Chiang Mai Immigration On-line Queue Survey

Tywais

Chiang Mai Immigration On-line Queue Survey   

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went to check it out today. About 29 people waiting for 90 day reporting. Desk still had tickets. This at 1pm. Seemed quite relaxed. Visa place next door provides same day service. 500 baht for 90 day and 2000 for retirement visa. If you want to avoid the 4 am queue it's worth considering. Lady told me some arrive at 1am. Hopefully that helps.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Have you used the Chiang Mai Immigration On-line Queue in the past? YES, EVERY YEAR SINCE THEY STARTED IT FOR ANNUAL RENEWAL OF MY RETIREMENT VISA
  2. During the next 12 months would you like to use the Chiang Mai Immigration on-line queue? DEFINITELY
  3. If you answered "Yes" to Question No. 5, what service are you likely to request from Chiang Mai Immigration when you make an on-line queue reservation during the next 12 months? ANNUAL VISA RENEWAL ONLY
  4. Do you have any comments you'd like to share with Chiang Mai Immigration? PLEASE BRING THE ONLINE QUEUE SYSTEM BACK AGAIN - IT WAS GREAT TO HAVE IT!

Come on guys there should be a 100 likes on this one. The poster took some time and effort to type it out so now do your little bit make a tick mark on "Like"

Went in on Monday after getting up at 5.30am and arriving at 6.30am, we were 12th in the line, which became about 40 by 8.30am and they started handing out queue cards by 8.45am, we were served by 10.30am. Of course we had to pay a 2000TB fine for some other trumped up reason as well as treated like cattle. It's a disgrace the way the whole system works in Chiang Mai, fragmented admin offices, ques at every place, always a fine or extra paper work, unhappy staff, angry customers, different rules at different places or by different people etc etc. Something seriously needs to be done to sort out this ridiculous mess at Chiang Mai immigration.

stephenterry...I went to check it out today. About 29 people waiting for 90 day reporting. Desk still had tickets. This at 1pm. Seemed quite relaxed. Visa place next door provides same day service. 500 baht for 90 day and 2000 for retirement visa. If you want to avoid the 4 am queue it's worth considering. Lady told me some arrive at 1am. Hopefully that helps.

Are you saying that when I want to renew my retirement visa all I have to do is go the the office next door and pay 2000 baht and they will do it for me that day or maybe the next day? I would be happy to pay that rather than get there at 5am and maybe wait for hours.

I went to check it out today. About 29 people waiting for 90 day reporting. Desk still had tickets. This at 1pm. Seemed quite relaxed. Visa place next door provides same day service. 500 baht for 90 day and 2000 for retirement visa. If you want to avoid the 4 am queue it's worth considering. Lady told me some arrive at 1am. Hopefully that helps.

Are you sure about 2000 baht for annual retirement extension done the same day??? If this is true it would indeed attract a lot interest, as other visa agents are known for asking over 5000 baht for the same service.

Are you sure about 2000 baht for annual retirement extension done the same day??? If this is true it would indeed attract a lot interest, as other visa agents are known for asking over 5000 baht for the same service.

OK, who are they? What is their name? What is their web site? What is their telephone number? What is their relationship to Thai Immigration Department that they get apparently preferential treatment that you pay for?

OK, who are they? What is their name? What is their web site? What is their telephone number? What is their relationship to Thai Immigration Department that they get apparently preferential treatment that you pay for?
If I told you to go check it out yourself would it be rude? For me time is precious and I don't want to hang around for 12 hours when someone else can do it for me. That's not preferential treatment, it's a service I pay for to have a life

What he *might* be saying is the service is 2000baht

But you still pay the Imm ext fee of 1900 so 4900 Baht total

4900 ...Not far off other agents fee & maybe a bit lower to get a new business foot in the door with customer base?

Is that what you meant Stephen?

Edited by mania

It would be interesting to have a comment on this "new agency" from our new sponsors AssistThaiVisa especially as these guys seem to be moving towards a monopoly and almost a captive audience to ply their business to?

But surely there could not possibly be a direct link to the "new agency" and immigration itself?

4900 ...Not far off other agents fee & maybe a bit lower to get a new business foot in the door with customer base?

2000 + 1900 = 3900

Went in on Monday after getting up at 5.30am and arriving at 6.30am, we were 12th in the line, which became about 40 by 8.30am and they started handing out queue cards by 8.45am, we were served by 10.30am. Of course we had to pay a 2000TB fine for some other trumped up reason as well as treated like cattle. It's a disgrace the way the whole system works in Chiang Mai, fragmented admin offices, ques at every place, always a fine or extra paper work, unhappy staff, angry customers, different rules at different places or by different people etc etc. Something seriously needs to be done to sort out this ridiculous mess at Chiang Mai immigration.

You paid a THB2000 for a reason you don't know? Or were you simply overdue on your report?

Did you notice the name of the immigration agent? Thanks.

So 3,900 all told. I've heard that one agency charges 7,000 all inclusive, plus one year's 90 day reports. I'm only going to take advantage of this 2,000 service deal if IMM can't get their act together (like they do so well at Pattaya). As this agency is a new venture, it's anybody's guess what the future brings.

Uber strikes again??

It would be interesting to have a comment on this "new agency" from our new sponsors AssistThaiVisa especially as these guys seem to be moving towards a monopoly and almost a captive audience to ply their business to?

But surely there could not possibly be a direct link to the "new agency" and immigration itself?

Jolly good Watson I think you have solved the case.

They call themselves G4T company limited.Lady speaks good English. Flyers are available at the IMM desk outside - read into that, what you want.

The following seems to be the modus operandi. On any given day, the agency has (say) 5 retirement visa customers. A staff member queues (or is allocated) 5 tickets. When her numbers are called she passes all the previously checked, accurate, and complete documentation to the IMM officer. Logically, this process is quicker than 5 individuals taking turns, because sod's law says that at least one would not have complete and accurate documentation.

Pattaya has this process in place, albeit the document checker is an employee, and you pick up your passport visa later that day. If CM could aspire to this standard, the process would be painless.

They call themselves G4T company limited. Lady speaks good English. Flyers are available at the IMM desk outside - read into that, what you want.

The following seems to be the modus operandi. On any given day, the agency has (say) 5 retirement visa customers. A staff member queues (or is allocated) 5 tickets. When her numbers are called she passes all the previously checked, accurate, and complete documentation to the IMM officer. Logically, this process is quicker than 5 individuals taking turns, because sod's law says that at least one would not have complete and accurate documentation.

Pattaya has this process in place, albeit the document checker is an employee, and you pick up your passport visa later that day. If CM could aspire to this standard, the process would be painless.

So on that premise 15 tickets for other people based on the 20 max per day?

And I thought there were people at the desk outside checking that all docs were in order for "retirement visa"?

More likely an alternative arrangement?

Did you actually use them yet?

They call themselves G4T company limited. Lady speaks good English. Flyers are available at the IMM desk outside - read into that, what you want.

So on that premise 15 tickets for other people based on the 20 max per day?

And I thought there were people at the desk outside checking that all docs were in order for "retirement visa"?

More likely an alternative arrangement?

Did you actually use them yet?

Q: So on that premise 15 tickets for other people based on the 20 max per day?

A: With the current set-up of only one IMM officer, the first 20 would get tickets. I deplore the lack of qualified officers employed to process more than 20 per day.

Q: And I thought there were people at the desk outside checking that all docs were in order for "retirement visa"?

A: That is correct. Get there at 4am and book a ticket. Then get your docs checked by IMM.

Q: More likely an alternative arrangement?

A: Correct. Pay 2,000 baht to secure a place in the first twenty without you having to queue up at 4am. That's their service.

Q: Did you actually use them yet?

A: Read the above - the modus operandi seems to be...I was fact-finding on my visit. And if the lack of IMM officers continue, I will utilise this service on my renewal date. In fact, I would be willing to wait a couple of days for the process to be completed instead of having to sit around for up to twelve hours from 4am.

Edited by stephenterry

They call themselves G4T company limited.Lady speaks good English. Flyers are available at the IMM desk outside - read into that, what you want.

I had always heard Pattaya as super efficient. This is the first time I have heard that you had to come back to pick up your Visa.

What would happen in Chiang Mai if you got your permission to stay and came back tomorrow to pick up your passport.? Would that be acceptable to them?

2000 + 1900 = 3900

facepalm.gif 555 my bad...must have been on the 1st cup-o-coffee

One thing that may be good if more & more visa agencies ( good ones that is ) pop up to satisfy demands...

Because it is the customers who usually win with better price offers. As more agencies compete for existing business.

Edited by mania

I had always heard Pattaya as super efficient. This is the first time I have heard that you had to come back to pick up your Visa.

What would happen in Chiang Mai if you got your permission to stay and came back tomorrow to pick up your passport.? Would that be acceptable to them?

Come back the next day? NO THANKS!! I would waste two days plus standing in line twice plus paying taxi fare of 500 bahts again for a round trip on the second day to go to God knows where(I have not been there yet and do not look forward to it) All I am accomplishing is to play into the hands of the visa (delete) that are sitting like vultures next door waiting to pick at our helpless carcasses. Most other Immigration offices in Thailand from what I hear on TV have workable consumer friendly processes why tell me the elderly which is me why are we being treated in such a distainful manner? It is beyond belief.

Come back the next day? NO THANKS!! I would waste two days plus standing in line twice plus paying taxi fare of 500 bahts again for a round trip on the second day to go to God knows where(I have not been there yet and do not look forward to it) All I am accomplishing is to play into the hands of the visa (delete) that are sitting like vultures next door waiting to pick at our helpless carcasses. Most other Immigration offices in Thailand from what I hear on TV have workable consumer friendly processes why tell me the elderly which is me why are we being treated in such a distainful manner? It is beyond belief.

If I were you, I'd leave. This anger at something that is yet to actually affect you is probably going to tip you over the edge. Just leave.

If I were you, I'd leave. This anger at something that is yet to actually affect you is probably going to tip you over the edge. Just leave.

Well your not me sir and I am sure glad I was not born in your acquiescent body. I do not need your prejudging. Anger yes over the way we/I are being treated. Do I express myself yes. Over the edge gee since when are you a psychiatrist. Your high and mighty attitude is really something you should work on. Learn a little humility and understanding.

• 1 month later...

You paid a THB2000 for a reason you don't know? Or were you simply overdue on your report?

That is part of the problem. Some people just don't realize what is happening and are surprised when the penalty comes to them. they then post it on Thai Visa like it was some thing new. I haven't heard any thing about tightening up the 90 day reports but I know in the past some posters have openly admitted they did not do the 90 day reports and when they went in for the permission to stay simply paid a 2,000 baht fine. Several years ago that was. I wonder how you go from 12th in line to get queue number 40. Sounds to me like 28 people were paying an agent. If the poster wants a cattle show get all 40 in the line.

40 people served in an hour and a half sounds good to me.