90 day reports by mail.. stopping ?

LivinLOS

I was going to mail 90 day for the first time because last time I was at Promenada I seen one guy with Thai wife next in line 1 Thai and then one older white guy then some French people and more behind them, after about an hour the white guy behind the Thai guy went to the men's room. When he come back there was three more Thai guys in his place and when he stood in his position he was punched push clearly out of line and abused. But now I cannot mail and scared to line up in the queue again, is there an avenue via the Internet 90 day reporting?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some clarification is obviously needed on the whether mail ins will be suspended ASAP.If it is correct its another stupid ,backward,illogical step

The more actual "live" reports and not speculation would be helpful. What a dysfunctional operation CM Imm is.

Some clarification is obviously needed on the whether mail ins will be suspended ASAP.If it is correct its another stupid ,backward,illogical step

The more actual "live" reports and not speculation would be helpful. What a dysfunctional operation CM Imm is.

If so the logic is such that it will throw a few hundred more potential clients in the direction of a money making machine?

I just received mine by mail a few days ago in Doi Saket with no note about it not being an option in the future.

Not that I, being regarded as an inferior species, would ever expect to be notified....

After reading all the post i am thinking of other options if I use a 90 day local service,”what sort of credentials do they need to obtain from the Thai government" before they receive license to handle so many different countries citizens passports?

After reading all the post i am thinking of other options if I use a 90 day local service,”what sort of credentials do they need to obtain from the Thai government" before they receive license to handle so many different countries citizens passports?

No original passports are required for 90-day reports.

Just use the post. It's easy - and costs only 34 THB both ways - registered.

After reading all the post i am thinking of other options if I use a 90 day local service,what sort of credentials do they need to obtain from the Thai government" before they receive license to handle so many different countries citizens passports?

No original passports are required for 90-day reports.

Just use the

post. It's easy - and costs only 34 THB both ways - registered.

You do know what the title of the thread is?

I sincerely hope it's incorrect but the signs are not good. I think the coming week or two will give us the answer.

We had just started using mail in since the move to Promenada as we had never had a problem at the airport but had read of the problems at the new office.

If it is the case then I guess the intermittent online 90 day reporting for Chiangmai will be the next and last to go.

We will be trying online first in early September followed by a mail in should that fail which it has so far.

I could be wrong but I doubt the 90-day reporting by post will cease. It would be chaos if it did.

And coincidentally a boom for any agents out there.

And the beat goes on. (As they say.)

Seems we are wandering around in the dark (or will be if we have to be at Promenada by 5 am).

Maybe a polite enquiry from one of the embassies might be the way to go.

The US seems to have the most sway but it would need a request for clarification from a citizen to prompt them into action. It wouldn't hurt if we all asked our embassies 'what the hell is going on'.

Very inconsistent.I have been reporting for 2 years, thats 8 mail ins,not one has been returned in more than 4 working days.

A couple,looking at the date stamps, have been processed on a Saturday.We live in Hang Dong not that it should make a diffence.

What mystifies me is that why,it would appear, is CM the only Immigration office in the country that is making life a little more difficult for expats?

Reports from former colleagues and friends, only in the last 2 weeks, in Phuket ,Hua Hin ,Pattaya and Bangkok all report no changes ,no problems.

A friend made this comment that I'll pass along because it did make me pause and think:

1) What shirt color supports the current government?

2) What is the predominate shirt color in Chiang Mai?

3) What is the predominate shirt color in BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket?

Draw your own conclusions.

My conclusion was, "Da*m, caught between a rock and a hard place."

But I also had an, "Ah-ha" moment.

Edited by connda

A friend made this comment that I'll pass along because it did make me pause and think:

Sorry but no. If you've been following the various threads documenting the decline in service at Promenada, it should be pretty obvious what's causing it. Has nothing to do with shirt colors.

Edited by TheAppletons

OK, Appleton. What is motivating the current situation at Prom Immig? I can agree shirt color is probably not the cause but i'm rather a noobie in CM so have an incomplete political/cultural understanding of this place.

And unfortunately, we here may be forbidden to discuss the root cause of this chaos. It's a shame.

OK, Appleton. What is motivating the current situation at Prom Immig? I can agree shirt color is probably not the cause but i'm rather a noobie in CM so have an incomplete political/cultural understanding of this place.

And unfortunately, we here may be forbidden to discuss the root cause of this chaos. It's a shame.

Correct - several posts regarding the situation have been deleted by the moderating team for violation of forum rules.

Seems we are wandering around in the dark (or will be if we have to be at Promenada by 5 am).

The US seems to have the most sway but it would need a request for clarification from a citizen to prompt them into action. It wouldn't hurt if we all asked our embassies 'what the hell is going on'.

I agree if are Embassies would make inquire's we might get some answers. If we as a group or individual do it they would more than likely take it as an insult to them. They are aware of the problems just as much as us. Perhaps they don't care or perhaps they have more plans. Time will tell.

Very inconsistent.I have been reporting for 2 years, thats 8 mail ins,not one has been returned in more than 4 working days.

A couple,looking at the date stamps, have been processed on a Saturday.We live in Hang Dong not that it should make a diffence.

What mystifies me is that why,it would appear, is CM the only Immigration office in the country that is making life a little more difficult for expats?

Reports from former colleagues and friends, only in the last 2 weeks, in Phuket ,Hua Hin ,Pattaya and Bangkok all report no changes ,no problems.

This is not a new problem we were having problems when the PTP was in power and we all know that they were in power due to the power of the red shirts and their leader who has a home in Chiang Mai. It is partially are own fault. We have been telling are friends how wonderful Chiang Mai is rather than one day a year it is a bit inconvenient. As a result they have come to Chiang Mai and found out we were rite and decided to stay causing that one day to get even more inconvenient.

Hi all,

Would it be too much to ask??? Anyone going to visiting immigration this week, either the old location or new, PLEASE ask them if the 90 day report by mail is still accepted or discontinued. There is no definitive answer that we know of.

THANKS...

I heard this morning that that is happening, to at least 2 embassies.

There was one other group that considered their senior consular officials were too incompetent to bother even contacting. Your guess is as good as mine.

As I said, this is simply what I heard.

We will see.

Edited by Thailand

It would appear that some people would prefer to be holding more folding than they are at present.

A Thai friend called immigration at the airport office this afternoon to ask if her husband could send his 90 day report by mail and if so where to.

She was told no problem,but send it to the old address and EMS both ways.

Edited by Thailand

A Thai friend called immigration at the airport office this afternoon to ask if her husband could send his 90 day report by mail and if so where to.

That is ridiculous. EMS is not very reliable and is double the price of Rong Tabien.

Use Rong Tabien - both ways of course. We sell high volume and use Rong Tabien exclusively - unless the value is more than 1500 Baht, then the insurance of EMS is a factor - up to 7K International and I think 2500 Baht domestic. Rong Tabien is a much better service.

That is ridiculous. EMS is not very reliable and is double the price of Rong Tabien.

Use Rong Tabien - both ways of course. We sell high volume and use Rong Tabien exclusively - unless the value is more than 1500 Baht, then the insurance of EMS is a factor - up to 7K International and I think 2500 Baht domestic. Rong Tabien is a much better service.

Pop in to immigration and tell them they are wrong and need to change their recommendations perhaps?

Popped into Airport Immigration Office today with some papers and asked them about 90 day mail in service and was told there are no plans to stop the service. Guess i'll find out for sure when i mail in during October !

They are obviousness unaware of Thai Visa with it's inside information.

They are very aware of Thai Visa they might not be able to speak fluent English, I should say very far from it, but they read the international language quite well. We don't have a hand in making policy in other countries simply we do not count in the affairs of the future direction of this country, we are only visitors so enjoy it while it last.

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard font

Popped into Airport Immigration Office today with some papers and asked them about 90 day mail in service and was told there are no plans to stop the service. Guess i'll find out for sure when i mail in during October !

They are obviousness unaware of Thai Visa with it's inside information.

northernjohn: What exactly did you mean by this statement. Was there something posted in TV that indicated 90 days reports by mail was discontinued. Please clarify.

Thanks.