90 day reports by mail.. stopping ?

LivinLOS

I just read a report, stating that a CNX resident who mailed his slip was called by immigration and told he could no longer do mail in reports, had to get his forms and do it manually.

In the thread this was raised there was confirmation that it was still operating fine early august.

My details would never make the online system work (maybe that changes next entry to the country ??) and doing 90 days at the mess in promenada is not something I am willing to go through.

Are immigration pushing everyone to use the 'approved' agent services now ??

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Online reporting works fine AFTER you've done it once, in person. The database/time-clock is not linked to border arrivals, if that makes sense. For ppl like you who frequently travel abroad, you may find the need for an agent @ 500bt per report if mail-in is ever dropped. So far there is no official confirmation that this is the case.

The person in question lived in Chiangmai and was told it was now only for those who lived outside the area though no idea what the range is. It is the first time I have heard of this recently so may be some other reason.

Until we hear otherwise I guess it should be treated as an isolated case.

BTW I believe it is only the "new agency" that is charging THB500 for an immediate 90 day submission while you wait, I believe the others charge THB1000 for 4 annual submissions?

Online reporting works fine AFTER you've done it once, in person.

So far for me the online reporting has never worked..

That was in a passport after a series of mail in 90 day reports, and same passport after a border crossing (which I had hoped would reset it). I was hopeful a new passport and bangkok airport entry would make it up to date and compatible with whatever mystery criteria they apply.

Are you saying that after I return it wont work first time, but that if I do an in person 90 days report it works after that ??

Online reporting works fine AFTER you've done it once, in person.

So far for me the online reporting has never worked..

That was in a passport after a series of mail in 90 day reports, and same passport after a border crossing (which I had hoped would reset it). I was hopeful a new passport and bangkok airport entry would make it up to date and compatible with whatever mystery criteria they apply.

Are you saying that after I return it wont work first time, but that if I do an in person 90 days report it works after that ??

Yes, so long as you do online withing the permitted 'window' of 15 to 7 days before due date from last in-person-or-agent report.

Maybe members LivinLOS and Thailand could point to the TV thread or other source of information where they read these reports???

Quite frankly I find it hard to believe and it is a rumor at this point. Mods maybe close this thread until further info can be verified? Seems like an important issue.

Maybe members LivinLOS and Thailand could point to the TV thread or other source of information where they read these reports???

Quite frankly I find it hard to believe and it is a rumor at this point. Mods maybe close this thread until further info can be verified? Seems like an important issue.

It's old news from last year, they stopped taking mail in reports.

This year they're on again.

Which office did you post your report to, Promenada or the Airport office

regards Worgeordie

Which office did you post your report to, Promenada or the Airport office

regards Worgeordie

Airport

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Facebook posting.. If your not in the facebook group I dont think you will see the post..

So between what MaeJoMTB and sappersrest have just stated (which makes total sense to me), why not close the thread Mods?

If it was true, the reports would be coming in by the dozens by now.

Post 273

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/841644-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service/page-11

And this thread post 3 relates.

An interesting aside as to the interest, or number of people who are aware of and actually read TV, or do not respond, just read.

There is a thread running regarding a poll related to 90 online reporting, been going a few days so far 70 people have replied to the poll, which I would think is quite important. That 70 people represents about 1% of TV members.

The person in question lived in Chiangmai and was told it was now only for those who lived outside the area though no idea what the range is. It is the first time I have heard of this recently so may be some other reason.

Until we hear otherwise I guess it should be treated as an isolated case.

BTW I believe it is only the "new agency" that is charging THB500 for an immediate 90 day submission while you wait, I believe the others charge THB1000 for 4 annual submissions?

I believe it is 1,000 baht if they also do your yearly. 1,500 baht if they only do your 90 days. You still have to give them your passport for them to take it in then go back to their office to retrieve it.

Posted by hyku1147 on the pinned Promenada thread:

Posted 30 minutes ago
"On August 21st, the '90 day guy' told me that I had to go to Promenada for my November report. At first I thought that he had taken a disliking to me, but now it seems that the mail ins to CMI are ending."

Posted 30 minutes ago
"On August 21st, the '90 day guy' told me that I had to go to Promenada for my November report. At first I thought that he had taken a disliking to me, but now it seems that the mail ins to CMI are ending."

It is this sort of information which sometimes makes TV ChiangMai difficult to deal with as "information central." "Seems this; seems that." Get real !

Posted 30 minutes ago

It is this sort of information which sometimes makes TV ChiangMai difficult to deal with as "information central." "Seems this; seems that." Get real !

Easily explained,

The 90 day guy doesn't speak English that well, or Hyku doesn't understand English that well.

Or one or both of them is stupid, a drunk, or senile.

Posted by TV member Fore Man yesterday in another thread on the visa sub-forum:

"This past week, my Thai wife spoke to a captain who works at the airport immigration office. Beforehand, we were advised by the Promenada staff to contact the airport office to determine the whereabouts of my previously-submitted 90-day report via mail. The captain explained that he had processed my paperwork and it was in the pile to be returned by mail. He asked my wife to come over and retrieve my approved certificate rather than wait on the mail.
The foregoing is provided as background...
He then told her that the mail-in system is no longer supported and that the process has been stopped. Ergo, the only way going forward will be to submit your paperwork in person or via proxy at Promenada or use a commercial service to do it for you. My wife told the officer that this is a change to how most Chiang Mai expats view the 90-day reporting process and if it is a new policy, then it needs to be properly disseminated...via media announcements, posted signs and information boards at both immigration offices and on the immigration website. Until this formal announcement is properly made by the authoritities, they should expect continued mail-ins from expats living in this region. My own gut tells me they will accept mailed appIications until some saturation point is reached...when this will occur is of course yet unknown, but I wouldn't want to have mine caught in limbo...summarily rejected or even discarded and then be in jeopardy of paying penalties. My advice is to stay closely informed on this issue and don't make up your own rules."

Surely they would have to make it available to the elderly/infirm/immobile expats too.

Wouldn't they????

Posted by TV member Fore Man yesterday in another thread on the visa sub-forum:

"This past week, my Thai wife spoke to a captain who works at the airport immigration office. Beforehand, we were advised by the Promenada staff to contact the airport office to determine the whereabouts of my previously-submitted 90-day report via mail. The captain explained that he had processed my paperwork and it was in the pile to be returned by mail. He asked my wife to come over and retrieve my approved certificate rather than wait on the mail.

The foregoing is provided as background...

He then told her that the mail-in system is no longer supported and that the process has been stopped. Ergo, the only way going forward will be to submit your paperwork in person or via proxy at Promenada or use a commercial service to do it for you. My wife told the officer that this is a change to how most Chiang Mai expats view the 90-day reporting process and if it is a new policy, then it needs to be properly disseminated...via media announcements, posted signs and information boards at both immigration offices and on the immigration website. Until this formal announcement is properly made by the authoritities, they should expect continued mail-ins from expats living in this region. My own gut tells me they will accept mailed appIications until some saturation point is reached...when this will occur is of course yet unknown, but I wouldn't want to have mine caught in limbo...summarily rejected or even discarded and then be in jeopardy of paying penalties. My advice is to stay closely informed on this issue and don't make up your own rules."

Post #19 of this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/851558-chiang-mai-immigration-queue-online-visa-extension-service/

Another piece in the jigsaw that ensures that very soon everyone in Chiang mai will have no choice but to use an agent for everything that you could do yourself in the past for nothing but a bit of time.

I mailed my 90-day report to the Airport office on August 19. It was received by Immigration the day after. It's now Aug 29 and they still haven't sent me my new slip. I never had a problem with mailings before. Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to the Promenada office next week to see what's going on. I'll keep everyone posted.

I mailed my 90-day report to the Airport office on August 19. It was received by Immigration the day after. It's now Aug 29 and they still haven't sent me my new slip. I never had a problem with mailings before. Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to the Promenada office next week to see what's going on. I'll keep everyone posted.

Contrary to requests maybe the thread should stay open as it seems that perhaps this is only the beginning?

This happened to me when I tried the mail option. The reason I probably will not try it again.

This happened to me when I tried the mail option. The reason I probably will not try it again.

How did you finally get your new 90-day slip? Did you go pick it up at the airport office?

It sometimes takes up to 30 days to get mine back. I have been reporting by post for many years. Never had a single problem.

It's only been 9 days.....

Very inconsistent.I have been reporting for 2 years, thats 8 mail ins,not one has been returned in more than 4 working days.

A couple,looking at the date stamps, have been processed on a Saturday.We live in Hang Dong not that it should make a diffence.

What mystifies me is that why,it would appear, is CM the only Immigration office in the country that is making life a little more difficult for expats?

Reports from former colleagues and friends, only in the last 2 weeks, in Phuket ,Hua Hin ,Pattaya and Bangkok all report no changes ,no problems.

How did you finally get your new 90-day slip? Did you go pick it up at the airport office?

I went to the airport office and showed them the registered receipt and a copy of the tracking showing that it had been signed for at Immigration. The person at the counter went and talked to someone and came back and said I had to make the report that day since it was the last day allowed. I had to stand in line outside in the sun for quite some time waiting to get a number (they still issued numbers at that time) then wait to be called.

It was done that day, apparently quicker than some are getting now, but it is worth it to me to pay a service to do them.

People should not be so impatient. Just post them 15 days before an wait 15 days or more.... You still have 7 days after the due date if something should go wrong (which is highly unlikely). I've never had anything go wrong (except that one time they stopped processing them when the woman quit). That was about 3 years ago as I recall.

Archived