First of its kind 'museum of corruption' to be opened in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of its kind museum of corruption to be opened

OM*******G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of corruption, that they have to build a museum-mausoleum-Kachaleum????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifWith our taxpayers tax-money?????

What in the ********* world are you doing, dear leaders of Thailand???? clap2.gifclap2.giffacepalm.gif

Why a museum that few people will visit?

Why not a website called Dirtythailand.com highlighting all the corruption, scams and individuals that have benefitted that will live forever online...

Good idea...poorly executed.

"Why not a website called Dirtythailand.com.."

I had to do a quick Google search regarding that website name and it actually exists.

It does however deal with another subject matter entirely..whistling.gif

why the narrow focus on political corruption?

Or would it take up too much space if they added military to the museum... ?

Very good point - Transparency International (The Global Coalition Against Corruption) advise governments on policy reform and have a chapter in Thailand; they're an NGO that monitors and publicizes corporate and political corruption in international development; surely we should be hearing about how the government here has been in consultation with them.

In 2013 TI published the Government Defence anti-corruption Index with which corruption in the Defence sector of 82 countries was measured.

TI defines corruption as the abuse of entrusted power for private gain which eventually hurts everyone who depends on the integrity of people in a position of authority.

Comedy hour on the hour everyday in Thailand. Beats the brainless soapies hands down, just check the latest news headlines whenever you need a bit of a laugh.

Bloody hell, this place is getting sillier everyday.

Are they not in danger of overstepping the mark in showcasing cases of corruption which the courts have not even given verdicts on yet?

as far as I know, the courts are also corrupted, coz many judges accept GIFTS (prior to court cases) which bias their decisions.

so theres no point waiting for court case results.

the anti-corruption knows what has gone on, and they research all bank transactions and the sources of where money comes from and goes to.

i'm sure they know what they are doing.

but I worry it could get 'dangerous' for them now. (humiliating public figures). we all know how proud thai people can be. so 'shaming' them publicly may cause some revenge from the ones being exposed.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

i hope this museum lets people know that Thailand could have had way better infrastructure, roads, sewerage, damns, irrigation, better electric (cables underground), cleaner water, better everything... but it does not have this because of the stolen money from the corrupt people in thailand.

thai people really have to know how it has affected them.

the focus should NOT be about how greedy corrupt people got rich... but it should be how Thailand has Lost out and fallen behind.

That is how thai people will realize and disagree with corruption.

if thai people only learn that greedy people get rich, they wont realize it has affected their life and they wont get angry.

They can't be that short of money and funding if they have sufficient for this. Here was me reading that the cut in their budget was desperately affecting their ability to function properly and have enough resources........

I agree. What with this and the proposed old lottery offices being turned into a museum solely dedicated the king, one wonders just how short of funds for essentials such as infrastructure and revamping old buses instead of buying new ones, ad infinitum, they really are.

So current gov is not corrupted? They all milionairies, and they already secured top positions with family members smile.png

They better make it a big one to fit in future hall of shamers. They should make it a wax museum so we can see them in all of their finery. On second thought make it so other floors and an elevator can be added in the future.

Edited by elgordo38

Why a museum that few people will visit?

Why not a website called Dirtythailand.com highlighting all the corruption, scams and individuals that have benefitted that will live forever online...

Good idea...poorly executed.

"Why not a website called Dirtythailand.com.."

I had to do a quick Google search regarding that website name and it actually exists.

It does however deal with another subject matter entirely..whistling.gif

Oops...my bad. I should have checked first.

www.corruptthailand.com is still available.

What???? No GT200 scanners in the Museum??? How disappointing. One would have thought a sufficient amount of time had passed to allow them into the museum.

I wonder if they will have an empty room in the Museum - a room that in all essential respects is identical to an empty art gallery with white walls. In this room one would just stand in silence to honor the corruption that cannot be named or spoken of or even hinted at.

In the same spirit of a Corruption Museum (look mom, look what we once had in Thailand) perhaps a democracy museum would be good too.