Empty Condo - Lat Prao

Wanted to pass along...

Wife is working on TV series which they need a condominium as last years series. They are using the same building.

Wife tells me that the entire building just as vacant as a year ago, again they rented an entire floor for the show. Elevator access unlimited.

She says she's never seen much of anyone come/go.

There are many people on here thinking of buying a condo. They ask questions like "do you think this is a good investment".

The OP has knowledge of lack of demand for BKK condos, and posted that as a public service.

Thanks OP.

There are many people on here thinking of buying a condo. They ask questions like "do you think this is a good investment".

The OP has knowledge of lack of demand for BKK condos, and posted that as a public service.

Thanks OP.

Really you gleaned all that info from 1 empty condo? awesome research!

Thanks OP.

There's a phrase we use for trolls like you. Starts with an 'F', ends in an 'e'. has 'uck off mat' in the middle.

"There is a condominium complex in Lat Prao that has been standing vacant for more than a year. "

I'll notify the press immediately!

Within walking distance from Muang Thong Thani, there are a half-dozen condo towers, and half of them were empty. Recently, there has been a lot of activity. A recent news article mentioned a Thai woman who bought a dozen units @ 350K each and, after fixing them up, invested a total of 500K. She rents them @ 4K/month. In less than a year, she made her money back.

Thanks OP.

There's a phrase we use for trolls like you. Starts with an 'F', ends in an 'e'. has 'uck off mat' in the middle.

Charming. You still hold the distinction of providing the single most useless piece of research ever posted on a forum discussing property clap2.gif

"There is a condominium complex in Lat Prao that has been standing vacant for more than a year. "

Within walking distance from Muang Thong Thani, there are a half-dozen condo towers, and half of them were empty. Recently, there has been a lot of activity. A recent news article mentioned a Thai woman who bought a dozen units @ 350K each and, after fixing them up, invested a total of 500K. She rents them @ 4K/month. In less than a year, she made her money back.

She bought a dozen, so how was it 500k total?

I doubt she has got any returns for the purchase price of Bt350k each.

She probably only got back the refurbishment cost of Bt150k each after four years, less common fees.

And she probably needs to make further refurbishing after that four years, given the class of tenants at the said rent level.

I doubt she has got any returns for the purchase price of Bt350k each.

She probably only got back the refurbishment cost of Bt150k each after four years, less common fees.

And she probably needs to make further refurbishing after that four years, given the class of tenants at the said rent level.

Yeah, 4k x 12 is about 48k by my calculations... That would mean more than 7 years just to recoup purchase price, never mind the refurb costs ! She tells porky pies mate :)

• 2 weeks later...