proof of where you live. I give up.

Sorry yes I have posted this before but still no joy. I moved into bkk condo with tgf few years back. Some time ago I asked to be put on lease. However it wasn't a new lease, they simply added my name had me sign and they put company stamp. The condo is several stories. I now have my non imm o based on retirement. Go to bkk imm in 50 days to apply for extension. Finally got the gf to go down talk to manager. I explained the TM30. also pointed out they would prob need to do one now (as imagined they did not...no farang live here) also need to date lease to match....and yes the hotel management did not do a TM30

The gf comes back with "the manager said she would write letter that I live here.." ...also gave the gf a cell number of English speaking Thai lady expert in visas. Presume visa agent. Between fighting with the gf and hotel management has zero English....help me buddha

Edited by jacksam

OK I have the TM 30 form. It refers to HOUSE MASTER OR OWNER OR POSSESSOR. Does that mean can use the tgf as the possessor. Should it then be dated with date at time of lodgement. The lease now has my name on it so does that mean I have to get condo owner to complete form instead of using the gf? I don't want anyone fined including myself.

Edited by jacksam

OK I have the TM 30 form. It refers to HOUSE MASTER OR OWNER OR POSSESSOR. Does that mean can use the tgf as the possessor. Should it then be dated with date at time of lodgement. The lease now has my name on it so does that mean I have to get condo owner to complete form instead of using the gf? I don't want anyone fined including myself.

If you are on the lease you are also a possessor. You and your GF could sign it.

I does not need to be dated for the date you apply.

I don't recall any reports of Chiang Wattana being insistent on having a TM30 form when you apply for an extension.

When I did my "retirement" extension in BKK, the officer did not want the copy of my lease, handed it straight back to me. She did ask me if I was still at same address as per her computer. I said yes, and that was that....

Edited by Mickmick

When I did my "retirement" extension in BKK, the officer did not want the copy of my lease, handed it straight back to me. She did ask me if I was still at same address as per her computer. I said yes, and that was that....

Thanks Mickmick.... Today I posted the TM30 form. Interested in what you took to imm for your extension.

Bankbook....bank letter.

Application form photos. Passport obviously. Some photocopies....

Anything else?

Never having had a lease in Thailand, I simply brought a business card from the condo as proof of address. Never had any problem.

Some office are OK with that or even nothing. Others are not and want copies of the contract and landloard ID. So it depends on where and when you apply.

Problem for me is I have lease in my name but landlord refuses to give me a copy of his I'd card thinks I may use it for illegal activities!!!! Explained this to immigration a hundred times even called landlord to speak to them result shrug of shoulders and you need his I'd ??????.

Sutty, I see the frustration. I as yet have not applied for my extension. Problem is here and more so other threads the range of members experience ranges from being fined for landlord not filing a tm30 to comments like ....what's the problem, I have never been asked for proof of residence.

I can understand owner not providing id card. Would be lovely if Thai immigration provided a standard form to cover the proof of where you live.

I'm waiting to receive a yellow house book in my name as a foreigner to hopefully eliminate problems proving where I live when in Thailand. I will update if I receive it before I leave in 3 weeks and then future updates if it is of any benefit when I return again fwiw. New to Thailand and have benefited from the posters on this forum and thanks to all who are willing to pass on their experience.

On side note. My condo owner gave me visa agent contact. After some checking he told me he could get the12 month extension done on mMonday with a multi reentry permit. I only got my non imm o few days ago. I fly out Thailand a LOT. Anyway I needed get bank letter and turn up to imm bkk Monday where agent rep would do paperwork. 15000bht. If I do my original plan which is multi reentry at airport Tuesday. Wait till last 45 days and apply extension and new multi reentry....my total 9700 plus running around costs. The 15000 included everything. I can see why people use agents. However I wonder if its all legal. Agent was farang UK.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm waiting to receive a yellow house book in my name as a foreigner to hopefully eliminate problems proving where I live when in Thailand. I will update if I receive it before I leave in 3 weeks and then future updates if it is of any benefit when I return again fwiw. New to Thailand and have benefited from the posters on this forum and thanks to all who are willing to pass on their experience.

Update:

I provided a translated copy of my passport as requested. A week after submitting everything we were told the PP needed to be authenticated and legalized. I suspected this when the translation service suggested such but my wife felt it wasn't stipulated and I was unable to travel to BKK and return to the country before departure so we tried submitting translation only with no luck.

I went to U.S. Embassy the day before departure for authentication and the translation service will complete legalization and forward to my wife for submission to the Amphurs office.

The lady knows I am gone and said she will hold all documents until my return when I can come in and sign for my yellow house book.

I overheard an American frustrated at needing to get his passport authenticated when I was at the embassy previously and should have taken the clue and had mine done then.

At least I wasn't frustrated because this forum has helped me to expect anything and I again thank the contributors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk