They don't make 'em like they used to (search for good toaster)

giddyup

This is not Australia, we live in the land of substandard electrical wiring, ungrounded outlets, lightning strikes, power surges and outages. Don't you use a surge protector for your expensive electronics (tv's, computers, etc.)?

So, should I unplug the microwave, electric jug, TV, stereo, computer, printer, washing machine, fans, aircons, and fridge as well I suppose? Seems like a full-time job.

Hello, surge protector, surge protector, surge protector. You are saying you don't have one for your TV, computer? A friend living at vt5 has just replaced his computer because of voltage surges (he had no protector and now is out 70,000 baht). Use protection for your big ticket items and unplug or use surge protectors for your small appliances. I unplug the toaster, rice maker and coffee pot when not in use. Surge protectors are cheap, available everywhere and good insurance.

Like I said, 6 years and never lost an appliance to a surge yet. If I do, I'll let you be the first to say I told you so.thumbsup.gif
Sure like to know where you are living. No power outages(there is a surge everytime the power goes off and on)and we know the Power Company of Thailand delivers electricity at the proper voltage, frequency and consistency. I am sure that you witnessed your home /condo construction using the highest quality materials and skilled electrians. Have you considered the four toasters you have replaced might be unrelated to the quality of the toaster but other factors? I have been here 6 years too with just one toaster.

This is not Australia, we live in the land of substandard electrical wiring, ungrounded outlets, lightning strikes, power surges and outages. Don't you use a surge protector for your expensive electronics (tv's, computers, etc.)?

So, should I unplug the microwave, electric jug, TV, stereo, computer, printer, washing machine, fans, aircons, and fridge as well I suppose? Seems like a full-time job.

Hello, surge protector, surge protector, surge protector. You are saying you don't have one for your TV, computer? A friend living at vt5 has just replaced his computer because of voltage surges (he had no protector and now is out 70,000 baht). Use protection for your big ticket items and unplug or use surge protectors for your small appliances. I unplug the toaster, rice maker and coffee pot when not in use. Surge protectors are cheap, available everywhere and good insurance.

Like I said, 6 years and never lost an appliance to a surge yet. If I do, I'll let you be the first to say I told you so.thumbsup.gif
Sure like to know where you are living. No power outages(there is a surge everytime the power goes off and on)and we know the Power Company of Thailand delivers electricity at the proper voltage, frequency and consistency. I am sure that you witnessed your home /condo construction using the highest quality materials and skilled electrians. Have you considered the four toasters you have replaced might be unrelated to the quality of the toaster but other factors? I have been here 6 years too with just one toaster.

Used to have quite a few power outages in the early days, not so much now, but if a cheap toaster is the only victim, so be it. The fact that you have had the same toaster for 6 years may have nothing to do with power outages, either lucky or you have a good brand. All my other appliances haven't suffered the same fate as the toasters, electric jug, microwave, blender, turbo oven etc are all still working well. I do unplug things like TV's during major thunderstorms.