Have you let yourself go?

YeahSiam

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If trolling burnt calories, some people would be fit as a fiddle.

I trolled cycled 11Km from CM zoo to Wat Doi Suthep this morning and back.

Will do the same tomorrow (if not raining).

At 60, I'm the fittest I have ever been in my life.

Trying to get down to 45 mins ...... now it still takes me 60 minutes.

that's a hell of a climb

I saw some cyclists on my way up in a new Vios... the engine was too weak for anything faster than a crawl

I'm always wondering what the hell could motivate someone to make that climb on a bicycle ... maybe a penance for some really bad sins ?

Edited by manarak

I regularly run outdoors, cycle, and work out at the gym. I rarely drink during the week, but enjoy a good binge in the weekends. My weight is more or less the same as when I arrived in Thailand 10+ years ago,

Being in good physical shape helps open doors, even more so in a country that places too much emphasis on such things. More importantly however, I like being a healthier, stronger, version of me.

A "good binge" is going to ruin all the weeks good work, I assume you mean you drink to get drunk at the weekends, a social drink is fine, but IMO

getting drunk is a big no no.

Somewhere between 6 - 8 drinks over the period of a Friday night. It is probably less than ideal, but I don't get paralytic tongue.png

I'm comfortable with the balance I have now. 180cm, 74kg, and regularly do 10k and 21k runs. If I cut back on the burgers, burritos, and beer, I'd probably be 70kg, but miserable rolleyes.gif

There is no magic bullet. I was in the fitness business, military and civilian for 30 years and was still exercising 3 times a day 6 days week until age 49 when I had a stroke. I found out later that a heart condition caused that, possibly brought on by too much aggressive exercise in my youth. The weight piled on, then pneumonia nearly took me out. I worked hard at my diet and lost 30kgs, then found out I have Type 2 diabetes.

Churchill (Cigar in hand) to Montgomery: So General, spot of lunch and a drink?

Monty: I don't smoke or drink and I'm 100% fit

Churchill: Well I smoke and drink and I'm 200% fit

Monty died at 87, Churchill lived until he was 90......

Mindful that I'm a touch cynical, ultimately it's whatever works for you. There is a theory that if you do all the right things you will live longer, but perhaps not enjoy life as much as the couch potato who smokes, drinks and eats just about anything. I don't smoke or drink but do humour my sweet tooth. My brother, same background, and I agree. We all have to die of something, so might as well enjoy it while we can.

All that said, one man's meat is another man's poison, so each to their own and bugg*r what anyone else thinks.

I went to the doctor, and I told him I want to live forever.

"Stop drinking, smoking and chasing loose women"

"Will that make me live forever?"

"No, but it will feel like it"

I am a little confused, why is the focus of this discussion to be able to get laid, however ugly or fat you are? I mean; getting laid can't possibly be your sole goal in life?

Some men actually define their masculinity by the number of women they can have sex with.

That they have to pay for it doesn't factor into the equation.

I am immune to such things. I guess I just have good genes.

I drink 3 large cans of beer every evening. I smoke a pack a day. I do not exercise. I eat whatever I like.

Coincidentally this year we had our 10th graduation anniversary. The majority of my former classmates have really let themselves go, especially those with kids, I guess having kids makes you age faster somehow. I myself actually look, I dare say, better than 10 years ago. Must be the haircut though.

I am immune to such things. I guess I just have good genes.

I drink 3 large cans of beer every evening. I smoke a pack a day. I do not exercise. I eat whatever I like.

Coincidentally this year we had our 10th graduation anniversary. The majority of my former classmates have really let themselves go, especially those with kids, I guess having kids makes you age faster somehow. I myself actually look, I dare say, better than 10 years ago. Must be the haircut though.

I was like that. Until I got to my thirties.

I am a little confused, why is the focus of this discussion to be able to get laid, however ugly or fat you are? I mean; getting laid can't possibly be your sole goal in life?

Some men actually define their masculinity by the number of women they can have sex with.

That would be all men who define their masculinity by the number of women they can have sex with.

Silly eh? To leave out all the other partners. What about guys from NZ?

That would be all men who define their masculinity by the number of women they can have sex with.

Not all men define themselves the same way you do.

My point was some men are confident in their masculinity without defining who or what their partners are. biggrin.png

What is your point again?

What is your point again?

He's making a pitch for celibacy isn't he? Can priests/monks be masculine? I guess so; eh?

Edited by lostoday

My point was some men are confident in their masculinity without defining who or what their partners are. biggrin.png

In that case, I quite agree. Some men don't feel they have to prove anything to themselves or others.

He's making a pitch for celibacy isn't he? Can priests/monks be masculine? I guess so; eh?

Hardly

It's just that getting my end away doesn't dominate my life.

Might have something to do with the fact that getting women to sleep with me isn't the novelty it is for the guys who are continually going on about it on Thaivisa.

Hardly

Might have something to do with the fact that getting women to sleep with me isn't the novelty it is for the guys who are continually going on about it on Thaivisa.

I agree the novelty of one woman soon wears off. Three ballet dancers, a contortionist, two midgets and an ex female wrestler now that takes a while to get used to. (I really love Thailand especially now that they have ballet)

Not to leave out the guys who like watersports they now have a Thai water ballet team too. wai2.gif

Warning; Don't try this at home unless you are a professional and the above is meant for cultural information purposes only (of course).

Edited by lostoday

Hardly

Some men have naturally low sex drives, don't worry about it.

Everyone's different.

Hardly

Everyone's different.

Drug-induced sexual dysfunction in men and women

Commonly implicated drugs includ e antihypertensives, antidepressants, antipsychotics and antiandrogens.

http://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/36/2/42/5

Hardly

Everyone's different.

So because I'm not constantly carping on about sex and the number of prostitutes I can potentially nail, I have a low sex drive?? rolleyes.gif

Maybe I just had too much in my earlier days when I enjoyed my youth instead of marrying a woman with no libido like some

You want a guy from NZ to be your partner? Mate, come out of the closet. There's no shame. We're all adults here.

I understand your interest. We Kiwi blokes are pretty sexy.

When I came here in my early 50's and everyone told me what a 'hansum man' I was, I tried to live up to it.

Doubled my exercise time, lowered my fat and caloric intake, facial treatments at the spa, bought tight-fitting pants and t-shirts, etc.

Now, in my mid-sixties, I'm not only 'hansum' but ravishing too.

post-108400-14405707297041_thumb.jpg

I found that moving here gave me an extra incentive to get fitter - it's just too hot and sweaty to be carrying any extra weight around.

That is a valid point (sorry SB - have to agree with you on this one)....Coming from California there were some years a month or two could be lost to winter conditions - other states 4-6 months lost.....

Here, conditions almost compel you to stay in shape + provide enough good weather for year around healthy activities.....

Personally I enjoyed more of an activity laden lifestyle and hated driving to a Gym.....

Had a home gym there and putting one together here so can take a quick work out once - or a few of times a day.....But still prefer the outside activities.....