Sports minister urged to investigate president of Thai Football Association

Lite Beer

Sports minister urged to investigate president of Thai Football Association

8-14-2015-11-41-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former manager of the Thai national soccer team has asked Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanawarangkul to investigate the management of the Thai Football Association under the incumbent president Mr Worawi Magudee.

Mr Thawatchai Sajjakul, the ex-manager of the Thai national soccer team, suggested that Mr Worawi might have broken the Thai Sports Act for dishonestly ordering some members of the FAT out of the association.

He also claimed that Mr Worawi owns a total of 5,625 shares in Thai Premier League Company or 45 percent stake while the latter’s associate, Mr Ong-art Korsinka, the association president owns 3,125 shares or 25 percent stake.

Combined together, the two men own 70 percent stake in TPL.

Mr Thawatchai urged the sports minister to fire the entire board of the association and to appoint an interim board in order to hold an election of the board and to take legal action against Mr Worawi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sports-minister-urged-to-investigate-president-of-thai-football-association

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-15

If the Thais don't,I am sure he will be on the Swiss and US

list of people it would like to investigate.

regards Worgeordie

The Thai FA have always been supporters of Sepp Blatter so I suppose this will be another instance of a nasty foreigner teaching innocent Thais bad habits.

Do it!

Better be quick though.

The vultures are soaring above the corrupt carcass of the old FIFA officials.

Judgement awaits those who have exploited the people's game.

Edit: OK. But over the top there but I am at present taking great pleasure as each FIFA official falls.

Edited by Bluespunk

The Thai FA is a company owned by two men? U have to be kidding.

I follow a team in the TPL and I'm not surprised.

Lots of odd decisions, arbitery rulings and suspicious pronouncements benefiting particular teams happen all the time.

2 men running the whole thing, yeah that sounds about right.

The Thai FA is a company owned by two men? U have to be kidding.

I follow a team in the TPL and I'm not surprised.

Lots of odd decisions, arbitery rulings and suspicious pronouncements benefiting particular teams happen all the time.

2 men running the whole thing, yeah that sounds about right.

Absolutely astonishing. That they can have allowed the FA to even be set up as a company.

Oh as far as football in Thailand is concerned it all goes far deeper than just him and his mate who 'own' Thai football.

Not the people's game here.

If only the fans knew what was really going on.

Let's have a look at one or two or perhaps 90% of the clubs and see what's going on.

Oh sorry I forgot, with the exception maybe of Thai Port FC they are solely owned by the Army, the Navy, Politicians and other such like.

Where' s the nearest carpet for sweeping under????

Oh gee where shocked you knocked the wind out of me son

Surely Thais are honest as the days long LOL........ I suprised FIFA have not burnt them at the stake

Hey you must ahve taken note from the old Thai boxing promoter manager concil owner.... He is a robbing dog and pays the boys peanuts his partner is cop and another rat

Oh dear Thailand good luck with the Thainess

It appears that Thawatchai is looking for some kind of revenge against Worawi when he ordered some members of the FAT out of the association. Any connections with Thawatchai? And Thawatchai wants the government to be the tool.

With Worawi and Ong-art together owning 70% in PRIVATELY-HELD Thai Premier League Company, there is nothing Thawatchai can do in civil court. If a criminal act has been allegedly committed, then I'd expect Thawatchai would file a complaint with the police or the Minister of Justice.

But a false complaint might have repercussions against Thawatchai. Hence, Thawatchai's attempt to manipulate the government to intimidate Worawi with an investigation?

The Sports Minister needs to "punt" on Thawatchai's urgings and direct him to the police or DSI.

It appears that Thawatchai is looking for some kind of revenge against Worawi when he ordered some members of the FAT out of the association. Any connections with Thawatchai? And Thawatchai wants the government to be the tool.

With Worawi and Ong-art together owning 70% in PRIVATELY-HELD Thai Premier League Company, there is nothing Thawatchai can do in civil court. If a criminal act has been allegedly committed, then I'd expect Thawatchai would file a complaint with the police or the Minister of Justice.

But a false complaint might have repercussions against Thawatchai. Hence, Thawatchai's attempt to manipulate the government to intimidate Worawi with an investigation?

The Sports Minister needs to "punt" on Thawatchai's urgings and direct him to the police or DSI.