The queue for immigration this morning.

DavidOxon

Actually, the US puts them through Hell, too, and I've wondered if it is a payback. However, I think us Americans have a legitimate beef with our State Department, and our Consulate, on this matter. I see no one else, to complain to. Perhaps some letters to the State Department's Head of SE Asia...notifying him/her that we are playing by the rules, but getting "dissed." I know people, who will hand deliver the letters. Last time I checked, the head of the Consulate, graduated from a rival high school.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its no wonder that Foreigners are leaving Thailand by the truck load... This is a bloody disgrace to have ques like this at Gov dept.

I did my 90 day report at Korat last Monday. From the time I parked the car till I returned to the car was about 5 minutes, so I have no

complaints. But this B/S at Chaing Mai is just a disgrace.sad.png

Its no wonder that Foreigners are leaving Thailand by the truck load... This is a bloody disgrace to have ques like this at Gov dept.

I did my 90 day report at Korat last Monday. From the time I parked the car till I returned to the car was about 5 minutes, so I have no

Funny man you claim they are leaving Thailand by the truck load on a thread where they are complaining about having to stand in a line for hours to make their report. It would seem that the line is getting longer and there also are a lot mailing in there 90 day.

In my opinion the only thing we can do is go as a large group to are Embassies and ask them for help. One or two here and there will just be ignored. Get the British in on this also they have a large population here.

Funny man you claim they are leaving Thailand by the truck load on a thread where they are complaining about having to stand in a line for hours to make their report. It would seem that the line is getting longer and there also are a lot mailing in there 90 day.

In my opinion the only thing we can do is go as a large group to are Embassies and ask them for help. One or two here and there will just be ignored. Get the British in on this also they have a large population here.

Nothing funny about being in that line all day.

Where I live, I know of 5 foreigners that have left Thailand over the past couple months for different reasons, that is in a group of about 50 houses.

IMO a lot more would leave if they didn't have investments and family here.

Nothing funny about being in that line all day.

Where I live, I know of 5 foreigners that have left Thailand over the past couple months for different reasons, that is in a group of about 50 houses.

IMO a lot more would leave if they didn't have investments and family here.

My life in Thailand has been very good except for one aspect.

Visits to CNX I/O are a PITA.

After 13 years with an O-A retirement visa, why all this reporting?

I have committed no crimes (except on ThaiVisa), pay my debts on time all the time, only fart in bed occasionally.

How about a break?

My idea of a good day out does not include a visit to CNX I/O.

Some were there at 4am yesterday and still there at 4pm when I left! People in their seventies and in wheelchairs should be shown more respect than to be left out all day like cattle!

They are there by choice. Perhaps they are not up on current events making the 90 day report a snap.

Online or mail. It may be immigration's sincerest wish for these people to learn the new system, and quit clogging up the aisles

The 4:AM crowd aren't there for 90s more than likely trying to get their yearly or visa extension. Especially if still there in late afternoon. Failed system, failed RTP.... nothing new there.

Poster did say the longest line in the picture was for the 90 day reporting.

Bad thing is, they just tie up the few staff that are available....for more pressing visa matters.

Please do it online...or mail...don't tie up the few personnel there, just for a 90 day report

My life in Thailand has been very good except for one aspect.

Visits to CNX I/O are a PITA.

After 13 years with an O-A retirement visa, why all this reporting?

I have committed no crimes (except on ThaiVisa), pay my debts on time all the time, only fart in bed occasionally.

How about a break?

My idea of a good day out does not include a visit to CNX I/O.

Been listening to Queen lately?

I've paid my dues, time after time

I've done my sentence, but committed no crime

And bad mistakes, I've made a few....

I have a Blue Book for my condo, and I also have a Yellow Book, with my name in it. My advice is to make sure you get it, when you buy a condo (at least the Blue), and that will make getting the Yellow a little easier. Somewhere in between a root canal and a kidney donation. But it seems to be hard to beat for opening a bank account or showing your address to Immigration, or vehicle related matters...no "letter" needed.

I have a number of questions regarding 90 day reporting

1. If someone's 90 day report is due on 22 August is it too late to do it online?

2. What about posting it in, is it too late?

Where do you post it to if you live in Chiang Mai and what is the procedure?

3. Last time I did a 90 day reporting I didn't need a certificate of residence.That hasn't changed has it?

4. Last time my family arrived in Thailand 6th July the Immigration officer didn't staple our TM6 Departure cards into their respective passports. Now we have 3 departure cards but we don't know which passports they refer to. Should I go to Chiang Mai Immigration near the Airport or Promenada office to find out which one is which. When I lost one earlier this year I went to the office near the Airport and it took them only 15 minutes to get a duplicate TM6 and staple it into the correct passport.

What I do is keep a calendar. It requires a minimum of effort to write your visa schedules (and bill payments/appointments).

This saves a hellish - like trip to CM immigration...who have no possible way to handle the number of 90 day reporters in person. You then mail it in two weeks before your due date. Online is crazy easy...do that 10 days before. Just write it down in your appointment calendar. It is called time management 101. No excuses for being late, rushing around, and standing in the sun for 10 hours.

I have a number of questions regarding 90 day reporting

1. If someone's 90 day report is due on 22 August is it too late to do it online?

2. What about posting it in, is it too late?

Where do you post it to if you live in Chiang Mai and what is the procedure?

3. Last time I did a 90 day reporting I didn't need a certificate of residence.That hasn't changed has it?

4. Last time my family arrived in Thailand 6th July the Immigration officer didn't staple our TM6 Departure cards into their respective passports. Now we have 3 departure cards but we don't know which passports they refer to. Should I go to Chiang Mai Immigration near the Airport or Promenada office to find out which one is which. When I lost one earlier this year I went to the office near the Airport and it took them only 15 minutes to get a duplicate TM6 and staple it into the correct passport.

1. yes

2. no, you can squeak by in mailing it. Procedure here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

3. no need for Cert. of Res.

4. if your family arrived on 6 July, then their 90 day reports aren't due yet. In any event, you've got a problem in matching up departure cards with the person. Visit the Old Immigration Office at the airport and be very apologetic. The new office at Promenada doesn't have their computer systems operating yet.

Take a look at your last entry stamp in the passport. One of my passports have the TM number handwritten on it and believe I've seen in the Visa forum someone pointing that out also. If you are lucky, may be able to match up passports to the TM6.

I just looked at my TM6, though it is 21 years old, and the passport number is hand written on it. Would assume the current ones would also have it unless you didn't write it in.

Crikey, does that mean you haven't been out of Thailand for 21 years. You really must love the kingdom.

I just looked at my TM6, though it is 21 years old, and the passport number is hand written on it. Would assume the current ones would also have it unless you didn't write it in.

Crikey, does that mean you haven't been out of Thailand for 21 years. You really must love the kingdom.

Or something to do with extradition treaties. laugh.png

I have been told that an acquaintance had a mild Heart attack while queuing at Promenada immigration the other day.

A victory for Chiang Mai Immigration and the visa agent who will from now on be handling his immigration affairs.

I suppose it will take a fatal heart attack or two before this appalling situation is rectified.

I have been told that an acquaintance had a mild Heart attack while queuing at Promenada immigration the other day.

A victory for Chiang Mai Immigration and the visa agent who will from now on be handling his immigration affairs.

I suppose it will take a fatal heart attack before this appalling situation is rectified.

I don't see how a fatal heart attack would cause any change at all.

I suppose it will take a fatal heart attack or two before this appalling situation is rectified.

This would seem to be something that would be of interest to the person's Embassy/Consulate. Specifically, first-hand verifiable information, emailed to the person's Consul. Not second-hand barstool or ThaiVisa reports.

This would seem to be something that would be of interest to the person's Embassy/Consulate. Specifically, first-hand verifiable information, emailed to the person's Consul. Not second-hand barstool or ThaiVisa reports.

I apologise for posting.

In future I'll bypass Thai Visa and go straight to the embassy.

Maybe this has been mentioned previously but if there is a Mail-in 90 Day Report-never used it myself- WHY can't people just show-up at Immigration

and fill-out the Mail-in 90 Day Report and put it in a BOX located right there? What makes it different about putting it in the MAIL? Sure if the mail-in

location is somewhere else than that office then Immigration can just send the days deposits to that place?

Might note that many people are intimidated (rightfully so) by the Immigration "system" and would be reluctant to trust the Thai mail to actually get

their mail-in form to where it should go. Thus creating a great deal of anxiety about what their legal status with Immigration might be. Hence they are

going to wait in line for hours rather than "trust" the mail.

Maybe this has been mentioned previously but if there is a Mail-in 90 Day Report-never used it myself- WHY can't people just show-up at Immigration

and fill-out the Mail-in 90 Day Report and put it in a BOX located right there? What makes it different about putting it in the MAIL? Sure if the mail-in

location is somewhere else than that office then Immigration can just send the days deposits to that place?

Might note that many people are intimidated (rightfully so) by the Immigration "system" and would be reluctant to trust the Thai mail to actually get

their mail-in form to where it should go. Thus creating a great deal of anxiety about what their legal status with Immigration might be. Hence they are

going to wait in line for hours rather than "trust" the mail.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I ride horses everywhere because I don't trust those newfangled automo-thingies to work correctly.

Many, many people have reported successfully mailing in their reports. Additionally, if you mail it EMS then you have a record of sending it in (with a receipt signature, I might add)....which is advertised to be your alibi if you never get a receipt back.

I suppose it will take a fatal heart attack before this appalling situation is rectified.

I don't see how a fatal heart attack would cause any change at all.

i don't either.

and Immigration had NOTHING to do with the fact that your acquaintance had a mild heart attack while queuing. absolutely nothing.

Please believe me Immigration do not give a flying F* & K what happened to your friend.coffee1.gif

i am going to try to mail in on wednesday. do i have to use large envelopes not to fold the photocopies or can i use a regular envelope?

thank you for helping to calm my nerves :-)

I folded mine into 1/3s and put in business correspondence sized envelope. (Don't forget to include a SASE for the return.)

Please believe me Immigration do not give a flying F* & K what happened to your friend.coffee1.gif

You're probably right.

But a few bodies on the forecourt outside immigration and the ensuing publicity would probably focus their attention on the problem. There would be a loss of face involved which seems to be a factor that motivates most Thais.

IMO, there ain't no NEW address. Just use the old one coz Immig just picks up the big bag of 90 day reports from the Lamphun PO each evening. Then they carry it away and process the forms. To tell the truth i am very thankful Immig does not charge 100/200/400 baht per report. IT'S FREE!! Yeah, postage is 43 baht.

i am going to try to mail in on wednesday. do i have to use large envelopes not to fold the photocopies or can i use a regular envelope?

thank you for helping to calm my nerves :-)

I folded mine into 1/3s and put in business correspondence sized envelope. (Don't forget to include a SASE for the return.)

thanks! do we have to sign each photocopy?

Archived