Islamist hacker group attacks Thai government websites

webfact

Islamist hacker group attacks Thai government websites
By Asian Correspondent Staff
By Daniel Maxwell

BANGKOK: -- Islamic cyber group Fallaga hacked six Thai government websites on Monday, replacing the sites’ original content with images and messages condemning the treatment of Rohingya refugees.

The attacks which took place during the early hours of the morning, targeting the official government websites of four provinces (Lamphun, Sing Buri, Sa Kaeo and Tak), a government hospital and a university publishing house. A Ministry of Information spokesperson confirmed the six sites had been compromised but that the hackers had not accessed any government information.

The hackers identified themselves as members of the Tunisia-based Fallaga Team, a name they claim to have taken from anti-colonial militants that fought against the French occupation of Tunisia. Fallaga has previously hacked French, Belgium, Tunisian, and Israeli websites.

They were also one of the groups involved in the unprecedented cyber assault on French media in the wake of the Charlie Hedbo killings. They admit to sharing religious and political beliefs with ISIS but have confirmed that they are an entirely independent organisation.

Full story: http://asiancorrespondent.com/135089/islamist-hacker-group-attacks-thai-government-websites/

-- ASIAN CORRESPONDENT 2015-08-25

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand's Shrine Bombing - The Case For Turkey's Grey Wolves
Susan Cunningham ,CONTRIBUTOR

BANGKOK: -- The most likely perpetrators of the deadly Bangkok bombing last week were militant members of a right-wing Turkish organization infuriated by the Thai government’s forcible repatriation of Uighur refugees back to China. Anthony Davis, a veteran security analyst with IHS-Jane’s, made a persuasive case for the Grey Wolves on a panel at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand Monday evening.

He did not rule out the possibility that other foreign militant Muslim organizations could be responsible for August 18 bomb at the Erawan Shrine that killed 20 people and injured 126. He found it extremely unlikely, however, it was the work of Thai dissident political groups or even of the Muslim insurgents in southern Thailand who have waged a separatist war in three border provinces for the past decade.

Some of the strongest evidence in favor of the ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves was the fury throughout Turkey that followed the Thai repatriaton on July 9 of 109 Uighurs and the Grey Wolves’ visibility during the attacks on the Thai Embassy in Istanbul. A violent wing of the loosely organized pan-Turkic organization in recent years has taken up the cause of the Uighurs. The Uighurs are persecuted fellow Muslims in China’s western Xinjiang province, which Uighurs call “East Turkestan.”

Full story: http://www.forbes.com/sites/susancunningham/2015/08/24/thailands-shrine-bombing-the-case-for-turkeys-grey-wolves/

-- Forbes 2015-08-25

admin 12345 just does not cut it any more...

I can't even do my posts from a Samsung "smart" phone - Facebook &%$#@ just jams up after one minute. The hackers must be using better equipment than me.

Edited by xerostar

A Ministry of Information spokesperson confirmed the six sites had been compromised but that the hackers had not accessed any government information.

Of course not. Government information is hacker proof. Joke of the day.

The gist of the Forbes article, as I figure, is that someone has now become angry enough at Thailand to do something like terrorist attacks.

That the southern problems also involve the faithful adds wood to the fire.

if Davis is right, then the blame for the attack can be laid at the feet of the Thai military government.

If Davis is right, then the blame for the attack can be laid at the feet of Bloody Muslims again..... WHY would you blame the Thai government ?. There are stupid people and there are very stupid people...

if Davis is right, then the blame for the attack can be laid at the feet of the Thai military government.

If Davis is right, then the blame for the attack can be laid at the feet of Bloody Muslims again..... WHY would you blame the Thai government ?. There are stupid people and there are very stupid people...

I agree, but this is the reason the RTP and Prayuth have been deflecting blame away from the Muslim Turkish terrorists. Because it is a loss of face that a policy of the junta, the deportation of the Uighur refugees back to China, angered a group of people so much that it motivated them to bomb innocents. Even if such a retaliatory response clearly wasn't rational or proportionate.

Hmmmm

Could any of these groups then be responsible for the recent bombing attack in BKK?

No the the general bent on blaming the locals...probably TRT/red shirts...
I don't think that is actually widely believed. But certainly among the possibilities.

I have been telling my gf (simply because I have no one to talk to regarding these matters ) that her government is wasting incredible time crapping on the thieving policeman while Muslims are slowly claiming her country. Thaksin should be the very last thing on this government agenda.

You must love reruns of Mel Gibson , Conspiracy Theory

that's odd, because I read that Davis said,

The most likely perpetrators of the deadly Bangkok bombing last week were militant members of a right-wing Turkish organization