Immigration / police visiting foreginers houses

A little respect and politeness goes a long way, after all you are guest in their country.

I changed from a retirement visa to a multiple because of all the hassle involved, got to prove this and that. I had visits, no problem, stay friends with the police and welcome them they are not the SS.

Don't put up barriers, gets everyone's back up

I had exactly the same thing but invited them into my house. They actually asked me to leave while they conducted an interview with my Thai wife, neighbours and Village head.

I felt very uncomfortable to be asked to leave the room in my own home. I have been living here in this house for 15 years and prevously had nothing like this.

The worst thing of all..they asked how much money I had in the bank and how much I was worth in total assets both here and in the UK in front of everybody. They already had my Thai bank statements as requested showing more than sufficient funds for my visa application. What business is it of theirs to know any more? And also openly inform the villagers how much money I have. It is an invasion on my privacy. I was not happy at all with this act. It's bloody rude!

I think you would be entitled to refuse to answer sensitive financial questions about your assets in other countries in front of neighbours etc. That seems just like a bad practice and they should understand that.

they're wrecking havoc aren't they. i had police walk into my house last week. they sat with my wife and asked all sorts of questions. they even spoke to our neighbours. when asked why, they said they checking on all farang households to ensure that we aren't troublemakers and didn't have any domestic violence issues. my wife laughed at them. they weren't impressed but we didn't give a damn. many other farang houses were also visited that week for the same matter.

They wouldn't have got past my gate.

I would have shown them my domestic violence.

And you could very likely be arrested (they're police, remember) and deported for assault on a police officer in the legitimate course of his work, with or without the 7 day clause. Would that make you happy?

Here we have the police being pro-active in the community looking after possibly abused women & getting rid of the bad eggs who give us all a bad name.

Speaking of bad names, in my area I have been told I am the only Farang they have ever seen, who is not drunk all the time and the only one ever seen doing anything around the house and being of help to his wife in any way. I would not welcome such a visit but I kinda like the stated intentions. They are obviously not all like me (and hopefully you)!!!

So you are as rare as a thai man then? Becuase i sure as hell haven't seen any thai man do anything with their house or around it nor helped their wife.

What I don't understand is the guy was doing a 1 year extension for Retirement. Why are checks being made for marriage?. Something not quite right with this.

I always make sure I have contact number of Immigration to make sure anyone who might turn up are genuine. Never use numbers of persons turning up give you.

I have noticed that if you are here on a retirement visa and admit to being married that they get all interested in the details of the marriage and tend to confuse themselves. They then seem to try to combine the two. I think that the Immigration officers (regardless of what the law says), think a retirement visa is for those not married to a Thai and that if you are married to a Thai, as if they then think you should be here on a marriage visa. That is my impression anyway. I have told my wife to not contribute to their further confusion. She is not to volunteer any information about our (quite legal) marriage situation.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

"Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives ."

So when a Thai beats his wife, drink all day, use all the money for booze.......... . That is ok.....

Thainess..... we are not supposed to understand

wai2.gif

Ah but they dont need an extension of stay do they ?

Interesting and thanks.

One wonders what issues actually lie behind this activity.

Generally speaking there is a root cause which then involves everyone.

The "crackdown" on ED visas caused and is causing some genuine students difficulty but it was the rogues who who precipitated the problem.

i think they are suffering from lil willie syndrome , this sickness breeds resentment and they must strike out . mind you , it is the boss of these lackeys that is ill . i am sure they (investigators) could care less as quite a few thai men are prone to this "special" treatment of wives .

"Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives ."

So when a Thai beats his wife, drink all day, use all the money for booze.......... . That is ok.....

Thainess..... we are not supposed to understand

wai2.gif

yea , aint it wonderful ?

Hi.

Just passing this one.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/244094099077138?view=permalink&id=535539259932619&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment

On the 10th August i went to Kap Choeng Immigration to renew my retirement visa.My documents were checked 3 times by different immmigration officers.I was asked to provide a map so immigration knew where i lived. Also asked many questions re the source of my income from Australia.I was told to report back in one month for approval of my visa.On the 13th August,my wife received a phone call from Immigration.She was told that they were coming to our house that night.She said that the time was inconvenient and asked them to arrange a time that suitewd us.The next day they arrived,unannounced at 3PM.They brought a laptop computer and a printer and demanded access to our house.We told them they copuld sit outside to conduct there interview,They were not impressed. We were asked to call the head of the local Pho Yai Baan to attend the interview and also another local resident to attest to my good character.My wife made the calls and they arrived soon after.My wife and i were asked to produce our Trabian Baans.(house books) and i was asked again to explain the source of my income.I showed them a letter from Veterans Affairs in Australia re my yearly income.And my veterans entitlement card and medals i had been awarded for service in Vietnam.Photos were taken of these documents and my medals.No reason was given.The two witnesses had to produce there ID cards and also attest to my good character.These immigration officers said to my wife that they had cancelled the visa of a number of farangs living in Surin for the following reasons. That they had assaulted there wives,not been residing at the address provided to Immigration and in once case,they said that as the farang was not looking after his Thai wife and not giving her money.

All of these expates were given 7 days to leave the country.

I was not asked by immigration whther i gave my wife money,although she did tell them she did receive a monthly allowance from me.

The interview took 2 hours

Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives .

At the completion of the interview,i was informed that i would have my visa extended for one year.

We were also told that a new Immigration Office would be opening in Surin for the purpose of 90 day reporting only.No time frame was given.

Also My wife asked them would they be coming to ouir house again,no reply.

I was a nervous wreck when they left!!!

Comment:

they're wrecking havoc aren't they. i had police walk into my house last week. they sat with my wife and asked all sorts of questions. they even spoke to our neighbours. when asked why, they said they checking on all farang households to ensure that we aren't troublemakers and didn't have any domestic violence issues. my wife laughed at them. they weren't impressed but we didn't give a damn. many other farang houses were also visited that week for the same matter.

Whats that about?

PS.

Admin if wrong subforum sorry and move it.

Sorry to say this to all you out there thailand loves to control people and it is just a other way of control from thailand it is a fuc?ing joke Thais in my country Australia get respect and live in one of the best country in the world

• Like 2

Hi.

Just passing this one.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/244094099077138?view=permalink&id=535539259932619&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment

On the 10th August i went to Kap Choeng Immigration to renew my retirement visa.My documents were checked 3 times by different immmigration officers.I was asked to provide a map so immigration knew where i lived. Also asked many questions re the source of my income from Australia.I was told to report back in one month for approval of my visa.On the 13th August,my wife received a phone call from Immigration.She was told that they were coming to our house that night.She said that the time was inconvenient and asked them to arrange a time that suitewd us.The next day they arrived,unannounced at 3PM.They brought a laptop computer and a printer and demanded access to our house.We told them they copuld sit outside to conduct there interview,They were not impressed. We were asked to call the head of the local Pho Yai Baan to attend the interview and also another local resident to attest to my good character.My wife made the calls and they arrived soon after.My wife and i were asked to produce our Trabian Baans.(house books) and i was asked again to explain the source of my income.I showed them a letter from Veterans Affairs in Australia re my yearly income.And my veterans entitlement card and medals i had been awarded for service in Vietnam.Photos were taken of these documents and my medals.No reason was given.The two witnesses had to produce there ID cards and also attest to my good character.These immigration officers said to my wife that they had cancelled the visa of a number of farangs living in Surin for the following reasons. That they had assaulted there wives,not been residing at the address provided to Immigration and in once case,they said that as the farang was not looking after his Thai wife and not giving her money.

All of these expates were given 7 days to leave the country.

I was not asked by immigration whther i gave my wife money,although she did tell them she did receive a monthly allowance from me.

The interview took 2 hours

Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives .

At the completion of the interview,i was informed that i would have my visa extended for one year.

We were also told that a new Immigration Office would be opening in Surin for the purpose of 90 day reporting only.No time frame was given.

Also My wife asked them would they be coming to ouir house again,no reply.

I was a nervous wreck when they left!!!

Comment:

Whats that about?

PS.

Admin if wrong subforum sorry and move it.

Sorry to say this to all you out there thailand loves to control people and it is just a other way of control from thailand it is a fuc?ing joke Thais in my country Australia get respect and live in one of the best country in the world
Yeh

Something not quite right here

• Like 1

Oh well, just another harassment from Immigration ...

I have a friend thats gonna retire in Vietnam in 3 months - I will listen careful to how that turns out and wife and I could maybe follow since its obvious that we are not welcome here - not moaning just stating the facts ...

• Like 2

A little respect and politeness goes a long way, after all you are guest in their country.

I changed from a retirement visa to a multiple because of all the hassle involved, got to prove this and that. I had visits, no problem, stay friends with the police and welcome them they are not the SS.

Don't put up barriers, gets everyone's back up

We are not guests in this country, we are just tolerated, we have to pay and go through some unnecessary hoops to stay here.

Would you ask a guest to pay to enter your house?

• Like 1

You are obviously not a smart guy, if they wanted to get past your gate they would, what did you mean. "would show them your domestic violence "

You should know the do's and don't see if you been here for some time. Your comments tend to suggest you just arrived with a Falang cocky attitude.

Have respect for the thai ways and be greatful you can enjoy life as an able person.

The only thing violence proves is lack of education and ignorance.

On another note Your Violence comments are the reasons behind the investigations, so thankyou..

Your middle sentence is not necessary true, If any Farang on this earth ever even threatened me with violence, I would lift the first thing available to me

and flatten him with it, and I don't have any lack of education, and am not ignorant, and I had three years as a school teacher here.

Got the same report from my mate in Amnat 2 weeks ago.

Immigration suddenly turned up without any notice.

He's on an extension based on retirement, not married.

Interviewed for 2 hours, photo's and lots of questions, some of which he politely refused to answer as it was non of their business.

They were very polite and apologetic, claiming it was orders from above to do more house checks.

They took away copies of documents and their report and told him they would return the next Sunday.

They completed a TM28 and TM30 even though he had previously submitted these to Immigration.

Told him if everything was alright he would be able to renew his extension in January, if it wasn't he would be given 7 days to leave Thailand.

They didn't turn up on the Sunday, that was when he rung me worried to death.

They turned up on the Monday and told him everything was ok.

No reason given for the visit, other than orders, although they said they had a lot more to visit.

• Like 1

And you could very likely be arrested (they're police, remember) and deported for assault on a police officer in the legitimate course of his work, with or without the 7 day clause. Would that make you happy?

Here we have the police being pro-active in the community looking after possibly abused women & getting rid of the bad eggs who give us all a bad name.

Speaking of bad names, in my area I have been told I am the only Farang they have ever seen, who is not drunk all the time and the only one ever seen doing anything around the house and being of help to his wife in any way. I would not welcome such a visit but I kinda like the stated intentions. They are obviously not all like me (and hopefully you)!!!

God what a Saint you are ... gigglem.gif Your wife must be the most happy woman in Thailand ... clap2.gif

Speaking of abusing women, drunk all the time, doing nothing around the house and helping the wife : Is it thai men you talk about .... ?

"They wouldn't have got past my gate".

In your dreams perhaps, the reality would be something entirely different however.

• Like 1

I'm safe they won't bother coming all the way from Phitsanulok to Lom Sak centre of the universe

Seems to be the same in Wichianburi. I'm going to Phitsanulock in a couple of weeks and the farang who have been recently say it,s even easier and quicker now. All on computer, the TM47 goes straight in the bin.

After reading the threads about this and experiencing some officious attitude myself at immigration over the years I was expecting my home visit to be a nightmare.

How surprised was I.

They called a couple of hours before arrival to make sure we were home and ask us to get the village head and another government official to be in attendance on arrival.

They arrived at exactly the time stated asked the village head a few questions about how long I had been here, asked my wife a couple of innocuous questions about the house and how long we had been together nothing intrusive.

They took a few more copies of official docs id cards my passport etc.

At no time were they anything other than polite and helpful. They said they were only doing what was supposed to be done and I couldn't argue, I have always been aware that home visits were part of the deal and just considered myself lucky they hadn't bothered in the previous years. I am now more than happy for them to come and if others are expecting them all I can say is if everything is in order then don't worry.

I know I may just have been lucky but I thought I would post just to put forward the other side of the coin to say they are not all bad.

Before anyone raises it at no time was any money asked for nor was any offered by me.

After reading the threads about this and experiencing some officious attitude myself at immigration over the years I was expecting my home visit to be a nightmare.

How surprised was I.

They called a couple of hours before arrival to make sure we were home and ask us to get the village head and another government official to be in attendance on arrival.

They arrived at exactly the time stated asked the village head a few questions about how long I had been here, asked my wife a couple of innocuous questions about the house and how long we had been together nothing intrusive.

At no time were they anything other than polite and helpful. They said they were only doing what was supposed to be done and I couldn't argue, I have always been aware that home visits were part of the deal and just considered myself lucky they hadn't bothered in the previous years. I am now more than happy for them to come and if others are expecting them all I can say is if everything is in order then don't worry.

I know I may just have been lucky but I thought I would post just to put forward the other side of the coin to say they are not all bad.

Before anyone raises it at no time was any money asked for nor was any offered by me.

Which office came to see you?

How surprised was I.

I have never met our village head or any local officials.

Are you on marriage extension?

"I was not asked by immigration whther i gave my wife money,although she did tell them she did receive a monthly allowance from me."

Good luck my wife does not read Thai Visa biggrin.png

By the way I gave my wife any money she needs or ask for, never gives less than 1000Baht even if she asks me for 100 for something, many times I ask her too, but a monthly allowance...sorry never coffee1.gif

Interesting. I came over here with my girlfriend on a retirement visa and still am on one. We were in the states together for almost two years and she attended the state university. A few months after settling in at her house in Thailand we got married and I applied for a yellow house book. We made at least four trips to the mueang offices, and we signed all kinds of papers and and answered all kinds of questions about us both. They then scheduled an interview with our local sub-district municipal officer. The woman that handled all of the paperwork at the mueang also attended the interview. The interview lasted about one hour and forty-five minutes. All questions asked before at the mueang were asked again and we went into even greater detail. I'm so glad my discussions were covered in those very professional forums at the mueang and the sub-district. I doubt that Immigration will repeat the process, but I can see that at some point some government official should be asking detailed questions when someone is staying in country for a very long time.