Bangkok police hunt Porsche driver who drives the wrong way at Asoke (VIDEO)

webfact

Police hunt driver who drives Porsche the wrong way at Asoke (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Thonglor police said today they are tracking down the Porsche driver who was filmed driving the wrong way out of Sukhumvit Soi 16 in the morning to avoid taking two u-turns.

The video showing the luxury car driving against the direction of traffic near Asoke intersection drew criticism online when it was shared by a female Facebook user on Saturday.

"This driver goes against the traffic every day. Guess they leave their house at this time." she said in the video. "I want to know what’s on their mind.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/27/police-hunt-porsche-prick-who-drives-wrong-way-asoke-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-28

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich people think that they can do whatever they want. Someone needs to give them a real hard lesson.

You can do whatever you want in the traffic in Thailand whether you're rich or poor, the maximum fine is something like 1000 baht lol.

Of course, this happened every weekday within sight of the police post at the Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection. Wouldn't surprise me if the cops there are from the Thonglor precinct, whose policy is to curry favour with the rich.

The Porsche driver works at the Exchange Tower, so just interview the guards there or look at the garage's videos.

I see people doing this every day. The BIB should be working on the Erawan bombing case and stepping up security measures, not responding to some stupid netizens who have only uncovered a common everyday flaunting of the traffic laws.

Edited by zaphod reborn

I see people doing this every day. The BIB should be working on the Erawan bombing case and stepping up security measures, not responding to some stupid netizens who have only uncovered a common everyday flaunting of the traffic laws.

I saw a policeman doing the same, only to avoid a u-turn. He wanted to go at his police station.

While I do agree that they need to catch the bombers, traffic accidents kill more people every day in Thailand than that one bomb. Statistically traffic is a much much bigger problem.

Perhaps he was influenced by the Thai Police motorcycles that I see doing this everyday?

coffee1.gif

No I don't want to clear Thai m/c drivers going against traffic (i hate them) but doing the same in a car is far more dangerous and annoying.

Rich people think that they can do whatever they want. Someone needs to give them a real hard lesson.

And the non-rich never do anything wrong?

True, but the rich more so (at least here)

Maybe the motorcycle riders in the video who did the same as the Porsche driver are also rich.

Actually I know lots of rich people ... mostly Americans, some Europeans, and a few Thais ... and they don't "think that they can do whatever they want."

However, I'll grant you that the rich in Thailand do seem to get away with a lot of misconduct and crimes. Of course, this is also the case throughout the world ... esp. in undeveloped/third-world/highly-corrupt countries.

Edited by HerbalEd