Elton John's Pianist Killed In Thailand

Merlin

this appeared in one of my news alerts today:

ELTON'S PIANO MAN KILLED BY ROBBERS, INQUEST CONCLUDES

A pianist who worked with SIR ELTON JOHN was murdered by robbers for just $180 (GBP100) in Thailand, an inquest concluded yesterday (21SEP06). JAMES HALL, who John once described as "the best pianist I've ever worked with", was beaten to death by three Thai labourers last Christmas (05). The 57-year-old victim had retired in the Far Eastern country just two months prior to his death, the inquest in his hometown of Sunderland, England heard. The assailants have since been jailed for 30 years each. A coroner recorded a verdict of unlawful killing.

22/09/2006 07:40

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...ncludes_1008946

Thursday, December 29, 2005

PIANISTOBIT: James Hall

The death of James Hall has been announced. The 57 year-old pianist had worked with Elton John and Kiki Dee in the 1960s and 1970s - John is believed to have described him as "the best pianist he'd ever worked with."

Hall was killed by raiders at a bar he was builidng in Sai Khao, Thailand on Christmas Eve. He'd only moved to the beach resort a few weeks before; Thai police report three men who had previously worked as labourers for him have been arrested in connection with the death.

music obit obituary james hall

http://xrrf.blogspot.com/2005/12/pianistobit-james-hall.html

another sad story of someone murdered .

good to see the guilty trash locked up.

Edited by taxexile

From http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/ViewArtic...ticleID=1306083

Dated 05/01/2006

Thailand murder victim's body to be flown home

THE body of a Sunderland man murdered in Thailand was due to be flown home this week.

James Hall, 57, was found dead on Christmas Eve just weeks after he moved to a Far East holiday island to start a new life.

Sunderland Coroner’s office was informed yesterday that Mr Hall’s body was due to be returned to Wearside after a post-mortem examination in Thailand.

The plane was expected to land at Manchester International Airport yesterday afternoon before Mr Hall’s body was transported back to the North East

Sunderland coroner Derek Winter will be examining paperwork provided by Thai medics to determine if a further post-mortem examination is needed.

Mr Hall, a talented musician who had recorded songs with Elton John, arrived in Koh Chang Island’s Sai Khao beach resort in October.

He had been building a bar when he was attacked and killed by robbers, Thai police said Mr Hall was attacked by men who planned to steal 150 euros from him – about £102.

Three Thai man – two aged 18 and one 20 – were arrested on Christmas Eve. It is understood they had been working with Mr Hall, helping him build a property on the island.

Mr Hall, better known as Jimmy, was a regular in The Stackyard pub in West Herrington, before he moved away. Friends there were left stunned after hearing of his death on Christmas Day.

The return of his body comes just days after Thai police set up a murder investigation into the death of Katherine Horton, 21.

Ms Horton, from Cardiff, was attacked with a blunt instrument and then left to drown in the sea off the island of Koh Samui.

The Reading University student was last seen just hours before on New Year’s Day as she spoke to her family on her mobile phone on a beach.

The island of Koh Chang is Thailand’s second largest after Phuket. It is a tropical marine national park in the eastern Trat province, on the border with Cambodia.

obviously 'don't shoot me i'm just the piano player'' didn't work then....

The compassion of some of you people is just overwhelming. I hope I can say something equally as nice upon your demise.

i hope there is something about my death that somebody can make a throwaway joke about to make somebody else smile.....maybe i'll get run over crossing the road to a Road Safety course or something...

i certainly wouldnt want everyone sat around glum-faced trying to be mock serious about someone they didn't know

if you don't understand the irony of the joke, here's a link to help Elton John Album

if you do understand it and you haven't got a sense of humour then more fool you.