Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

Again, as has been said many times on this forum, we are not privy to all the information. Media coverage is very limited at this stage, predominately via Twitter from what i have observed, and that seems to have slowed lately. We simply do not know the full details or facts, of the investigation. I expect when the trial reaches conclusion, a lot more of the investigative results will be available in the public arena.

Perhaps then you should stop speculating and spreading unfounded rumours:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/?p=9788992

I understand, again from verbal dialogue, the Ace Card was from a female witness, which was outside the planned sequence of witnesses. The evidence seems very comprehensive, but reporting of the trial was from the defence, the prosecution respected the courts demands of no external communication, yes, no external reporting by media or social means, that's why many local newspapers dropped there interest.

Quick confirmation my statement is correct, certainly not speculation and well founded.

Source please? Verbal dialogue does not cut it in the real world

Edited by thailandchilli

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys Book is clearly a troll and entertaining to engage in much the same way as I enjoy debating with my friends toddler.

But it does get tedious very quickly.

I would hope the mods take a good look at his I.P. trail .... this is a new incarnation of a familiar posting style.

Again, as has been said many times on this forum, we are not privy to all the information. Media coverage is very limited at this stage, predominately via Twitter from what i have observed, and that seems to have slowed lately. We simply do not know the full details or facts, of the investigation. I expect when the trial reaches conclusion, a lot more of the investigative results will be available in the public arena.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/?p=9788992

I understand, again from verbal dialogue, the Ace Card was from a female witness, which was outside the planned sequence of witnesses. The evidence seems very comprehensive, but reporting of the trial was from the defence, the prosecution respected the courts demands of no external communication, yes, no external reporting by media or social means, that's why many local newspapers dropped there interest.

Quick confirmation my statement is correct, certainly not speculation and well founded.

Initially via a social media application, then via a verbal discussion using a telephonic device between myself and a friend residing on the Island of Samui, and has taken an interest in this court case and visited the day' s proceedings.

Initially via a social media application, then via a verbal discussion using a telephonic device between myself and a friend residing on the Island of Samui, and has taken an interest in this court case and visited the day' s proceedings.

I did actually mean a credible source...........................such an occurrence would have been reported in the international press, there were 3 reports in the media on that days proceedings, nothing reported on your scenario, for something that you call the ace card for the prosecution case then it must have been a non event for everybody else, sorry

Edited by thailandchilli

Boys Book is clearly a troll and entertaining to engage in much the same way as I enjoy debating with my friends toddler.

But it does get tedious very quickly.

I would hope the mods take a good look at his I.P. trail .... this is a new incarnation of a familiar posting style.

Trying not to get involved in your trivial baiting, we should try and stay on topic here, we are in a discussion the events which occurred in Koh Tao, not me.

Please feel free to request my I.P. address, it should lead you to Sathorn Road.

Edited by Boys Book

Testimony as explosive as what BB is suggesting would NOT go unreported. The Prosecutor would be jumping for joy and doing interviews if they had this "Ace in the Hole".. Also, nobody else who was at the trial mentioned anything about a female witness or any of the things you mentioned.

So you got it from one source, who happens to be a friend you can't reveal? Another pinch of salt for me... Man, I'll be plump after all this sodium. :P

Edited by Darkknight666

Boomer has been offering lists of what the investigation should have done but apparently hasn't done for almost a year now.

As shown in my previous post, they checked phone records, this is a fact.

For starters, the only mention of phone records by RTP/prosecution in the 11.5 months since the crime was ONE MENTION in the early days of the trial. And that solitary brief mention was to try and bolster Nomsod's flimsy alibi. RTP prosecution witness claimed NS's phone was used on monday morning in Bkk. As far as I know there was no time mentioned, nor who was called. However, NS's phone being used Monday morning, anytime after 9 am means nothing. It would add nothing to the whodunit of the investigation. It's already been shown that a young man in a hurry can get from the island to Bkk in roughly 4 hours (if using a plane and a fast boat), and the crime wrapped up by 5 am.

In a general sense, the dearth of phone evidence from RTP shows one or both of the following:

>>> They didn't think to ask for it or look at it (similar to how they didn't bother looking at potentially crucial CCTV) or....

>>> They looked at it but didn't like the data because it implicated people who should be shielded, so they stuffed it.

There are reams of other potentially useful data which RTP dealt with similarly.

For months leading up to the trial, Headman's peoples' shielders kept saying "Wait for the trial. All will be revealed." Now we're seeing what we knew all along: they were wrong. Very little is being revealed. Now we hear from Boys Book that we're finding out very little about the trial proceedings. I admit we don't know all details of testimony for the prosecution, but what we have heard backs up the idea of obfuscation, ineptitude, and cover-up. The picture painted thus far is continuing proof of a subjective and unprofessional investigation by uniformed (and uninformed) people who are paid by taxpayers to do their jobs properly.

When I was a teenager, my best buddy's dad worked high up in CIA. I would talk to my friend's dad and ask him about controversial things in the news, like Iran-Contra. He would grin kindly and say things like, "there are people who know a lot more about these things than you." I didn't like that answer then, and I don't like it now. Granted, someone like Hasenfus (the CIA pilot whose plane was shot down while illegally flying guns to the Contras) knew more details than the man on the street, but the general public aren't dummies. Even without intricate details, we can usually fathom what's really going on - and it often doesn't dovetail with what officialdom wants the public to believe.

Edited by boomerangutang

Thai police confirm British cooperation in Koh Tao case

British police provided evidence to authorities in Thailand that tied two migrant workers to the murder of British backpackers last year, a court heard yesterday.

Royal Thai Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen confirmed to the Koh Samui court that a phone owned by one of the deceased, David Miller, 24, had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants.

The UK National Crime Agency later identified the SIM card as being Mr Miller’s, he said.

Thai police confirm British cooperation in Koh Tao case

British police provided evidence to authorities in Thailand that tied two migrant workers to the murder of British backpackers last year, a court heard yesterday.

Royal Thai Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen confirmed to the Koh Samui court that a phone owned by one of the deceased, David Miller, 24, had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants.

The UK National Crime Agency later identified the SIM card as being Mr Miller’s, he said.

NCA don't confirm anything over the telephone. It isn't procedure and wouldn't have happened like that. They aren't the Keystone cops. Written applications only through the correct channels.

If a bricklayer gets his paycheck each week for months, and then it's found that instead of laying bricks, he was just sitting in back under a tree drinking Red bull and smoking cigarettes, (and burying the bricks in a big hole) the foreman might be pissed off and dock his pay or try retrieving all those weeks' salary while the worker doing nothing.

Now for the analogy (you knew this was coming....) If 2 dozen Thai cops get paid weekly salaries for months, and it's found they did essentially nothing - then they too should be forced to pay-back all that taxpayer money which was paid. Of course, nothing of the sort (not even disciplinary action) will happen in this case, but I needed to vent.

Boomer has been offering lists of what the investigation should have done but apparently hasn't done for almost a year now.

For starters, the only mention of phone records by RTP/prosecution in the 11.5 months since the crime was ONE MENTION in the early days of the trial. And that solitary brief mention was to try and bolster Nomsod's flimsy alibi. RTP prosecution witness claimed NS's phone was used on monday morning in Bkk. As far as I know there was no time mentioned, nor who was called. However, NS's phone being used Monday morning, anytime after 9 am means nothing. It would add nothing to the whodunit of the investigation. It's already been shown that a young man in a hurry can get from the island to Bkk in roughly 4 hours (if using a plane and a fast boat), and the crime wrapped up by 5 am.

In a general sense, the dearth of phone evidence from RTP shows one or both of the following:

>>> They didn't think to ask for it or look at it (similar to how they didn't bother looking at potentially crucial CCTV) or....

>>> They looked at it but didn't like the data because it implicated people who should be shielded, so they stuffed it.

There are reams of other potentially useful data which RTP dealt with similarly.

I understand the young man you have named has been cleared of involvement, through telephone records and video releases and no doubt personal witness statements. I for one cannot imagine someone committing this crime and then hastily arranging fast boats, plane tickets and be back in Bangkok early morning, just does not seem comprehensible, to some extent goes against pure common sense.

I understand the young man you have named has been cleared of involvement, through telephone records and video releases and no doubt personal witness statements. I for one cannot imagine someone committing this crime and then hastily arranging fast boats, plane tickets and be back in Bangkok early morning, just does not seem comprehensible, to some extent goes against pure common sense.

I can. It's easy to see how that can be arranged. Indeed, he may have already had a return flight to Bkk. He's a college student. If he went to visit his family for the weekend, which many college students do, then he would sensibly already have a return flight - in time for an exam on Monday morning. As for a fast boat: imagine if you grew up on a small tropical island which had several fast boat drivers and their boats. Is it not likely that you'd know many or all of them. If NS did the crime, his uncle would be key component in helping in any way - to cover it up, even if the uncle wasn't directly involved in the crime. We don't know, but the uncle did say it was himself shown in Running Man video. Odd for a 45 yr old man to be running around half naked at 5 am, isn't it? ....and even odder that he claims to be a person who looks like a skinny 19 yr old with mannerism and gait just like his nephew.

If a bricklayer gets his paycheck each week for months, and then it's found that instead of laying bricks, he was just sitting in back under a tree drinking Red bull and smoking cigarettes, (and burying the bricks in a big hole) the foreman might be pissed off and dock his pay or try retrieving all those weeks' salary while the worker doing nothing.

Now for the analogy (you knew this was coming....) If 2 dozen Thai cops get paid weekly salaries for months, and it's found they did essentially nothing - then they too should be forced to pay-back all that taxpayer money which was paid. Of course, nothing of the sort (not even disciplinary action) will happen in this case, but I needed to vent.

What about the Koh Tao cop you wrote about sitting at the coffee shop counting his bribe money while chatting with his mia noi?

Without drawing an inference to any particular person in view of what we know and have seen in the field of litigation for this case. I feel that it was not a planned attack where the perpetrator pre-booked his means of escape via plane or fast boat. Having seen the injuries of the 2 deceased victims ( quite appalling injuries and one that could have only been committed by a deranged person) my personal opinion is this crime was one of anger and done in an instant. I don't want to guess at what caused the anger, but perhaps rejection or drugs played a major part in this crime..

As far as common sense goes that well you can discount any commons sense in this case. Having watched from the side-lines for months I feel I must add my two penny's worth to the debate. I hope you all don't mind.

I would recheck with your friend, I was also at the trial last Thurs and Fri as an observer along with a Thai friend/work colleague of mine, I can confirm there was no such event

What about the Koh Tao cop you wrote about sitting at the coffee shop counting his bribe money while chatting with his mia noi?

Actually there was one Koh Tao cop who at the beginning of the investigation bragged in a post to CSI about how much this case was costing someone and his words were "think of millions", I cant reveal the cop for obvious reasons

I can. It's easy to see how that can be arranged. Indeed, he may have already had a return flight to Bkk. He's a college student. If he went to visit his family for the weekend, which many college students do, then he would sensibly already have a return flight - in time for an exam on Monday morning. As for a fast boat: imagine if you grew up on a small tropical island which had several fast boat drivers and their boats. Is it not likely that you'd know many or all of them. If NS did the crime, his uncle would be key component in helping in any way - to cover it up, even if the uncle wasn't directly involved in the crime. We don't know, but the uncle did say it was himself shown in Running Man video. Odd for a 45 yr old man to be running around half naked at 5 am, isn't it? ....and even odder that he claims to be a person who looks like a skinny 19 yr old with mannerism and gait just like his nephew.

Boomerangutang, what you say is all feasible, but in reality if i had an exam Monday morning, i certainly would not be spending 4 or more hours travelling, i would be tucked up in bed Sunday evening after spending the weekend revising for the test, that's somewhat normal, although some students do enjoy the party life. That video is so poor it could have been multiple people, fact. People need to move on from this train of thought, it's become so repetitive, same question, same answers over and over again, sure you can agree on this.

I would recheck with your friend, I was also at the trial last Thurs and Fri as an observer along with a Thai friend/work colleague of mine, I can confirm there was no such event

I can confirm there was such an event, no need to recheck.

May I also add to this discussion that there is an independent reporter. Her Name is Sarah and she reports for the press in several different fields. Tv papers etc.

Her Twitter feed is this https://twitter.com/sarahyuen she will answer responsible questions as well. You will note that she has NOT reported some of the allegations made by some members on this thread.

I'm not going to debate this with you, I was pointing out a fact as I was actually there, if you continue to say it did happen then...........carry on

May I also add to this discussion that there is an independent reporter. Her Name is Sarah and she reports for the press in several different fields. Tv papers etc.

Her Twitter feed is this https://twitter.com/sarahyuen she will answer responsible questions as well. You will note that she has NOT reported some of the allegations made by some members on this thread.

Perfect, hopefully being at the court case last week she can confirm what the key outcomes were, just checked her twitter feed and nothing stood out, be good if you could direct us to the specific content.

Perfect, hopefully being at the court case last week she can confirm what the key outcomes were, just checked her twitter feed and nothing stood out, be good if you could direct us to the specific content.

Yes no problem. Its called a message button. Ask her to qualify anything you are unsure off. She is very helpful and has answered several questions so far for me. Its not rocket science I guess.

I'm not going to debate this with you, I was pointing out a fact as I was actually there, if you continue to say it did happen then...........carry on

Thanks, given the limited news releases last week, what were the key highlights, i can't find to much apart from the Andy Hall tweets...

Here's her latest article, still no mention of your story

Police: We didn’t beat Koh Tao murder suspects to confess

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/police_we_didn_t_beat_koh_tao_murder_suspects_to_confess_1_4212625

Yes no problem. Its called a message button. Ask her to qualify anything you are unsure off. She is very helpful and has answered several questions so far for me. Its not rocket science I guess.

Was she at the trial last week, don't want to waste my time is she was not ?

I expect when the trial reaches conclusion, a lot more of the investigative results will be available in the public arena.

I doubt that. Would be quite a different style of proceeding