Ovens

TPUBON

I've seen Pizza type ovens at the Buriram Makro that are gas ovens. It's been my observation that Smeg, Teka, Siemens can offer a range with gas burners, but the oven will be electric. My favorite local bakery in Buriram has a gas baking oven he bought from a restaurant supply dealer in Korat.

post-20604-0-46587600-1440606691_thumb.j

My missus bought a 'Singer' LPG one with 3 burners not 4......So look for a 'Singer' shop..........supposed to be good quality. But another friend has told me that this type of oven when bought in Thailand does not have a thermostat.

to bake a REAL pizza properly one needs heat of around 380 degrees Celsius from the bottom and 290 from the top. Better even is 420 top and 350 bottom, resulting in your famed stone-baked pizza with the bubbles in the crust . . . . .

Conventional ovens don´t get hotter than 250 degrees Celsius which disqualifies them to be called ´pizza oven´

Any pizza left in an oven longer than 10 minutes I call ´fried dried crumbled bread with tomato topping´ !

There ARE gas-powered pizza ovens . . available from restaurant special suppliers , most from overseas, not available in Thailand . . . . but all these don´t work with the conventional pressure regulation valve which is standard use with Gas bottles

. . WARNING: don´t try to boost the heat by removing the pressure minimizer . . . !!!

I have a oven. Gas on top,3 burners and 1 electric warmer. Oven on bottom is electric though. Bought it 3 years ago at "Do Home" Ubonwatsadu. It was like $1000 US. No complaints. The bottom is normal oven and convection too.

to bake a REAL pizza properly one needs heat of around 380 degrees Celsius from the bottom and 290 from the top. Better even is 420 top and 350 bottom, resulting in your famed stone-baked pizza with the bubbles in the crust . . . . .

Conventional ovens don´t get hotter than 250 degrees Celsius which disqualifies them to be called ´pizza oven´

Any pizza left in an oven longer than 10 minutes I call ´fried dried crumbled bread with tomato topping´ !

There ARE gas-powered pizza ovens . . available from restaurant special suppliers , most from overseas, not available in Thailand . . . . but all these don´t work with the conventional pressure regulation valve which is standard use with Gas bottles

. . WARNING: don´t try to boost the heat by removing the pressure minimizer . . . !!!

agree 100%

Archived