Pattaya faces Indian boycott over failure to end jet ski scams

Rimmer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like another Jet Ski thread to let the dogs out, foaming at the mouth. You know what I say? More power to em. If they can keep the Indians out of Pattayaa, more power to em!

Any chance of bringing the Jet ski scam up to Bangkok?

Insurance or not the scamming will keep happening. And with the tacit backing of powerful people, City Hall and/or the Police will do nothing about it.

Get used to it, corruption is alive and well despite the moving of lips in Bangkok.

Perhaps we should be asking where is Article 44 when it is needed? Ain't going to happen anytime soon despite the protestations from other countries. Thai love to talk and do nothing. coffee1.gif

The Indians know about the scams but still rent the jet skis? Jeez.. how dumb can you get? Just don't hire them and enjoy the rest Pattaya has to offer (whatever that is)

The Indians are renowned for their thrifty ways negotiating skills. Several to a room, several share a beer, several share the services of a lady, given the chance etc etc. If they're so worldly wise, how come they continue to get caught by these thug extortionists?

The new Pm promised to fix the jet ski scams. Pattaya has to many crooked police and politicians to make these scams end. The PM needs to clean house of all the corruption in Pattaya. New PM but same ol same ol!

Nothing like another Jet Ski thread to let the dogs out, foaming at the mouth. You know what I say? More power to em. If they can keep the Indians out of Pattayaa, more power to em!

Any chance of bringing the Jet ski scam up to Bangkok?

So tell us, are you a little racist or horribly racist?

If pattaya government doesn't give a shit of the complaints of tourists,less and less tourists will come to visit the city which was once the top choice of foreign visitors.

If I wouldn't have been living in Pattaya for almost 20 Years, I wouldn't belive that such Things like the Jet Ski Scam are able to continue so long with full Knowing-ledge of Authorities & Police, even when we consider to stay in a Banana Republic.?

The solution is simple. If you get scammed. Pay the money and let the dust settle. We all look the same remember!! A week later with a pair of sun gasses and a bit of a disguise rent out the jet ski and bomb it down to the quiet part of the beach where you earlier stashed your canister of petrol. Burn the bitch to the ground, off with your bar wig and moushache and flee on your already parked motor bike near by. that would just about equal things up a bit.

. That's been done by some Brit Lads. Hushed up so the idea hasn't caught on

So you want blame abouta scam on jet ski - and go to police ??

That means you just go to the real owner of the jetskis !!

And you go to city hall ? 555555555555555

he is just the co-owner !! 5555555555555555

Nothing will happen for ever,

a few weeks quiet,

and than with full powwer back again !!

I think PM Prayouth already sucked the head of RTP before a view month,

But seems the new one took businiss over quiet quick !!

Keep the jet skis - maybe the Chineese will also copy the Indians wink.png

Interesting point, but at least this is a start.

More countries should join this boycott. If the international community would advise citizens,that the land of smiles has turned into land of scammers, it would create one big 'loose face situation'.

As usual, some members posting without bothering to really read the OP. It's a warning, a threatened boycott. As of now, there's no boycott to join. It's not a "start" of anything! Just some letters & complaints, which will eventually find their way into their designated filing cabinet - the round one. At MOST, there might be a "meeting", and maybe even a "crackdown" - all designed strictly for foreign consumption by the terminally gullible & naïve. 99% of those reading know exactly what all this amounts to. Nothing. Nada. Rien. Nichts. Niente. ไม่มีอะไร.

The solution is simple. If you get scammed. Pay the money and let the dust settle. We all look the same remember!! A week later with a pair of sun gasses and a bit of a disguise rent out the jet ski and bomb it down to the quiet part of the beach where you earlier stashed your canister of petrol. Burn the bitch to the ground, off with your bar wig and moushache and flee on your already parked motor bike near by. that would just about equal things up a bit.

. That's been done by some Brit Lads. Hushed up so the idea hasn't caught on

Is that for real????

Or wishful thinking ???

As an owner and operator of a boat based business in Pattaya for a number of years, who also also rented our jetski, I'm pleased to hear this.

Of all the nationalities that frequented my business the only one to earn a "complete ban" were Indians (and not the bow and arrow type)

Ultimately it cost more to clean the premises after use than I made in profit and the complaints from our 'female staff' indicated behaviour that was frankly disgusting. This wan't one isolated group but many different ones from varying levels of Indian society (including the so called upper class - who incidentaly were the worst of the lot!)

Due to a traffic accident I've been forced into retirement but if I ever start a business here again there will be a 'No Indians welcome, please go and make a mess in your own country' sign at the front door (or gangplank)

Is there anywhere I can sign up to have the Indians accelerate and encourage their decisiion to not come here?

Cheers AK

As an owner and operator of a boat based business in Pattaya for a number of years, who also also rented our jetski, I'm pleased to hear this.

Of all the nationalities that frequented my business the only one to earn a "complete ban" were Indians (and not the bow and arrow type)

Ultimately it cost more to clean the premises after use than I made in profit and the complaints from our 'female staff' indicated behaviour that was frankly disgusting. This wan't one isolated group but many different ones from varying levels of Indian society (including the so called upper class - who incidentaly were the worst of the lot!)

Due to a traffic accident I've been forced into retirement but if I ever start a business here again there will be a 'No Indians welcome, please go and make a mess in your own country' sign at the front door (or gangplank)

Is there anywhere I can sign up to have the Indians accelerate and encourage their decisiion to not come here?

Cheers AK

I will gladly sign up with you as a hotel and restaurant and a bar owner.

Putting aside 5 man sharing 1 beer or drinking half a beer and demanding to pay only half,as hotel guests rooms can not be sold for at least 24 hours due to bad smell and clocked up drains

Just today had a VIP couple checking out from my cheapest room, had to have 4 police present, as esteemed guests refused to pay any bills, why? just because.

And to top it up, every day they demanded for cleaner to give them her phone so they can call India, no, they were not offering money , just wanted her phone to call India

The city has spent years holding committee meetings, proposing regulations and promising to regulate the industry, limit the number of vendors and impose a mandatory insurance program.

Despite countless promises, nothing being done has actually ended the scams.

Pretty much sums up the INACTION and APATHY of the city officials. Makes you wonder how much they are involved.

Mayor and all his cronies should be removed by the Junta and replaced with somebody with a strong hand and a few M16s.

The city has spent years holding committee meetings, proposing regulations and promising to regulate the industry, limit the number of vendors and impose a mandatory insurance program.

Pretty much sums up the INACTION and APATHY of the city officials. Makes you wonder how much they are involved.

Mayor and all his cronies should be removed by the Junta and replaced with somebody with a strong hand and a few M16s.

Think they have been... Fat lot of good that did...

Think they have been... Fat lot of good that did...

no they werent removed and the army allowed them to let the scam continue it seems

This would have an unbelievable spiraling affect.

Should Indians boycott Pattaya, who would ladyboys be robbing, no doubt they would start to boycott too.

Then of course, well seasoned, used and overweight female customer relations officers working the beach, they would be missing out on 200 baht they could earn

Most bars would be in free fall not having 5 Indian customers sharing 1 beer.

Of course it does not take away from the problem of Jet Ski itself, but can only hope Indians will NOT be boycotting.

But, but, but, you are indeed to goodness correct sir! We will not be opening the Turd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel here.

An even older and more specific act is the 1913 Navigation act. This requires all vessels, including jet-skis, to be registered with the Harbor Department. Furthermore, a person driving a jet-ski must hold at least a Helmsman Level 2 license, a qualification that requires two years’ documented proof of experience aboard a Thai-flagged ship, which would effectively preclude tourists from ever riding a jet ski. - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-making-waves-as-jet-skis-get-legal/18040#ad-image-0