90 day reports by mail.. stopping ?

LivinLOS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mailed my 90-day report to the Airport office on August 19. It was received by Immigration the day after. It's now Aug 29 and they still haven't sent me my new slip. I never had a problem with mailings before. Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to the Promenada office next week to see what's going on. I'll keep everyone posted.

Follow-up (September 3, 2015): I just got my new 90-day slip!! It went right down to the wire! I was getting ready to go to Promenada tomorrow (Friday) in the wee hours of the morning, since Monday was the last day I could do it before having to pay the fine.

So the whole process took 15 days. I'm five miles south of Mae Rim. I sent it via ThaiPost.

NOTE: My last slip was valid till Sep 1. My 90-day permission was extended till Nov 17. So I lost 2 weeks by mailing it two weeks before.

ONE MORE NOTE: In back of my new 90-day slip is the full passport picture page of a British citizen. The passport expired Dec 2014.

I mailed my 90-day report to the Airport office on August 19. It was received by Immigration the day after. It's now Aug 29 and they still haven't sent me my new slip. I never had a problem with mailings before. Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to the Promenada office next week to see what's going on. I'll keep everyone posted.

Follow-up (September 3, 2015): I just got my new 90-day slip!! It went right down to the wire! I was getting ready to go to Promenada tomorrow (Friday) in the wee hours of the morning, since Monday was the last day I could do it before having to pay the fine.

So the whole process took 15 days. I'm five miles south of Mae Rim. I sent it via ThaiPost.

NOTE: My last slip was valid till Sep 1. My 90-day permission was extended till Nov 17. So I lost 2 weeks by mailing it two weeks before.

ONE MORE NOTE: In back of my new 90-day slip is the full passport picture page of a British citizen. The passport expired Dec 2014.

I told you so...wink.png

I don't know why but I too, always get papers from Immigration printed on the back of a British citizen's passport (photocopy)???facepalm.gif

I told you so...wink.png

I don't know why but I too, always get papers from Immigration printed on the back of a British citizen's passport (photocopy)???facepalm.gif

You don't expect them keep all those photocopies biggrin.png

Thanks for the update. This data point appears to be consistent with what we're seeing throughout the reports in this thread....that people who don't live in Chiang Mai itself are still being allowed to mail in their 90 day reports while people who do live in Chiang Mai are being told they have to come to Promenada to pay a fee file in person.

Edited by TheAppletons

No, I don't think that's it at all. The only common thread I can determine among those who are being told to come in to do their 90 day report is that there is a problem that has to be resolved in person. Or perhaps a TM30 was never filed for them, like if their extension was done out-of-province.

Some people are hearing they won't be able to file in person in the future, but so far, it doesn't seem that anyone who has mailed in a report that was properly done is having it rejected simply because they live too close to Immigration.

Five miles south of Mae Rim is very close the Immigration office and that person was permitted to mail in their report.

Edited by NancyL

No, I don't think that's it at all. The only common thread I can determine among those who are being told to come in to do their 90 day report is that there is a problem that has to be resolved in person. Or perhaps a TM30 was never filed for them, like if their extension was done out-of-province.

Some people are hearing they won't be able to file in person in the future, but so far, it doesn't seem that anyone who has mailed in a report that was properly done is having it rejected simply because they live too close to Immigration.

Five miles south of Mae Rim is very close the Immigration office and that person was permitted to mail in their report.

Although we cant confirm that this is true for every individual case, it has been made known that the 90day reporting is for people from outside the province such as Lumphun etc. We can confirm several clients have been called to go to immigration after already sending the 90day by mai, and told the mail option is not for people living in Chiang Mai.

Is this only applicable to Chiang Mai or has the same happened in other places? It would seem strange if only Chiang Mai.

It seems CM has been specially selected for this honour. Other centres have reportedly become more efficient.

A proving ground, so to speak. Just like the one Ford has near Geelong.

To apply for my Yellow Book 2 years ago I got one of those directly from Immig at the airport, and it certainly wasn't free then.

It should have been. We paid first time without realising that it should be free. Went to the Aussie consulate after that who has now retired, so next time we need one will be a bit of a test for us.

I concur with NancyL.

I concur with NancyL.

If anyone wants to know if you will be able to use mail for 90 day reports in the future go to immigration at the airport office with your passport and ask the elder officer at desk 5.

Today I was at Imm. Prom. and Col. Rutjapong, the head of CM Imm. happened to be there. After greetings -- he knows me from his talk at CM Expats Club in October, I mentioned there is a rumor that Imm. is stopping 90 day reports by mail. He doesn't understand such a rumor and assured me that CM Imm. is continuing 90 day reports by post (mail).

I go back to what I've said earlier. If someone is told "they can't do it" it's because they specifically have a problem. Not because "they" in the broad, global sense can't do it anymore. The document that Tywais developed and posted here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/ is the best description of what should be done to file your 90 day report by mail.

I received the OK from Col. Rutjapong to develop a handout that would be available at Imm. Prom to explain the procedure to mail-in 90 day reports that could be distributed at Imm. Prom.

Oh -- an indoor, aircon waiting area is in planning stages. It should be available within a month or so. And that is from the mall managment.

Edited by NancyL

Today I was at Imm. Prom. and Col. Rutjapong, the head of CM Imm. happened to be there. After greetings -- he knows me from his talk at CM Expats Club in October, I mentioned there is a rumor that Imm. is stopping 90 day reports by mail. He doesn't understand such a rumor and assured me that CM Imm. is continuing 90 day reports by post (mail).

I go back to what I've said earlier. If someone is told "they can't do it" it's because they specifically have a problem. Not because "they" in the broad, global sense can't do it anymore. The document that Tywais developed and posted here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/ is the best description of what should be done to file your 90 day report by mail.

I received the OK from Col. Rutjapong to develop a handout that would be available at Imm. Prom to explain the procedure to mail-in 90 day reports that could be distributed at Imm. Prom.

Oh -- an indoor, aircon waiting area is in planning stages. It should be available within a month or so. And that is from the mall managment.

Thank you Nancy, nicely done. thumbsup.gif

Nancy....i was there too this morning, for my visa 1 year extension. After finished without any problem as always, my wife asked the very polite senior officer if i can continue to send my 90 days report by mail.....she said NO, the service has stopped and everybody has to use either the online option or visit Promenada.

I can assure you i never had a problem in CM immigration...... the colonel says yes and the captain no......what we do now??

Nicely done. Thank you for the follow-up and sharing the information.

Nancy....i was there too this morning, for my visa 1 year extension. After finished without any problem as always, my wife asked the very polite senior officer if i can continue to send my 90 days report by mail.....she said NO, the service has stopped and everybody has to use either the online option or visit Promenada.

I can assure you i never had a problem in CM immigration...... the colonel says yes and the captain no......what we do now??

When i was there only two weeks ago i was told by an officer that there are no plans to suspend the mail in service. Now you are told the opposite but surely the boss knows what his own department is doing....or does he? It seems to me that there may be certain people at the old office trying to get rid of certain kinds of work without permission to do so. Somebody in authority really needs to get a grip !

Nancy didn't they make a small change in the form you fill out for the 90 day a little over a year ago. Perhaps people are just photocopying the old one. Just a thought.

Nancy didn't they make a small change in the form you fill out for the 90 day a little over a year ago. Perhaps people are just photocopying the old one. Just a thought.

I created a CM specific one and is in my pinned topic and the one I have been using. This is the addition that they had put on it where previously they manually stamped. You can still get the original without that addition from the main Bangkok immigration site. What I added to match up with a scanned copy from a member is below. I suspect either one is not a problem but haven't seen a current one since that member's post.

THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY.

PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON

--------------------------------------

KEEP IN PASSPORT

(The fine of Overdue Notification is not exceeding 5,000 Baht)

I created a CM specific one and is in my pinned topic and the one I have been using. This is the addition that they had put on it where previously they manually stamped. You can still get the original without that addition from the main Bangkok immigration site. What I added to match up with a scanned copy from a member is below. I suspect either one is not a problem but haven't seen a current one since that member's post.

THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY.

PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON

--------------------------------------

KEEP IN PASSPORT

(The fine of Overdue Notification is not exceeding 5,000 Baht)

You could be rite. I know for myself the first new one I was supposed to use I didn't as it was just a photocopy. I picked up a new one and keep it handy for when I am reporting 90 day. Going to be 80 days now as I just got back in to the country last week.

So the head of Chiang Mai Immigration says YES,90 day reports

still possible by mail, while his underling at Promenada,says NO

I have to make a report in 10 days,so who do I believe ?should

I just send it by post to the Airport office,as I have been doing

for a while,has anyone else done a successful report by mail

in last couple of weeks.

It seems like all this confusion over 90 day reports by mail,and

making an appointment on line for retirement extension,which

has been stopped,is a ploy to direct us into the hands of the

agents,no need to ask why,

I think everyone was pleased and excited that Immigration was

moving to Promenda,thinking the process would surely be better

than at the Airport office,what a disappointment !what a mess!

regards Worgeordie

in last couple of weeks.

regards Worgeordie

If your 90 day report is due in 10 days, then you should send it via post ASAP!

My 90 Day Report is due on September 13. On September 1 I sent in my papers to the Old Immigration Office. I registered the letter to Immigration but used normal mail for the return mail. I haven't received the return letter yet with my 90 day slip so I am starting to get worried. In the past the return has only taken 3 to 5 days.

If I don't receive the 90 day slip by next Monday (Sept 14) I am planning to go to the Old Immigration Office some time during the day (not at 5 am.) with the receipt of the registered letter sent. Has anyone else faced a similar problem recently?

My 90 Day Report is due on September 13. On September 1 I sent in my papers to the Old Immigration Office. I registered the letter to Immigration but used normal mail for the return mail. I haven't received the return letter yet with my 90 day slip so I am starting to get worried. In the past the return has only taken 3 to 5 days.

If I don't receive the 90 day slip by next Monday (Sept 14) I am planning to go to the Old Immigration Office some time during the day (not at 5 am.) with the receipt of the registered letter sent. Has anyone else faced a similar problem recently?

Now we have a member who just now says immigration does not allow mail in and was told by an immigration officer - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854428-my-experience-at-the-old-immigration-office/#entry9836841

This is getting nuts with all the conflicting information from immigration.

Now we have a member who just now says immigration does not allow mail in and was told by an immigration officer - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/854428-my-experience-at-the-old-immigration-office/#entry9836841

Could it be a simple Thainess thing - Promenada does NOT receive mail-in reports therefore when they are asked if mail-in ok, a firm NO is the response. Conversely, Airport persons doing in-person report told "must go Promenada" for next (in person) report.

Could it be a simple Thainess thing - Promenada does NOT receive mail-in reports therefore when they are asked if mail-in ok, a firm NO is the response. Conversely, Airport persons doing in-person report told "must go Promenada" for next (in person) report.

No problem there. You want to go in personally go to Promenada. You want to mail in mail to airport.

I may be getting on in years but even I can understand that.

Was by the Promenada today. I asked about the 90 day report I was told that they give out 70 in the morning It was about 11:30 and the next number she was holding was number 85. Seems like they have the 90 day back to it's usual speed that it had at the airport. Inquired at the agent next door was told 3,000 baht plus the immigration 1,900 baht for permission to stay or what ever you want to call it. Bring the passport in before 11:00 and they will have an appointment in the afternoon. Sounds to good to be true.

Might be some thing happening that not every one approves of. Personally I don't care. I didn't come to Thailand to change it to what I want or think it should be.

in last couple of weeks.

regards Worgeordie

I have been mailing to the airport address, by EMS, both ways for 2 years. Not 15 days before, mostly 10 days .Has never been more than a 3 working day turn around.

Pre prepared a 12 months supply of addressed, stamped envelopes and the calendar tells me when to go to the PO .Its that easy. Annual extension is a different animal I have time to decide which way to jump when the time comes.

in last couple of weeks.

regards Worgeordie

I have been mailing to the airport address, by EMS, both ways for 2 years. Not 15 days before, mostly 10 days .Has never been more than a 3 working day turn around.

Pre prepared a 12 months supply of addressed, stamped envelopes and the calendar tells me when to go to the PO .Its that easy. Annual extension is a different animal I have time to decide which way to jump when the time comes.

Yes I do exactly the same,but now, there is so much conflicting information,you can do it, NO you cannot,

just need advice from someone who has posted to airport office and has been successful,recently.

regards worgeordie

in last couple of weeks.

regards Worgeordie

Yes I do exactly the same,but now, there is so much conflicting information,you can do it, NO you cannot,

just need advice from someone who has posted to airport office and has been successful,recently.

regards worgeordie

Well my last 90 day report came back about 3 weeks ago.

I think like others its a Promenada mailing address NO , an Airport address still OK.Hopefully someone will come forward with more recent days experience.Agree the goal posts do tend to move and we can't expect the agents,who have the indside info to tell us, or can we ?

I reported on another thread a day ago. I mailed my 90 day paperwork in on 7 Sep. Rec'd a call on 8 Sep to report to I/o at arpt. Was told by I/o officer Mr Amnant that he'll do the report for me this time, but in the future must go to pramanada. My receipt had a number included in the lower right hand corner - this assumed as a marker that they will not do another mail in for me at arpt. So next, off to pramanada,UNLESS this is allsorted by 3 Dec.