90 day reports by mail.. stopping ?

LivinLOS

Popped into Airport Immigration Office today with some papers and asked them about 90 day mail in service and was told there are no plans to stop the service. Guess i'll find out for sure when i mail in during October !

They are obviousness unaware of Thai Visa with it's inside information.

northernjohn: What exactly did you mean by this statement. Was there something posted in TV that indicated 90 days reports by mail was discontinued. Please clarify.

Thanks.

There is a clue in the title of the thread.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped into Airport Immigration Office today with some papers and asked them about 90 day mail in service and was told there are no plans to stop the service. Guess i'll find out for sure when i mail in during October !

northernjohn: What exactly did you mean by this statement. Was there something posted in TV that indicated 90 days reports by mail was discontinued. Please clarify.

Thanks.

I hope thats subtle sarcasm...

On Monday I sent 2 x 90 day reports to immigration by EMS. I live out of the city in Maerim. Today we got a phone call from immigration that they no longer accept 90 day reports by mail. We had until 3pm today to come to immigration with the passports to get this month's 90 day cleared. There will be no more. No rumour, no speculation just straightforward fact.unless there is a change of policy that is it. Of course, the business that charges 500 Baht to do one 90 day report might benefit and I can only wonder who owns that business.

On Monday I sent 2 x 90 day reports to immigration by EMS. I live out of the city in Maerim. Today we got a phone call from immigration that they no longer accept 90 day reports by mail. We had until 3pm today to come to immigration with the passports to get this month's 90 day cleared. There will be no more. No rumour, no speculation just straightforward fact.unless there is a change of policy that is it. Of course, the business that charges 500 Baht to do one 90 day report might benefit and I can only wonder who owns that business.

Shocking....not.

Did you mail it to Airport office or Promenada?

Looking at post 64 and what my friend was told on Monday there is a major left and right hand problem here and it sucks big time.

500 must be a lucky number. That's also how much we had to pay for a "free" Residency Certificate" near Promenada.

Although we cant confirm that this is true for every individual case, it has been made known that the 90day reporting is for people from outside the province such as Lumphun etc. We can confirm several clients have been called to go to immigration after already sending the 90day by mai, and told the mail option is not for people living in Chiang Mai.

Although we cant confirm that this is true for every individual case, it has been made known that the 90day reporting is for people from outside the province such as Lumphun etc. We can confirm several clients have been called to go to immigration after already sending the 90day by mai, and told the mail option is not for people living in Chiang Mai.

They pulled that location stunt in Bangkok many years ago when i was teaching at a private school.

I lived on the opposite side of the city from the Imm Office when it was in Soi Suan Plu near Sathorn Rd. It was a 1 hour trip to get there through the traffic, an hour to process and another hour to get back.I lost half a days teaching and subsequent salary for that period. Before that I mailed for many years and there was never a problem.

Now obviously there is not so much traveling time in CM but whats their logic apart from forcing us to use Agents? How does it make life easier for staff, let alone us,can only be one reason

it might be time for the anticorruption squad to shine a light on this nest of cockroaches?

I wrote to the Australian Consul in Bangkok outlining our greivances,most likely a waste of time and our man in CM has retired and not been replaced.If every one made an effort to actually do something rather than accept the current situation who knows.

if anyone has addresses and phone no's for relevant departments please post them.The current ruling Junta has made a lot of noise about corruption and wanting to return the "happiness"

lets see how serious they are

it might be time for the anticorruption squad to shine a light on this nest of cockroaches?

I wrote to the Australian Consul in Bangkok outlining our greivances,most likely a waste of time and our man in CM has retired and not been replaced.If every one made an effort to actually do something rather than accept the current situation who knows.

if anyone has addresses and phone no's for relevant departments please post them.The current ruling Junta has made a lot of noise about corruption and wanting to return the "happiness"

lets see how serious they are

I have also contacted the Australian Embassy in Bangkok, writing directly to the ambassador.

If any other Australian is interested in doing so his details are -

His Excellency Mr Paul Robilliard

Australian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand

[email protected]

I hope other nationalities will join with us in contacting their embassies. A united front might get some result.

Writing about the problem on Thai Visa might be a good way to get it off your chest but you are only preaching to the converted.

Do something positive and write to your embassy.

As the say 'just do it'.

Edited by Saan

Is this only applicable to Chiang Mai or has the same happened in other places? It would seem strange if only Chiang Mai.

It seems CM has been specially selected for this honour. Other centres have reportedly become more efficient.

Is this only applicable to Chiang Mai or has the same happened in other places? It would seem strange if only Chiang Mai.

It seems CM has been specially selected for this honour. Other centres have reportedly become more efficient.

Other places mail in still possible?

If you go to Chaeng Wattana it takes like 10 mins for the whole thing. As there seem to be no synchronization between yearly extension of stay and notification of residence I may just do it again in Bangkok.

Other places mail in still possible?

Certainly some of them. Also many are using bar code scanner now. No documents required except for your receipt. They scan the code, print the receipt out and you're good to go. Still have the bar code in my passport they put in years ago.

Did you mail it to Airport office or Promenada?

I mailed it to the airport

It would be helpful to all those affected if you are you able to define what "living in Chiang Mai" actually means. For example, inside the Super Highway. Thanks

Thanks.

Most every thread here some one mentions it. Then some one say's they just did it and some one else says they have

been waiting 10 or more day's. Then some one else says they had to go in. Then some one else says they are using the

wrong postal system. I am not going to go back over this thread but I am sure one or more of these things have been

mentioned.

In other words don't take it to seriously until you hear from some one like Nancy. Even she might say she doesn't know

for sure. A lot of people are still sending them in to the old address.

500 must be a lucky number. That's also how much we had to pay for a "free" Residency Certificate" near Promenada.

To apply for my Yellow Book 2 years ago I got one of those directly from Immig at the airport, and it certainly wasn't free then.

To apply for my Yellow Book 2 years ago I got one of those directly from Immig at the airport, and it certainly wasn't free then.

Got mine in Phra Khanong, about the same time. Was for free.

That's where all the controversy starts. I have a yellow book from Bangkok. My car has a CNX number with Bangkok address. I made 90 days reports in CNX before applying for extension of stay here.

After all it appears that it was effort for nothing, as I can still do my 90 days in BKK, and the extension in CNX. With both being not linked.

I did the mail in 90 day report last week, got the approved slip 5 days later.

102bht including the two EMS and two envelopes.

I live in MaeJo.

[http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X8QELYE/ref=s9_simh_gw_d0_g351_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-1&pf_rd_r=1VHFGQQHZE3C4MDFCPAB&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2068141862&pf_rd_i=mobile name="kaptainrob" post="9783617" timestamp="1440666622]Online reporting works fine AFTER you've done it once, in person.

So far for me the online reporting has never worked..

That was in a passport after a series of mail in 90 day reports, and same passport after a border crossing (which I had hoped would reset it). I was hopeful a new passport http: Z//www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X8QELYE/ref=s9_simh_gw_d0_g351_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-1&pf_rd_r=1VHFGQQHZE3C4MDFCPAB&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2068141862&pf_rd_i=mobile bangkok airport entry would make it up to date and compatible xzd whatever mystery criteria they apply.

Are you saying that after I return it wont work first time, but that if I do an in person 90 days report it works after that ??

If you go to the Thai visa agency in nimmenheimin.....os thai visas and speak to them there they will do your 90 day report for you,

very professional, 300 baht a time, just give them 900 baht at the start of the year and do not have to worry about sitting in a queue at promenade, for that kind of money it is not worth me even going out there and back, let alone the grief involved.

its a worthwhile fair service......saves the worries......just google OS Thai Visas.....bingo, forget about the 90 day report drama and find something else to moan about....l

Edited by namatjira

Thanks.

Most every thread here some one mentions it. Then some one say's they just did it and some one else says they have

been waiting 10 or more day's. Then some one else says they had to go in. Then some one else says they are using the

wrong postal system. I am not going to go back over this thread but I am sure one or more of these things have been

mentioned.

In other words don't take it to seriously until you hear from some one like Nancy. Even she might say she doesn't know

for sure. A lot of people are still sending them in to the old address.

I think that they may be selective as to who they allow to complete the 90 day by mail now as some people are completing some are not?

Not sure, go and ask at airport immigration, it's the impression I got but the officer would not be specific.

Edited by Thailand

The potential for increasing the folding in the hot sweaty fist is exponential. It could very well catch on elsewhere.