Tonys Fitness

toenail

Once a year Tony Fitness has a life time membership promotion which lasts a week (I think). Does anyone remember which month this promotion is available and if it will be offered this season?

(Please the grumpy old men do not need to bad mouth Tonys Fitness- I am not asking for a rating from a forum critic.)

I don't think that all the campaigns are restricted to a particular month. Over the years I've seen a great many campaigns and as far as I can remember they were spread out over the year.

But I've been wrong before......

I've been waiting for the lifetime special to come around too. I've been doing annual memberships for about 8 years. Like the dunce and cynic I am, I always resisted signing up for the lifetime plan because I figured Tony's would go out of business, as so many clubs do in the U.S. Suffice it to say, I could have saved a lot of money over the years with the lifetime membership. Of course, with my luck, they will now go out of business shortly after I sign up. tongue.png

If you dig through the photos on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tonys-Group/348226221886139?sk=photos_stream), you can find the various past specials for annual and lifetime memberships. The specials are only good for one day. Here are the most recent:

11-24-2013 Lifetime All Clubs 17990
01-11-2014 Annual All Clubs 5990
04-11-2014 Annual All Clubs 6990
07-19-2014 Lifetime All Clubs14990
12-23-2014 Lifetime All Clubs15999
03-21-2015 Annual All Clubs 5990 Baht

I've been waiting for the lifetime special to come around too. I've been doing annual memberships for about 8 years. Like the dunce and cynic I am, I always resisted signing up for the lifetime plan because I figured Tony's would go out of business, as so many clubs do in the U.S. Suffice it to say, I could have saved a lot of money over the years with the lifetime membership. Of course, with my luck, they will now go out of business shortly after I sign up. tongue.png

If you dig through the photos on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tonys-Group/348226221886139?sk=photos_stream), you can find the various past specials for annual and lifetime memberships. The specials are only good for one day. Here are the most recent:

11-24-2013 Lifetime All Clubs 17990
01-11-2014 Annual All Clubs 5990
04-11-2014 Annual All Clubs 6990
07-19-2014 Lifetime All Clubs14990
12-23-2014 Lifetime All Clubs15999
03-21-2015 Annual All Clubs 5990 Baht

If you worry that Tony would go out of business, than this year is for sure not the right year to sign up, as it looks as every business in Pattaya risks to go out of business.

Edited by Anthony5

This grumpy old man got his lifetime membership for Tony's in August 2012, the month after California Wow closed. He hasn't used it much for the last 2 years though - last time was about September 2013.

Sometimes the critics here are not just "forum critics" but experienced gym goers. I started gym in 1975 when Arnold was still competing LOL. I've been using Tony's on and off since 2005. I don't like it for a multitude of reasons. I'm saying this because you may end up like me - buying a lifetime and not getting any use out of it.

You don't say if you're spent much time training at Tony's, but if you haven't, don't rush in. Get yourself dirty first, which is actually quite easy there.

Same here, I got to bored to come back home dirty after going there...

This grumpy old man got his lifetime membership for Tony's in August 2012, the month after California Wow closed. He hasn't used it much for the last 2 years though - last time was about September 2013.

Sometimes the critics here are not just "forum critics" but experienced gym goers. I started gym in 1975 when Arnold was still competing LOL. I've been using Tony's on and off since 2005. I don't like it for a multitude of reasons. I'm saying this because you may end up like me - buying a lifetime and not getting any use out of it.

You don't say if you're spent much time training at Tony's, but if you haven't, don't rush in. Get yourself dirty first, which is actually quite easy there.

Yes, must be frustrating coming home dirty and sweaty after a gym sessioncoffee1.gif

Yes, must be frustrating coming home dirty and sweaty after a gym sessioncoffee1.gif

LOL. You hadn't embarrassed yourself enough on the other thread?

If you like to be dirty after a workout, Tonys is definitely your gym. You're be sweaty AND dirty.

If you like to be dirty after a workout, Tonys is definitely your gym. You're be sweaty AND dirty.

Actually, for a native English speaker like you to be so clueless about uncomplicated sentences (in English) is frankly astonishing.

I don't mind being sweaty after a stint in the gym. And using worn down dumbbells and assorted other equipment will leave you a bit dirty. Tony's gym could definitively use better cleaning but it's way better than disco gyms full of time wasters like California WOW.

I hope this is not ambiguous.

Actually, for a native English speaker like you to be so clueless about uncomplicated sentences (in English) is frankly astonishing.

I don't mind being sweaty after a stint in the gym. And using worn down dumbbells and assorted other equipment will leave you a bit dirty. Tony's gym could definitively use better cleaning but it's way better than disco gyms full of time wasters like California WOW.

I hope this is not ambiguous.

This time you're very clear, unlike the nonsense you presented earlier. Thank you!

You like Tony's and you don't mind being dirty after a workout. That's your choice. Perhaps you go there dirty? You wouldn't be the only one. People sweat all over the machines and benches, don't bring towels, don't wear shirts, don't wear deodorant etc - that's one of the problems. They don't enforce any basic gym hygiene code.

It was just mentioned here in case people are looking for clean gyms. It is a requirement for some people.

Now that you bring up California Wow - had the best workout I've ever had in Pattaya there - I do miss it.sad.png

Totally agree that we miss a gym with all the California machines but it seems that it won't come.

Tony I tried it because it was cheap and I tried to force myself to think that we don't need brand new equipment to be fit, but really Tony is the worst gym that I have tried and even when I was in poor suburbs in Africa the gym was better than this...

In reply to the OP. It would make little sense for Tony to broadcast, way ahead of time, when he's going to offer lifetime memberships. Would you do that if you owned a gym? Of course not. There's a reason why he drives expensive, exotic sportscars - Tony is smarter than that and there's a good reason why his lifetime memberships offers are unpredictable. How many regular membership sales would he lose doing that? I know people who paid for a full membership a week before the special offer came out... and of course it makes the sales of his lifetime memberships far more vigorous too. It's a win-win for him.

... and in addition to that, by keeping his gyms rather mediocre with little maintenance and economizing on air conditioning, there's no problem of overcrowding by lifetime members, who soon fall by the wayside. If all the lifetime members over the last 10 years came to the gym regularly, you wouldn't be able to get in through the door.

I suggest you consider a lifetime membership a one year deal, as that's likely the most use the average user gets out of it before they give up.

Edited by tropo

I had used california wow for a couple years at the avenue location. I loved itr, it was clean...virtually quiet and on occaision had some eye candy. i do miss that place, had everything i need and being close to City Garden, it was perfect for me. the fact that the restaurant was next door was a perfect combination...great workout....then get a to-go meal on my way home.