Can recommend the turbo oven for making pizzas.

giddyup

Normally, once a month or so, I order in a pizza, usually from Pizza Company, but decided to try and make my own. Of course if you have a full size oven it would be simple. I don't but I have one of those glass bowled turbo ovens, Otto brand. Bought the pizza bases from Makro, cheap as, spread tomato paste, topped with red peppers, onion, mushrooms, ham and cheese on top, set oven at 250 for 10-15 minutes, and voila! Cooked to perfection.

Thanks for that, giddyup. At what height did you cook the pizza?

There's a grill that comes with the oven, it's non-adjustable, and I guess it's only a few inches below the actual element, but used that and it does the job. I would say a maximum of 15 minutes to cook, as any longer than that and the pastry base will start to burn.

There's a grill that comes with the oven, it's non-adjustable, and I guess it's only a few inches below the actual element, but used that and it does the job. I would say a maximum of 15 minutes to cook, as any longer than that and the pastry base will start to burn.

W also cook pizza the same way, in fact the wife is an expert at them.

We pour some water in the base of the turbo over when cooking anything.

This helps with cleaning but also helps steam foods as well as grill them.

Works a treat with pizza, no really crusty base, of course some people like that so fine tune to suit your style.

We also have an oven but prefer this method, oh, I also like instant coffee so obviously have no taste so disregard the above.........

Works a treat with pizza, no really crusty base, of course some people like that so fine tune to suit your style.

We also have an oven but prefer this method, oh, I also like instant coffee so obviously have no taste so disregard the above.........

The bases I bought from Makro, something like 40 baht for 4, turned out crispy enough, more to the edges than centre of course. I drink instant coffee as well, and I don't see the point of building a wood fired, brick pizza oven, just to have pizza once a month, but I'm sure Thailandforumaddict has one.

The bases I bought from Makro, something like 40 baht for 4, turned out crispy enough, more to the edges than centre of course. I drink instant coffee as well, and I don't see the point of building a wood fired, brick pizza oven, just to have pizza once a month, but I'm sure Thailandforumaddict has one.

My neighbour just built one, 45,000 baht. They would want to be nice pizzas.

People who never ate a pizza cooked in this "oven" really don't know what they are speaking about...

Hey guys you dont see a VERY VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between a shiiiite oottoo sold 400 thb and a 45000 thb brick oven ?

Between that you can even bu ya good standard oven for 5000 thb ! And then your pizza won't taste like an old dead mushroom, easy to understand ?

<3 Love <3

People who never ate a pizza cooked in this "oven" really don't know what they are speaking about...

Hey guys you dont see a VERY VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between a shiiiite oottoo sold 400 thb and a 45000 thb brick oven ?

Between that you can even bu ya good standard oven for 5000 thb ! And then your pizza won't taste like an old dead mushroom, easy to understand ?

<3 Love <3

Have you ever tried one cooked in a turbo oven? Probably not. What's the difference between that and a normal electric oven? Nothing. Who is going to spend 45,000 baht on a pizza oven that they use once a month? Your comments, and your command of the English language make no sense.

<3 Love <3

Have you ever tried one cooked in a turbo oven? Probably not. What's the difference between that and a normal electric oven? Nothing. Who is going to spend 45,000 baht on a pizza oven that they use once a month? Your comments, and your command of the English language make no sense.

The mushrooms I use are cannnd so they are old and dead but they taste fine to me.

And a fan oven works perfectly for me.