Somyot says Ratchaprasong bomber aided by some Thais

webfact

i guess i am wrong, but the yellow shirt man in the CCTV video looks Thai to me...

ever bit of info to build a bomb is on the internet...

anyone who makes fireworks has all the materials they need to do is...

Not if the explosive used is TNT , you don't make fireworks with TNT

All the info to build an atomic bomb is on the internet as well but try and procure the materials required to build one and see what happens

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got some updates from foreign reports that the government is quite certain it's TNT and they are doing test to identify the type of TNT from soot on victim's clothes and tissue. From there, they will be able to trace the precursor materials of the bomb and perhaps the narrow down the source of supply. Doubt the bomb is some agriculture concoction or dynamite as these are unpredictable and less stable for a rather well planned attack.

They know exactly the time, when the bomb goes up. if they blow it up per telefon call. They could find out the sending and reciving numbers. May be can find coneting numbers. When and where the simcards where first activeted. Maybe sold shortly before in a 7/11. Then they could check there the cctvs.

Needs some work, but is a chance to find the monsters.

How do they know he took a motorcycle taxi to Silom soi 7?

Sounds like a taxi driver took him and was interviewed and told them he remembered the T shirt and fare and destination.

Next step is to walk the soi with manpower to find someone else who saw him. maybe he switched taxis. whatever. maybe the search dies there. maybe not. what am I missing?

The interesting thing about this info is that there is no mention whether the person spoke English or not, one would expect the taxi driver to say the man English etc, but there is no mention of this, now surely if the man had spoke English and the government was trying to prove this was a foreigner they would mention this to prove the point, the fact it's not mentioned could suggest the conversation was in Thai and the person is in fact Thai

The top cop is bang on the mark. Such admirable detective skills. There's no doubt that Thais were involved in helping the bomber. The taxi driver that took him to Erawan was Thai, as were the hotel staff who gave him a place to stay.

coffee1.gif Uhh..., this is THAILAND so there are Thaiswai2.gif Is there some way you can blame it on the Yanks?biggrin.png

Why not TV' s finest super sleuths have everyone else on the list

Sounds like a taxi driver took him and was interviewed and told them he remembered the T shirt and fare and destination.

Next step is to walk the soi with manpower to find someone else who saw him. maybe he switched taxis. whatever. maybe the search dies there. maybe not. what am I missing?

Aside from the BIB cops being some of the biggest thugs in town (that nobody wants to deal with), along with being the most incompetent cops in Asia, and they probably would/probably did just corrupt the crime scene, you have some good ideas there.

On the flip side of the coin though, I'm glad I was nowhere near Boston when the cops there went on a rampage looking for the Boston Marathon bombers.

Edited by jaywalker

Wow this guy is pretty delusional! Couldn't find his way around without Thais? Seriously? The Thai people are in big trouble if this is how the people paid to protect them think!

Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmoung have never heard of GPS and googlemaps.

Couldn't find his way without Thai help.....???? Geez. Every foreigner who has ever asked a "Local" for directions knows that it is tantamount to guaranteed misdirection!
Oh, and Google wasn't working that day?

It's not totally off the cards. Look at how the red shirted guy conveniently stood up to give his seat to the bomber. And he just stood there in front of him for quite some time until the bomber removed the bag. It's like he was saving a seat for him in a busy area. It could have been a coincidence, but if one gets up to leave, they just leave, and not stand there for 30 seconds or more. And if the bomber is disguised, he may well be a Thai. I'd be looking to question that guy in the red shirt, and the other in the white shirt next to him.

I am quite sure they have come forward and given any information/description they can remember to the BIB! Being (presumably) Thai citizens (who would have luckily survived the blast) I am sure the BIB have already made contact with them as any police force would do around the world would do. Correct?

Aside from the BIB cops being some of the biggest thugs in town (that nobody wants to deal with), along with being the most incompetent cops in Asia, and they probably would/probably did just corrupt the crime scene, you have some good ideas there.

On the on the flip side of the coin though, I'm glad I was nowhere near Boston when the cops there went on a rampage looking for the Boston Marathon bombers.

Totally agree with your description of the RTP. Useless bunch of morons, I am surprised if they ever find the bomber(s).

It's not totally off the cards. Look at how the red shirted guy conveniently stood up to give his seat to the bomber. And he just stood there in front of him for quite some time until the bomber removed the bag. It's like he was saving a seat for him in a busy area. It could have been a coincidence, but if one gets up to leave, they just leave, and not stand there for 30 seconds or more. And if the bomber is disguised, he may well be a Thai. I'd be looking to question that guy in the red shirt, and the other in the white shirt next to him.

I am quite sure they have come forward and given any information/description they can remember to the BIB! Being (presumably) Thai citizens (who would have luckily survived the blast) I am sure the BIB have already made contact with them as any police force would do around the world would do. Correct?

By now they are probably more busy collecting bribes than catching the terrorist.

The top cop is bang on the mark. Such admirable detective skills. There's no doubt that Thais were involved in helping the bomber. The taxi driver that took him to Erawan was Thai, as were the hotel staff who gave him a place to stay.

coffee1.gif Uhh..., this is THAILAND so there are Thaiswai2.gif Is there some way you can blame it on the Yanks?biggrin.png

Oh yes, they can. There was a movie Bangkok Dangerous, Nicolas Cage came to Bangkok to do some Thais in. Blame it on the Yanks for giving the Thais ideas how to rent a foreigner to do a dirty job on their behalf. By the way, Nicolas had the change of heart and went after the bad guys. How surprising!

i guess i am wrong, but the yellow shirt man in the CCTV video looks Thai to me...

ever bit of info to build a bomb is on the internet...

anyone who makes fireworks has all the materials they need to do is...

Agreed. The guy in the video clips def looks Thai, or at least Asian. And short and young. Though the same guy looks less Asian in the stills, which leads to the question of whether that was a conscious decision by the BIB to point away from a Thai perpetrator.

And where is the rest of the video?

And why does the portion of the video released look like it was actually following yellow shirt guy?

He might be wrong, but why is it so hard to believe? There were explosives involved. Did some foreigner manage to smuggle in explosives as well, or is it more they likely acquired them in Thailand? Of course it isn't impossible for someone familiar with Thailand to also bring in or aquire explosives without a Thai involved, then pull this off, and maybe a second attempt by walking or riding accross the bridge by himself. But that's a lot of stuff for one person to do by themselves.

I could make some explosives this morning if I wanted to it's that easy.

Until test results are released as to what the actual explosive used was there needn't necessarily be Thai connection if it were a foreign bomber.

Maybe you could "make some explosives" this morning (frankly I doubt it) but could you acquire all the materials for a bomb of this magnitude that was safe to carry and that could be set off remotely?

And then simply click your fingers at the intended site and have a couple of random strangers give up their seat for you without question and then shield you while you plant the bomb.

And then have your (admittedly grainy) picture put on social media all over the world with millions of Thais, a police force and the Army looking for you, and nobody remember selling you anything or even seeing you before?

That's quite a trick.

Yes I could make some explosives easily. Did just that years ago when I was 15/16 years old.

Sodium chlorate, sugar and a pipe is all you need.

The tricky part would be the detonator but that info is widely available on the net.

The tricky part would be getting away with nobody recognizing you.

Making a glorified firework in your apartment and committing this crime without getting caught are 2 different things.

I'm no fan of the RTP, but the way people are treating this suggestion that Thais are likely involved at some level is a bit strange to me. It's perfectly plausible, in fact it's likely I would say given the behaviour of orange shirt and white shirt.

Where would he get the 3 kg's of TNT?

I just turn the other way like I do with most Thais

Lack of evidence is lack off security in the city and there appauling CCTV setup.. Rely on only there lazy foot soldiers standing waiting to fine a scooter. They off er no or very little public asistance.

What is under control you rocket scientist... You breakfast right.

Kao Tao was the disgrace of Thailand and the appauling police work that aloowed a Thai murderer to roam free. Obviously the bombing was master minded via Thais.. WHY I think you know the answer already

By now they are probably more busy collecting bribes than catching the terrorist.

Wait for it.... Somyot will threaten them with inactive posts if found snoozing on the job, which will just confuse them more.

Catch terrorists, sleep, or shake down the locals?

TOS_2x12_IMudd0413-Trekpulse.jpg

How about the immigration officer that let him into the country?

Ii is quite possible this person has lived in Thailand for a long time. Works here and speaks Thai.

I don't understand why the RTP can't find out who he is. I know the photos are not too clear but as they have photos at immigration of every foreigner who has entered the country then sure they must be able to use some kind of facial recognition software to narrow it down somewhat.

Photos taken from a video are never really clear but the video probably would be clear.

And why does the portion of the video released look like it was actually following yellow shirt guy?

The video clips that appear to 'follow' the guy including the clips that have a circle drawn around him as he moves are ZOOMED IN captures of the wider view video stream from a static CCTV observation camera. It also explains the very poor resolution as some of these video stream captures being released to the media are probably being done with a smartphone being held in front of a regular computer screen.

He said it was impossible for a foreigner to come into Bangkok and would able to know where to go and how to hike motorcycle across the bridge.

and this is the Top-dog of Police speaking ... Wow the ignorance, impossible to make this nonsens up ... blink.png

As with the Koh Tao murders they will never find "the real" perps - their corruption have destroyed their brain if ever had one ... bah.gif

Not exactly wrong but surely he can use a more intelligent statement. The perpetractor/s will need to buy the TNT and the detonator from locals as it will not be possible and silly to attempt to bring from external means. TNT can then be melted down and inserted in the pipe. Can't the investigator identify the type of TNT used and narrow down the source? TNT is used in Thailand by the military and mining. Rather than some simple analysis deduction by any layman, this idiot talk about getting around.

You could drive pretty much anything into Thailand using the Southern borders....no vehicle or even proper passenger checks. Add to that the coast line......lots of boats out there....

Apart from the nervousness of carrying the device I can't see how getting there and taking off the backpack and leaving is any harder than visting the shrine as a tourist.

Getting in and around BKK is very easy.

Maybe he means obtaining the product and building the bomb.

I hope they catch him or them very soon.

He might be wrong, but why is it so hard to believe? There were explosives involved. Did some foreigner manage to smuggle in explosives as well, or is it more they likely acquired them in Thailand? Of course it isn't impossible for someone familiar with Thailand to also bring in or aquire explosives without a Thai involved, then pull this off, and maybe a second attempt by walking or riding accross the bridge by himself. But that's a lot of stuff for one person to do by themselves.
I could make some explosives this morning if I wanted to it's that easy.

Until test results are released as to what the actual explosive used was there needn't necessarily be Thai connection if it were a foreign bomber.

Maybe you could "make some explosives" this morning (frankly I doubt it) but could you acquire all the materials for a bomb of this magnitude that was safe to carry and that could be set off remotely?

And then simply click your fingers at the intended site and have a couple of random strangers give up their seat for you without question and then shield you while you plant the bomb.

And then have your (admittedly grainy) picture put on social media all over the world with millions of Thais, a police force and the Army looking for you, and nobody remember selling you anything or even seeing you before?

That's quite a trick.

Yes I could make some explosives easily. Did just that years ago when I was 15/16 years old.

Sodium chlorate, sugar and a pipe is all you need.

The tricky part would be the detonator but that info is widely available on the net.

The tricky part would be getting away with nobody recognizing you.

Making a glorified firework in your apartment and committing this crime without getting caught are 2 different things.

I'm no fan of the RTP, but the way people are treating this suggestion that Thais are likely involved at some level is a bit strange to me. It's perfectly plausible, in fact it's likely I would say given the behaviour of orange shirt and white shirt.

Totally agree with you on all points and have absolutely no idea if the perp or perps were Thai or foreign.

If a foreigner were 'motivated' enough I'd say it could be done. Much easier I'd guess though for home grown terrorists.

I have watched the Video several times, with the Guy in a Yellow T shirt circled for all to see. Has anyone taken there eyes off the Yellow T shirt Guy, take a look at the Video again, and watch the Guy in the Red T shirt who stands up, and also the man next to him in the White T shirt. This has not been done by one man, no way !!!!!