over 50% of HRC supporters wanting Biden to run.

The GOP is a circus right now. Even HRC and her baggage can pull out a win over any Republican nominee. But if Biden runs, the Dems will win in a landslide.

Certainly Joe is more likeable than Hillary.

Everybody likes Joe. But some in the White House fear that going through a mud-slinging Presidential campaign may tarnish his reputation and legacy, which is one of being the respected elder statesman. I just wonder how HRC would take it.

Everybody likes Joe. But some in the White House fear that going through a mud-slinging Presidential campaign may tarnish his reputation and legacy, which is one of being the respected elder statesman. I just wonder how HRC would take it.

I think Joe will only enter the race if HRC is forced out.

There are people who need accurate and timely information, so, from RealClearPolitics polls and polling averages which are not all one way for either party...

Note: It's broadly acknowledged almost every polling organization has a slight bias, in these particular instances, Quinnipiac for the Republicans, CNN for the Democrats.

I've seen polls on RCP where Bush is ahead of HRC as is Rubio.

I've also seen the CNN and FNC poll that has Trump within 5-6% of HRC and Trump wasn't even on the radar 2 months ago.

HRC's numbers are tanking, her favorability and trustworthy numbers are upside down and continue to fall.

Sanders is a Socialist and is unelectable. Same with Biden.

The only candidate the Dems have that is electable is HRC and she is damaged goods.

Again, I like Ted Cruz, but my instincts tell me that Trump will win as he has gone from being a non-factor to the ascending candidate.

We'll know more at this time next year.

But Biden and Sanders as well as O'Malley are not POTUS material.

This bloke is a Shermon short of George Patton & totally out of step with the era.

What makes you think he pays? He is newsworthy and pays ZERO.

He made YOU pay attention, didn't he, biggrin.png .

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I've also seen the CNN and FNC poll that has Trump within 5-6% of HRC and Trump wasn't even on the radar 2 months ago.

HRC's numbers are tanking, her favorability and trustworthy numbers are upside down and continue to fall.

The only candidate the Dems have that is electable is HRC and she is damaged goods.

Again, I like Ted Cruz, but my instincts tell me that Trump will win as he has gone from being a non-factor to the ascending candidate.

It says much about the attrocious state of US politics that the only choice at present is between a lying crook and a brash entertainer. There just aren't any sane electable people that care about the USA standing. I blame the media for scaring off any decent people. They are mainly scum partisan mediocrities that sieze on any bad thing to fixate on. When was the last time you watched the news and it made you feel happy to watch it?

The only candidate the Dems have that is electable is HRC and she is damaged goods

Polls are not definitive and are only a snapshot at this point in time, although trends might sometimes indicate something. All the same, it's worth noting the polls contradict you because they indicate Sanders or Biden are eminently electable. I'd also pointed out in a post that in a straight up contest between the Democratic party or the Republican party for president, the oddsmakers have the Democratic party winning the election (no names, just party voting). I'd point this out while recognising your opinion is indeed your opinion same as everyone else. In your instance however you simply can't point to the polls to support your particular opinions which is what the post does in the case of Trump and also the straight up party vote for prez.

The only candidate the Dems have that is electable is HRC and she is damaged goods

Polls are not definitive and are only a snapshot at this point in time, although trends might sometimes indicate something. All the same, it's worth noting the polls contradict you because they indicate Sanders or Biden are eminently electable. I'd also pointed out in a post that in a straight up contest between the Democratic party or the Republican party for president, the oddsmakers have the Democratic party winning the election (no names, just party voting). I'd point this out while recognising your opinion is indeed your opinion same as everyone else. In your instance however you simply can't point to the polls to support your particular opinions which is what the post does in the case of Trump and also the straight up party vote for prez.

That people would elect a president that is supposed to be a president for ALL people purely on party lines sight unseen shows just how sick American politics is and how divided the country has become.

I only care because the American president affects the whole world, unfortunately, and I don't want to suffer because the American people elect an idiot. The current and previous one have pretty much stuffed the western way of life, and another incompetent is asking too much for all us that don't even get a vote.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

What makes you think he pays? He is newsworthy and pays ZERO.

He made YOU pay attention, didn't he, biggrin.png .

Just like a car crash makes you pay attention. Doesnt mean you like it.

Why do you think boxers trash talk, gets people to watch them, even though they watchin the hope they get beaten.