The queue for immigration this morning.

DavidOxon

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai Post is extremely reliable ; particularly the "rong tabien" service they offer. We have a very high volume of post that we put through the system and seldom ever have a problem. Even then, it is rectified immediately. Can't say the same for the post in several European countries (even Deutsche Post), as well as the American Post.

To be worried about sending a 90-day in the post is ridiculous.

To fault the United States Post Office means you know nothing about it. Probably the best in the World sir.

RUBBISH

Thai Post is extremely reliable ; particularly the "rong tabien" service they offer. We have a very high volume of post that we put through the system and seldom ever have a problem. Even then, it is rectified immediately. Can't say the same for the post in several European countries (even Deutsche Post), as well as the American Post.

To fault the United States Post Office means you know nothing about it. Probably the best in the World sir.

RUBBISH

Agreed; i'd put them in the bottom five !

"Speaking at the Expat's Club?"

Be sure to give them some good, positive spin about Immig.

Right, will do. I will really get some fine 'face' today.

Personally, I applaud CM Expat Club for inviting CM Immigration to speak in front of their members. Nancy, the expat club leader has done an incredible job running this organization. Nancy should receive more recognition for this and all of her volunteer work in the Chiang Mai community.

This was a great opportunity for CM Immigration to address a large segment of the expat community in CM, explaining their future goals. I thought their presentation was both interesting and informative. However, something went terribly wrong by the time their presentation ended, and the grand opening of their new office at Promenada.

Maybe CM Immigration should consider immediately getting their online queue for yearly appointments functional again, and make serious improvements to stream line their services. Another area of concern, is their apparent lack of compassion for elderly expats that have to spend the day sitting outside the immigration air-conditioned office while waiting to have their papers processed. OMG, what are these people thinking.

This thread shows some concern for the elderly. Not to be harsh but if they can't comply with whats needed to stay in Thailand there is an option to return to home country.

Unless one has foolishly burned all bridges back.

You are being harsh, unthinking, callous and uncaring. Apart from being old in what way are they not complying?

For many of these people Thailand is their home. Their families are here, their friends are here.

To do what you suggesting would be a terrible upheaval and mean people living out their lives in their country of origin, alone.

Why would you wish that on them?

Personally, I applaud CM Expat Club for inviting CM Immigration to speak in front of their members. Nancy, the expat club leader has done an incredible job running this organization. Nancy should receive more recognition for this and all of her volunteer work in the Chiang Mai community.

This was a great opportunity for CM Immigration to address a large segment of the expat community in CM, explaining their future goals. I thought their presentation was both interesting and informative. However, something went terribly wrong by the time their presentation ended, and the grand opening of their new office at Promenada.

Maybe CM Immigration should consider immediately getting their online queue for yearly appointments functional again, and make serious improvements to stream line their services. Another area of concern, is their apparent lack of compassion for elderly expats that have to spend the day sitting outside the immigration air-conditioned office while waiting to have their papers processed. OMG, what are these people thinking.

This thread shows some concern for the elderly. Not to be harsh but if they can't comply with whats needed to stay in Thailand there is an option to return to home country.

As a compassionate human being (if you are one, which I doubt) you're quite a piece of work. Why not campaign for eugenics for the 'useless eaters' as Henry Kissinger would say.

RUBBISH

Not to stray too far off topic but:

"In late 2011, Oxford Strategic Consulting, a British firm, released a report ranking the postal services of the G-20 countries based on three metrics: "provision of access to vital services," "operational resource efficiency," and "performance and public trust." Guess who came in first? That's right: the good old U.S. of A."

and

"The U.S. Postal Service scored the highest for efficiency, even as it delivers far more letters per employee -- 268,894 in 2010 -- than other services in the G20. Japan Post, which came in second, delivers 103,149 letters per employee, and Australia Post, which placed third, delivers 166,776."

and

"All told, the USPS accounts for 40 percent of the world's mail volume (yes, that figure counts your Victoria's Secret catalogues)"

Japan, Korea, Canada, and Australia rounded out the top five.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/06/news/economy/postal_service/

http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2013/02/which_country_has_the_worlds_b.html

Just tried the mail in 90 day,

Posted Saturday EMS (51bht inc envelope), signed for Tuesday and posted same day (51bht SAE inc envelope), arrived EMS today.

102Bht total cost, but only 75days (lost 14 days because posted 14 days early as recommended)

Posted Saturday EMS (51bht inc envelope), signed for Tuesday and posted same day (51bht SAE inc envelope), arrived EMS today.

102Bht total cost, but only 75days (lost 14 days because posted 14 days early as recommended)

Thought you'd have got your travel agent or PA to assist with that.

Thought you'd have got your travel agent or PA to assist with that.

Retired now, no employees left (apart from the wife).

RUBBISH

Best in United States, the same as in baseball's 'World Series'

elektrified, did you read the statistics posted by another poster ? Your rubbish comment is rubbish.

USA Post is terrible. Correos Espana is hit and miss as is Deutsche Post. Czech Post and Slovenska Posta are both terrible. I've done high volume with them all.

None of them offer the service on a level that Thai Post does. Rong Tabien is particularly good. If something goes missing, the manager of the branch seems to take it personally and will go out of their way to find that package. They will track down that package, call you, see when you will be home and send a messenger specially to deliver the one package. We've had it happen several times. The driver even calls to check if your home.

I once sent an envelope to Germany containing about 300 Euros cash. I sent it rong tabien from Mae Ping branch. It went all the way to Germany and back to Bangkok, then disappeared from the tracking. My contact in Germany said he never got a notice from Deutsche Post and the envelope had been returned to Thailand. I contacted the manager at Mae Ping. He asked what the contents were and I told him. He shook his head and snapped at me that people aren't supposed to send cash. He had me sign a claim form but pointed out the maximum insurance was only 1500 Baht - a far cry from 300 Euros but I would have to lie and claim "collectible money" as cash is not covered. He stuck the form in his desk and said to "give him some time. He will find it." If not, then he had the form. He asked for my number and my wife's number. About 2 months passed and one day the wife got a call. He had the envelope. Come by and pick it up. Amazing service for about 80 Baht.

You are being harsh, unthinking, callous and uncaring. Apart from being old in what way are they not complying?

For many of these people Thailand is their home. Their families are here, their friends are here.

To do what you suggesting would be a terrible upheaval and mean people living out their lives in their country of origin, alone.

Why would you wish that on them?

Perhaps circusman could point out where in the immigration requirements it says states to the best of my knowledge the immigration doesn't care what way you do to get it. You can get an agent or get some one to get in line for you.

Going back to your home country because you are old and infirmed is ridicules. There are other ways.

Anyone ever been to UK immigration services in Croydon, London?

My stepson (in 2006) spent 2 DAYS queuing up there, open to the elements.

Regards.

The Romans got it right, they called the Britanniae barbarians. The Romans were probably met on the shores of Kent by the Department of Immigration and Visas and judged all Britanniae by these immigration officers.

It would seem Chiang Mai Immigration is trying to emulate their Croydon counterparts and doing a bloody good job at it.

Maybe we should arrive at Promenada with a legion or two with us for the annual extension. I don't think the Romans had to wait long.

Why would you think "immigration needed a warning of the influx of people doing the 90 day in person." This is what these people do for a living. Immigration officers are well aware of how many expats are residing in Chiang Mai. Immigration requires foreigners to show up at their office every 90 days, and once a year for the yearly visa, and they aren't prepared???

Immigration does not require foreigners to show up at their office every 90 days. Who told you that? Only once a year for annual extension of visa. I have only showed up once a year for perhaps 5 years now. 90 day done by post.

I have always visited the immigration office for the nonsensical 90 day required reporting because I never fully trusted the Thai mail. It seems being able to do the 90 day via computer would be more efficient for immigration, and would certainly be more efficient for retirees living here.

I think its time for CM Immigration to shape up and professionalise their services. There is no reason for the negative environment immigration has created for foreigners because of their unwillingness or inability to efficiently process their requirements for foreigners who visit or have retired to Thailand.

cheesy.gif I was expecting 2 parcels from UK but never got any but I guess it was just bad luck or since a thai never do anything wrong ... it must have been the UK Postal service ... gigglem.gif

Wow, thanks for sharing your compassion for elderly foreigners living in CM. I'm sure most have never considered returning to their home country or another foreign location. Do you have any ideas that would help immigration?

An easy way would be for immigration staff would to give say the first 5 or so que nos to say those over 80 if no takers 75,Also those who are wheelchair bound take the early nos. simple.

elektrified, did you read the statistics posted by another poster ? Your rubbish comment is rubbish.

USA Post is terrible. Correos Espana is hit and miss as is Deutsche Post. Czech Post and Slovenska Posta are both terrible. I've done high volume with them all.

None of them offer the service on a level that Thai Post does. Rong Tabien is particularly good. If something goes missing, the manager of the branch seems to take it personally and will go out of their way to find that package. They will track down that package, call you, see when you will be home and send a messenger specially to deliver the one package. We've had it happen several times. The driver even calls to check if your home.

I once sent an envelope to Germany containing about 300 Euros cash. I sent it rong tabien from Mae Ping branch. It went all the way to Germany and back to Bangkok, then disappeared from the tracking. My contact in Germany said he never got a notice from Deutsche Post and the envelope had been returned to Thailand. I contacted the manager at Mae Ping. He asked what the contents were and I told him. He shook his head and snapped at me that people aren't supposed to send cash. He had me sign a claim form but pointed out the maximum insurance was only 1500 Baht - a far cry from 300 Euros but I would have to lie and claim "collectible money" as cash is not covered. He stuck the form in his desk and said to "give him some time. He will find it." If not, then he had the form. He asked for my number and my wife's number. About 2 months passed and one day the wife got a call. He had the envelope. Come by and pick it up. Amazing service for about 80 Baht.

Two months you say. And you call that good service. Rubbish.

Archived